How do I make a macro so that it can be used as a mouseover OR on a target?

Warlock main. I'm really bad at this game.

Narnia, in your wardrobe watching you sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmeh-chan View Post
    How do I make a macro so that it can be used as a mouseover OR on a target?
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][] spellname
    That one will prioritize a mouseover target over your actual target.

Code:
    /cast [@target,exists][@mouseover,exists] spellname
    That one will prioritize an actual target over a mouseover.

It may have been asked but how do I do a mouseover macro for fear (I play lock). I want it to do the following:

Assume I have a target A and want to fear target B. Target B should be feared without me deselecting target A (mouseovering B). Also, with the same macro (possibly using a modifier), I want to be able to cast Fear on target A.

Pokemon X FC: 1435-4739-8696 Trainer Name: Evershade

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It may have been asked but how do I do a mouseover macro for fear (I play lock). I want it to do the following:

Assume I have a target A and want to fear target B. Target B should be feared without me deselecting target A (mouseovering B). Also, with the same macro (possibly using a modifier), I want to be able to cast Fear on target A.
    Code:
    /use [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Or something like this if you wanted shift to be your modifier.

Code:
    /use [mod:shift][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post

Another possibility is

Code:
    /cast [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] fear
    What that does is cast fear on your mouseover target if you have one, if not it will cast fear on your normal target, and if you press a mod it will cast fear on your normal target even if you have a mouseover target.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Code:
    /use [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift][@mouseover,harm,nodead]Fear
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Code:
    /cast [mod][@mouseover,harm,nodead][] fear
    These are all fine, I just wanted to add the "cleanest" version:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod,@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Fear
    The "nomod" makes the macro skip the first conditional if a mod is pressed, just as wished.
    "nomod" can be used like "mod", as in you can specify the mod; if e.g. you want to use only alt as a mod to fear your target instead of the mouseover, just write "nomod:alt".
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Hi I am using this macro:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=10 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence
    But the reset does not seem to work. I thought after I had cast Frost Presence the macro would not reset until after 10 seconds after I began the sequence but I can instantly use Blood Presence after I have used Frost Presence after constantly hitting the macro which is not what I want. Why is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post

Code:
    But the reset does not seem to work. I thought after I had cast Frost Presence the macro would not reset until after 10 seconds after I began the sequence but I can instantly use Blood Presence after I have used Frost Presence after constantly hitting the macro which is not what I want. Why is this happening?
    I believe reset will only apply if the sequence is not finished. Might be wrong, but that would explain why it does that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:30 PM ----------

Code:
    MAYBE this would work:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=10 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-16 at 08:09 PM.

Actually you were sort of right CodeConqueror:

/castsequence reset=115 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence

Works because I cannot use Frost Presence while in Frost Presence so that stops the macro and then resets in 10 seconds which is good. I think you can use /stopmacro or something as well but this works fine.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have the "Raise Dead" spell showing on my bars with the cooldown text on it using OmniCC rather than having Blood Presence showing? The castsequence needs to start with blood plague but I would rather see the cooldown for raise Dead showing as I need to use them together.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have the "Raise Dead" spell showing on my bars with the cooldown text on it using OmniCC rather than having Blood Presence showing? The castsequence needs to start with blood plague but I would rather see the cooldown for raise Dead showing as I need to use them together.
    #showtooltip will do that:

Code:
    #showtooltip Raise Dead
    /castsequence reset=115 Blood Presence, Raise Dead, Death Pact, Frost Presence, Frost Presence

Also, be aware that the sequence reset timer count is reset each time it's pressed and not from the beginning of the sequence.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-16 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Removed failed macro commands, cleaned up quotes and text.

I'm looking for a macro that I can put into my attack macros that will cause my ghoul to use his claw attack, and sweeping claws when he's transformed. Basically I wish to macro my pet's attacks into my own.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that I can put into my attack macros that will cause my ghoul to use his claw attack, and sweeping claws when he's transformed. Basically I wish to macro my pet's attacks into my own.
    I don't have a UH spec to test with but I THINK when the ghoul transforms its name changes; so you could use something like:

Code:
    /cast [pet:NORMALGHOULPETNAME] Claw Attack
    /cast [pet:XFORMEDGHOULPETNAME] Sweeping Claws
    /cast MYMAINATTACK
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-02-17 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Grammar nerd fix

Hello, I'm trying to make a /run macro, that sets raid target icons on all mobs of a given name/unit id.
    Something similar to what DBM does on the Lei-Shi encounter, when the boss spawns three "Animated Protector", which all get different icons.
    I hope, thats possible with a 255 char macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to make a /run macro, that sets raid target icons on all mobs of a given name/unit id.
    Something similar to what DBM does on the Lei-Shi encounter, when the boss spawns three "Animated Protector", which all get different icons.
    I hope, thats possible with a 255 char macro.
    I don't think this is possible with a macro. I'm not aware of a way to get a macro to know Animated Protector 1 from Animated Protector 3. It MIGHT be possible with a complex /script command, but I wouldn't know how.

I'm looking for a macro that equips a specific weapon.

The usual macro
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon Name Here]
    will equip the weapon in your inventory, which is clear. But it gets bit complicated when I have 2 weapons with the same name inventory. Usually when the equip macro runs it will take the "other" weapon, not the one it suppose to.

How can I fix it, so if you run the macro it will take the correct item from inventory.

Code:
    /equip [Weapon 1]
    /use [Skill 1]
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon 2]
    /use [Skill 2]
    Weapon 1 and Weapon 2 are same items, with different reforges/enchants and it is really important that the correct weapon gets chosen for the skill I'm using.

Can someone pls give me some ideas on how should I make the macro work correctly?
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING for WoD
    Proud RL of Mythic 12/14 HC Open Raid PUG

Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.

edit: wrong thread, ignore
    Last edited by Kyza; 2013-02-19 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that equips a specific weapon.

The usual macro
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon Name Here]
    will equip the weapon in your inventory, which is clear. But it gets bit complicated when I have 2 weapons with the same name inventory. Usually when the equip macro runs it will take the "other" weapon, not the one it suppose to.

How can I fix it, so if you run the macro it will take the correct item from inventory.

Code:
    /equip [Weapon 1]
    /use [Skill 1]
    Code:
    /equip [Weapon 2]
    /use [Skill 2]
    Weapon 1 and Weapon 2 are same items, with different reforges/enchants and it is really important that the correct weapon gets chosen for the skill I'm using.

Can someone pls give me some ideas on how should I make the macro work correctly?
    Easiest way I can think of is making 2 equipment sets with the equipment manager, one using the first weapon, one using the other one.
    And use a macro like
    Code:
    /equipset set1
    /cast skill1
    and
    Code:
    /equipset set2
    /cast skill2
    (Just change the set names to whatever it is you use. Do note that equipment sets are case sensitive)

And as always if you chain cast spells the weapon swap might not trigger, not really anything that can be done about that, just wait a millisec between casts where there's a weapon swap.

Thanks Madorable. It is really clever advice.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING for WoD
    Proud RL of Mythic 12/14 HC Open Raid PUG

Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Thanks Madorable. It is really clever advice.
    And the only workaround for that issue afaik.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    And the only workaround for that issue afaik.
    Guess you could use bag slot macros, but that is so much more complicated :P As you need to have the right item in the right bag slot at any given time..