I'm having some problems with my mouseover macros. I'm using the same macro for (example) Soothing Mist and Life Cocoon
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Soothing Mist
    Code:
    #showtooltip Life Cocoon
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Life Cocoon
    Yet, when ever I try and use Life Cocoon I get an error message saying it's an invalid target or the spell isn't ready yet (when I'm mouse overing a friendly target and it is off CD).
    If it matters I'm also having similar problems with some of my "hand" spells on my Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah aside from the fact that clicking buttons as a healer is excruciatingly bad, that's not really an advisable way to utilize chi wave. Since it will heal 4 times regardless of whether you start it on a friend or foe, its purpose in your arsensal is a set-and-forget smart heal. I advise, whether you're a healer tank or dps, you look into keybindings and some good raid frames.
    It's meant for PvP as a Brewmaster. :P

And I click a LOT faster than I can ever keybind.

Just because you are faster at keybinds does not mean everyone else is.

When I heal, I use Grid + Clique. Works fine. But as said, this is meant for PvP. :P Where I do want it to heal me before it hits an enemy, unless I need it to heal someone else first.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts a spell at your target only if your target is not an arena unit (arena1, 2, 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Retroh View Post
    Does any 1 know of a macro for a feral druid that will combined thrash an swipe to 1 keybind. In other words with 1 click it cast swipe, an using a mob for shift to cast thrash
    if I read you correctly:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Thrash; Swipe
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).
    my suggestion (I do it with castrandom):
    Code:
    /castrandom [flyable] flymount1, flymount2, ...; groundmount1, groundmount2.....
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Modifier, how so? I just want a macro to cicle through some of my fly mounts, in this case: Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, etc. The same for ground mounts...
    I like YayMounts for this. You can use a macro command (/click YayMountsButton) and add some custom logic (I have mod for repair mount) instead of just binding it.

Is there a macro or script I can make or use that will change talents for me? (basically a way of not having to use the talent/ glyph window due to the bug which doesn't let you change talents until a reload is done)

Something that would change a talent (ie holy avenger) to another predetermined talent (like divine purpose) and having a bunch of macros/ scripts that would do this for me?
    I would want one macro/ script for:
    Holy Avenger -> Divine Purpose
    Divine Purpose -> Holy Avenger
    Execution Sentence -> Light's Hammer

Is this kinda thing possible, or for fast and easy switching of talents am I screwed and going to have to use the talent window to click onto each talent and do a reload when necessary?

If taints prevent it, you generally can't macro it - the macro code is also tainted by default.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Ah, so what if the taint was not their (ie on reload) would it be doable or not? as a means to swap talents quickly without having to open the talent window.

Don't judge or anything, I need a few simple macros for a destro lock, and I'm terrible with macros. I want to cast 2 spells at once. What's the code to do so properly?

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Don't judge or anything, I need a few simple macros for a destro lock, and I'm terrible with macros. I want to cast 2 spells at once. What's the code to do so properly?
    You'll have to be more specific. You can't cast two spells "at once" unless one or both is off the GCD. If they're on the GCD, you can use a modifier (alt, shift, ctrl). If they are spells you always use one after another, you can use a castsequence, but it's fairly limited. A macro can't choose which spell to cast based on cooldowns, debuffs, buffs, etc.

These are some basic templates:

Off the GCD:
    Code:
    /cast Spell1
    /cast Spell2
    On GCD (mod):
    Code:
    /cast [mod] Spell2; Spell1
    On GCD (castsequence; limited actual use):
    Code:
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2

Bloodsail Admiral Chickensoup23's Avatar
    Hi there, hunter here. I'd like a macro that makes my pet attack the target im targeting (switch to it if its not already on it), then cast Kill Command. Example (I know its not the right commands but its what I'd like it to do). That way, my pet will go on the correct target without having to manually tell him every time. Saves time & utility. Any input?

-showtooltip
    -pettarget = my target
    -cast kill command

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Ah, so what if the taint was not their (ie on reload) would it be doable or not? as a means to swap talents quickly without having to open the talent window.
    Unless there's a slash command for it that I've missed, no. The problem is that applying/removing talents is a protected function and cannot be called from insecure (non-Blizzard) code. Macro code isn't secure, so you can't call it from there (well, you can call it, but it won't do anything).
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Is it possible to make a mouseover macro that when I mouseover a friendly unit, it will cast Penance, but when I have shift or alt pressed it will hit the mob I have targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    Is it possible to make a mouseover macro that when I mouseover a friendly unit, it will cast Penance, but when I have shift or alt pressed it will hit the mob I have targeted?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift/alt][@mouseover, help, nodead][] Penance
    This will so what I read you want the macro to do, and if you're neither mouseovering a friendly target or pressing alt or shift, the button will behave just like the normal spell (hence the []).
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Perfect! That's what I meant, a macro that I could basically spam to blow my trinket and class damage buff. Seeing as I always use them one after the other. Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Normally I'm an advocate for playing whichever way you prefer (seriously, about half of my posts contain something like "it depends" or "do whichever you like") but clicking buttons simply does not fall into that category. I'm not saying you can't be a successful player at it, but it is definitively worse. You may think you can click faster than you can press keybinds, but there are two problems. First off, you probably actually cannot, which is due to the way muscle memory works in reaction to stimuli. It may take practice until keybinding is faster for you, but it WILL be faster. Second, if you are clicking buttons on your action bar, you can't simultaneously change targets and you can't simultaneously mouse turn. If you use grid and clique to heal, you can't use quick abilities on non-targets by clicking your action bars (think Hand of Sac, Hand of Protection, LoH, Pain Suppression, Leap of Faith, Swiftmend, etc).

Pvp is a little different because you can have macros for your specific arena teammates, which most of the top players do. Personally I wish I could employ that method but I don't focus on pvp enough that its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myzou

I'm not saying you can't be a successful player at it, but it is definitively worse.
    Qft.
    Keybinding helps you do other stuff with your mouse, including the possibility to use mouseover macros, something I use as a healer, dps and tank and in pve as in pvp. I use Q E 1 2 3 4 R F Y/Z X C V, if that's of interest. All the versatility I need with a standard keyboard and a simple 3button mouse (I'm not at home a lot, so I play a lot on my laptop).
    My main point against clicking spells is that there's absolutely no way (physically already) that you can click something on your screen, click a spell/macro, move the cursor to a position in the screen again with no delay compared to not moving your mouse fromthe screen and pressing a button.
    Let's say you can click spells as fast as you could press keys (which is doubtable, because you have more fingers than cursors) - the moving of the cursor from screen to action bar and takes a nonzero amount of time that you do not have with keybinds.
    Try it out for yourself, you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by Tearor; 2012-11-28 at 10:22 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    For me and rest of community,
    macro that would check what lost treasures in MoP we have looted (ones for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7284 )

Apparently when you loot item, you also do some kind of FLAG-quest (for example when you loot http://www.wowhead.com/item=86522 that is contained in http://www.wowhead.com/object=213967 , you do http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31433 in same time) and it is possible to request server to tell if you have done flag quest or not.

EDIT: On http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1739902 user has told more about this, now someone would just need to make macro from all of these.

EDIT2: I don't need any more help. In case anyone is trying to find what I was trying to find, check http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1773798
    Last edited by Sirtus; 2012-12-02 at 02:47 PM. Reason: no need helped anymore

I need help making a macro. I want to make something that will cast Flying Serpent Kick, and if I have different modifiers pressed down it'll do different /yells. Specifically "URSA KICK!" And "WHOOSH!". Help?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Hey, I'm getting into Challengemodes atm and I'm kinda annoyed by the /reloadui bug you sometimes get while respeccing talents. Is there a macro to do this? Not switching talent specs, but the talents.

Thanks in advance!