Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    And I click a LOT faster than I can ever keybind.

Just because you are faster at keybinds does not mean everyone else is.
    Normally I'm an advocate for playing whichever way you prefer (seriously, about half of my posts contain something like "it depends" or "do whichever you like") but clicking buttons simply does not fall into that category. I'm not saying you can't be a successful player at it, but it is definitively worse. You may think you can click faster than you can press keybinds, but there are two problems. First off, you probably actually cannot, which is due to the way muscle memory works in reaction to stimuli. It may take practice until keybinding is faster for you, but it WILL be faster. Second, if you are clicking buttons on your action bar, you can't simultaneously change targets and you can't simultaneously mouse turn. If you use grid and clique to heal, you can't use quick abilities on non-targets by clicking your action bars (think Hand of Sac, Hand of Protection, LoH, Pain Suppression, Leap of Faith, Swiftmend, etc).

Pvp is a little different because you can have macros for your specific arena teammates, which most of the top players do. Personally I wish I could employ that method but I don't focus on pvp enough that its worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myzou
    And I click a LOT faster than I can ever keybind.

Just because you are faster at keybinds does not mean everyone else is.
    I'm not saying you can't be a successful player at it, but it is definitively worse.
    Qft.
    Keybinding helps you do other stuff with your mouse, including the possibility to use mouseover macros, something I use as a healer, dps and tank and in pve as in pvp. I use Q E 1 2 3 4 R F Y/Z X C V, if that's of interest. All the versatility I need with a standard keyboard and a simple 3button mouse (I'm not at home a lot, so I play a lot on my laptop).
    My main point against clicking spells is that there's absolutely no way (physically already) that you can click something on your screen, click a spell/macro, move the cursor to a position in the screen again with no delay compared to not moving your mouse fromthe screen and pressing a button.
    Let's say you can click spells as fast as you could press keys (which is doubtable, because you have more fingers than cursors) - the moving of the cursor from screen to action bar and takes a nonzero amount of time that you do not have with keybinds.
    Try it out for yourself, you will not be disappointed.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-11-28 at 10:22 AM.

Deleted
    For me and rest of community,
    macro that would check what lost treasures in MoP we have looted (ones for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7284 )

Apparently when you loot item, you also do some kind of FLAG-quest (for example when you loot http://www.wowhead.com/item=86522 that is contained in http://www.wowhead.com/object=213967 , you do http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31433 in same time) and it is possible to request server to tell if you have done flag quest or not.

EDIT: On http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1739902 user has told more about this, now someone would just need to make macro from all of these.

EDIT2: I don't need any more help. In case anyone is trying to find what I was trying to find, check http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1773798
    Last edited by mmoc43d3e71278; 2012-12-02 at 02:47 PM. Reason: no need helped anymore

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I need help making a macro. I want to make something that will cast Flying Serpent Kick, and if I have different modifiers pressed down it'll do different /yells. Specifically "URSA KICK!" And "WHOOSH!". Help?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    Hey, I'm getting into Challengemodes atm and I'm kinda annoyed by the /reloadui bug you sometimes get while respeccing talents. Is there a macro to do this? Not switching talent specs, but the talents.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted

Deleted
    Ah, damn, I thought i searched the last 10 pages for something about that :/ Thanks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I need help making a macro. I want to make something that will cast Flying Serpent Kick, and if I have different modifiers pressed down it'll do different /yells. Specifically "URSA KICK!" And "WHOOSH!". Help?
    I dont think you can put conditionals on chat commands? not sure..

if you can, its as simple as this:

/use Flying Serpent Kick
    /y [mod:shift]WHOOSH!
    /y [mod:ctrl]BAZINGA
    /y [nomod]DUUUUUUUUUUMP

if you can't then you have to do something like this

/use Flying Serpent Kick
    /y WHOOSH!!
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /y INCOMING!!

but I cant think of an elegant way to solve it. Try the first one, hopefully it works

This should say the first message on ctrl, and the other message on alt.
    Code:
    /run local s1,s2,s="URSA KICK!","WHOOSH!" if IsControlKeyDown() then s=s1 elseif IsAltKeyDown() then s=s2 end if s then SendChatMessage(s,"YELL") end
    replace IsControlKeyDown() and IsAltKeyDown() with eachother or IsShiftKeyDown() and mix around as needed.

The code is not spam secure, so spamming it will send the message multiple times.

Deleted
    Im looking for a macro that will change the spell depending on what talent I've chosen. For example:

In Mage's talent tree tier one; If I'm specced in Scorch, I want the macro to show tooltip for scorch if I mouse over it and cast scorch when I press it. If I'm specced into Presence of Mind, I want it to show tooltip for PoM when I mouse over it and cast it when I press it. If I'm specced into Icy Floes, it shows that spell...

I also need a macro for the other tiers, but I guess I can just replace the spell's name in the macro for each tier.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    Im looking for a macro that will change the spell depending on what talent I've chosen. For example:

In Mage's talent tree tier one; If I'm specced in Scorch, I want the macro to show tooltip for scorch if I mouse over it and cast scorch when I press it. If I'm specced into Presence of Mind, I want it to show tooltip for PoM when I mouse over it and cast it when I press it. If I'm specced into Icy Floes, it shows that spell...

I also need a macro for the other tiers, but I guess I can just replace the spell's name in the macro for each tier.

Thank you very much!
    Here you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    If you want random mounts:
    Not sure if this still works
    Code:
    /userandom [flyable] FMOUNT1, FMOUNT2, FMOUNT3; MOUNT1, MOUNT2
    replace MOUNTX with the mounts name, gets really long with lots of mounts.

This should: (is better if you want more mounts )
    Code:
    /run local m if IsFlyableArea() then m={1,3,5} else m={2,4,8}end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m[random(#m)])
    Replace 1,3,5 with your flying mounts index (in mount tab) and 2,4,8 with ground mount indices. (you can list as many mounts you want, just separate them with commas)

You can get a full list of your mounts with indices:
    Code:
    /run for i=1,GetNumCompanions("mount") do print(i..": "..select(2,GetCompanionInfo("mount",i)))end
    If you want to search a specific mount
    Code:
    /run local n for i=1,GetNumCompanions("mount") do n=select(2,GetCompanionInfo("mount",i)) if strfind(n,"Black") then print(i,n)end end
    Replace Black with the search term. (This will show every mounts index with Black in its name, and also its name (by searching black you get more than 1 so it's nice to see the name too)
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-12-01 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift/alt][@mouseover, help, nodead][] Penance
    This will so what I read you want the macro to do, and if you're neither mouseovering a friendly target or pressing alt or shift, the button will behave just like the normal spell (hence the []).
    Aw man thanks so much!
    [/CENTER]

Hello. I am looking for a macro on my priest as I filled up all my bars with various macros and spells. Now I need to get more spells in one macro.

I was looking for a macro that can room 3 spells with Mod:.

If this is possible to make I would love to have one that goes like this:

The non modifyed button is Vampiric Touch
    Shift Mod: Flash heal
    Ctrl Mod: Levitate

Not sure if its important or not, but they will be used with the bind "q"

Thank you.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Flash Heal; [mod:ctrl] Levitate; Vampiric Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Flash Heal; [mod:ctrl] Levitate; Vampiric Touch

Thanks a million kind sir!

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    This should say the first message on ctrl, and the other message on alt.
    Code:
    /run local s1,s2,s="URSA KICK!","WHOOSH!" if IsControlKeyDown() then s=s1 elseif IsAltKeyDown() then s=s2 end if s then SendChatMessage(s,"YELL") end
    replace IsControlKeyDown() and IsAltKeyDown() with eachother or IsShiftKeyDown() and mix around as needed.

The code is not spam secure, so spamming it will send the message multiple times.
    Will it say nothing if I hit neither?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    That is correct.

this macro was one of the most good macro for me

/cast Crusader strike
    /cast Fist of Justice
    /cast Holy Prism

now after 5.1 didn't work it just cast Crusader strike or Holy Prism if i put it like that

/cast Holy Prism
    /cast Crusader strike
    /cast Fist of Justice

why i cant use it like before cast every thing