Hey

I'm looking for a macro to put signs on my team members in 2s and 3s. You know, the skull and cross and all that.

@Fearzwtf
    Pretty sure macros cant detect CDs, but you could try a castsequence macro.

Code:
    /castsequence reset="CD of holy fire" Holy Fire, Shadow Word Pain
    Or add a modifier to it
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Holy Fire; Shadow Word Pain
    You can of course change that to what ever modifier you want.

Though that macro wont do as you asked for, as you need to press shift to cast Holy Fire, and it will cast SWP when you dont hold down shift.

P.S I'm very new to macros, so if this is wrong please correct me. Just trying to figure it out
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Code:
    /run SetRaidTarget("player",1) SetRaidTarget("party1",2) SetRaidTarget("party2",3)

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there something like this possible:

I have two spells. Dragon Roar and Whirlwind. The first is on a 60 sec CD, the second has not CD. they are both on global CD

I want to cast dragon roar, and if that is on CD, cast whirlwind.
    My first Idea was: /castsequence reset=60 Dragon Roar, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind.... you get the idea. but 60 seconds is 40 times whirlwind (1.5s global cd), minus one for DR, makes it 39 times whirlwind. and I get max 19 or 20 whirlwind into one macro, then 255 characters kick in. otherwise this would work, if it wouldnt be for the max characters.

any idea, how this could be achieved?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    Is there something like this possible:

I have two spells. Dragon Roar and Whirlwind. The first is on a 60 sec CD, the second has not CD. they are both on global CD

I want to cast dragon roar, and if that is on CD, cast whirlwind.
    My first Idea was: /castsequence reset=60 Dragon Roar, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind, whirlwind.... you get the idea. but 60 seconds is 40 times whirlwind (1.5s global cd), minus one for DR, makes it 39 times whirlwind. and I get max 19 or 20 whirlwind into one macro, then 255 characters kick in. otherwise this would work, if it wouldnt be for the max characters.

any idea, how this could be achieved?
    A castsequence starts counting those 60 seconds after the last press, so that macro wouldn't work even if you had unlimited character space. Only way you can do that is with modifiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    A castsequence starts counting those 60 seconds after the last press, so that macro wouldn't work even if you had unlimited character space. Only way you can do that is with modifiers.
    well, just for the record, I use "/castsequence reset=15 pummel, disrupting shout" macro for my interrupt. and this works perfectly. I press pummel, DS becomes available. I press DS, pummel becomes available again (with counding CD). I don't press DS, after 15 seconds, exactly when the CD on pummel is ready again, it switches back to pummel. that was the intention why the same mechanic could work with DR and WW. Thing is, it works exactly how it's supposed to work. I press DR, it switches to WW, and no matter how often I press WW. not at all, once, 10 times, doesn't matter, after DR cd is ready - 60 seconds after its use - it becomes available again. only thing is: i cant put enough WW into that macro (39) to be - theoretically - able to spam WW the whole minute until DR CD is ready again.

Well, I guess I get used to a modifier macro once again. ._.

well, just for the record, I use "/castsequence reset=15 pummel, disrupting shout" macro for my interrupt. and this works perfectly. I press pummel, DS becomes available. I press DS, pummel becomes available again (with counding CD). I don't press DS, after 15 seconds, exactly when the CD on pummel is ready again, it switches back to pummel. that was the intention why the same mechanic could work with DR and WW. Thing is, it works exactly how it's supposed to work. I press DR, it switches to WW, and no matter how often I press WW. not at all, once, 10 times, doesn't matter, after DR cd is ready - 60 seconds after its use - it becomes available again. only thing is: i cant put enough WW into that macro (39) to be - theoretically - able to spam WW the whole minute until DR CD is ready again.

To be honest with you, I dont see the problem by having two binds? All these castsequence macros just seems like a lazy mans choice to me..
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem is - I have way too much bindings already. it is an attempt to save some. since DR is also part of single target rotation AND has a higher priority over WW in AoE, this would be a nobrainer macro

Deleted

/castsequence resets after X seconds of not pressing the button.
    If you do /castsequence reset=15 pummel, disrupting shout, it will reset to pummel after you don't press it for 15 seconds, e.g. 15 seconds after Pummel (or if you press it again, since the sequence is over after DS). This works because first press = last press.

However, your proposed DR/WW macro would reset if you don't press it for 60 seconds - however, every time you use WW it would reset this timer. This wouldn't work because first press != last press.

Deleted
    I'm trying to get a macro with mods for using the belt slot working.
    Up until now I was using the following macro for Destro:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift] Shadowburn
    /cast [nomod] Fel Flame

Now for Demo I was trying the following:

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] 6
    /cast [nomod] Fel Flame

I tried shiftig the mod option behind the 6 but it still didn't work.
    Is there a correct syntax for this or is it just not possible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    I'm trying to get a macro with mods for using the belt slot working.
    Up until now I was using the following macro for Destro:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:shift] Shadowburn
    /cast [nomod] Fel Flame

Now for Demo I was trying the following:

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] 6
    /cast [nomod] Fel Flame

I tried shiftig the mod option behind the 6 but it still didn't work.
    Is there a correct syntax for this or is it just not possible?
    Code:
    #showtoolip
    /use [mod:shift]6;fel flame
    Should work, can't try it out since I have no chars with belt enchants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Code:
    #showtoolip
    /use [mod:shift]6;fel flame
    Should work, can't try it out since I have no chars with belt enchants.
    Works thanks =)

Code:
    /target focus
    /targetlasttarget
    /focus
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Anyone know if it's possible to swap target and focus with a macro? Was thinking using a /script but apparently changing focus from script is blocked.
    This was what I derived from a post on official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1922562893

Code:
    /cleartarget [@target,dead]
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead]
    /target focus
    /cleartarget [@focus, noexists]
    /targetlasttarget [@focus,exists]
    /focus [@focus,exists,@target,exists]
    /targetlasttarget [@focus,exists]
    /focus [@focus,noexists]

Don't have time to test it out right now though. It's an older post and I'm not sure if any changes have been implemented that would prevent it from working as desired because I've had issues before with macros containing more than one target command in it.

Deleted
    One of our mages was trying to use the following Macro for interrupting the Dinomancers at the Horridon Encounter but it didn't work according to him. Could somebody help fix it?

Code:
    #showtooltip Counterspell
    /cast [modifier:alt,target=Zandalari Dinomancer] Counterspell
    /cast [nomodifier] Counterspel

Deleted
    Code:
    /cast [nomod:alt]Counterspell
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Zandalari Dinomancer
    /cast [harm,nodead]Counterspell
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /cast [nomod:alt]Counterspell
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Zandalari Dinomancer
    /cast [harm,nodead]Counterspell
    /targetlasttarget
    Thank you very much this works =)

Monk RoP focus macro please?

So mage team mate need a macro so he wont cancel Iceblock if he spams it, any suggestions?

Hey guys,

I am not sure if this is a right place to ask for this.

But I myself, are a very visual person, so I usually rely on macros to lead my raid. I got a few Focus fire macros set up for raiding. However I have a pet peeve about setting so many ??????? on my bars and I have to read a small text to be able to tell them apart. While I know I can select a icon for them, but I am looking for specific icons where it's probably have to be custom-made.

I am looking for a way or help to be able to set up a MOON icon for Moon target marker macro instead of having a "?" with a small text across the bottom of the button.

The same goes for X, Triangle, Star, Square, and Skull as well.

I hope you guys understand what I am asking you for. Thank you!

(English is not my first language)

PS Send me a private message if you can help me out with this or post in here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Monk RoP focus macro please?
    What do you want to do? cast RoP on focus without losing your target, nothing else?

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] RoP

would do that, however you can twist it by saying /cast [@focus, exists][] RoP - that will only cast it on your focus if you have one, otherwise behave normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So mage team mate need a macro so he wont cancel Iceblock if he spams it, any suggestions?
    You can't tell the macro to check if Ice Block is already active or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Noventforme View Post
    I am looking for a way or help to be able to set up a MOON icon for Moon target marker macro instead of having a "?" with a small text across the bottom of the button.

The same goes for X, Triangle, Star, Square, and Skull as well.
    You can select any icon for every macro in the /macro menu.