Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Well I just tried, I think i can't use any message function with conditionals (as they are all considered insecure).

I've taken a look at some of the syntax and only secure functions can use it (well excluding /equip etc). You can't use the weapon name either only the type or subtype (so [equipped:fist weapons] etc). it seems i'll have to look into a script for that or maybe find an addon that allows insecure commands to have conditionals. I'm not 100% sure about this but i was able to use conditionals if i used secure commands.

Anyway, big thanks for the advise already
    /run print("Boss Miss Chance: "..GetMeleeMissChance(3))

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    /run print("Boss Miss Chance: "..GetMeleeMissChance(3))
    Thanks! Annoying thing is that the equipping has some lag, so i get the hit chance i had before swapping.

I just downloaded macrotalk and could make it work. /optsay allows you to use conditionals/options. I can also send a whisper to myself. This will do for now, i actually wanted it as a raid warning but the chat bubble is good enough for me.

Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /optsay [equipped:fist weapons] TRASH
    /optsay [equipped:daggers] BOSS
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    my fist set is actually for bosses but due to the small lag because of the swap, it works.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Thanks! Annoying thing is that the equipping has some lag, so i get the hit chance i had before swapping.

I just downloaded macrotalk and could make it work. /optsay allows you to use conditionals/options. I can also send a whisper to myself. This will do for now, i actually wanted it as a raid warning but the chat bubble is good enough for me.

Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /optsay [equipped:fist weapons] TRASH
    /optsay [equipped:daggers] BOSS
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    my fist set is actually for bosses but due to the small lag because of the swap, it works.

Thanks for the help!
    Ah, I didn't know you had different weapon types.

I'm assuming you mean a message in your raid warning frame, and not an actual /rw chat message...if that's the case,
    /run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidWarningFrame, SecureCmdOptionParse("[equipped:fist weapons]TRASH;BOSS"), ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2013-09-28 at 06:06 PM.

Hi, I'm currently gearing up my Monk for some Mistweaving/fistweaving aswell for PvP, and currently I'm having this great idea for a macro, but I can't it it to work.

The idea behind it is, to keep my amount of keybinds at a low level, so I'm combining spells having a different effect depending on my current target, say I'm targeting and ally and my key would cast surging mist, but if i have an enemy targeted i will cast tiger power.

Now here's what I currently have

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm]Jab;[help]Soothing Mist

Now my problem is, when I have no target the icon will just be a "?" I want it to be Jab when I have no target, Jab when I have an enemy targeted and Soothing Mist when I have a friendly target.

That's one part of the problem, the other is when I have no target, I will target my nearest enemy and use Jab on them. Kinda like when you hit your regular Jab key without a target.

I hope I made this post somewhat understandable, and I'd really appreciate some help on the matter..

Thanks a lot in advance
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    Now my problem is, when I have no target the icon will just be a "?" I want it to be Jab when I have no target, Jab when I have an enemy targeted and Soothing Mist when I have a friendly target.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [help]Soothing Mist;Jab
    Last edited by lawomous; 2013-09-27 at 11:48 PM.

Question. I need a mouse-over macro for my hunter if possible that casts Hunters Mark, Serpent Sting, and then Kill Command. Is this possible?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [@mouseover, harm, nodead] reset=3 Hunter's Mark, Serpent Sting, Kill Command

Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

Hey

I'm in a need of a mouse over AND nochanneling macro for my mage bombs.

I use for my Arcane Barrage so I can spam it during my Arcane Missiles.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage
    So Basically I need this macro but with a mouse over function for my mage bombs. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Velk View Post
    Hey

I'm in a need of a mouse over AND nochanneling macro for my mage bombs.

I use for my Arcane Barrage so I can spam it during my Arcane Missiles.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage
    So Basically I need this macro but with a mouse over function for my mage bombs. Thanks!
    So what do you want it to do, still cast AB on your target in case you don't mouseover anything, or do you just need the same macro for MB with a mouseover function?
    First:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling, @mouseover, harm, nodead] Mage Bomb; [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage
    second:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling, @mouseover, harm, nodead][nochanneling] Mage Bomb
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post

second:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nochanneling, @mouseover, harm, nodead][nochanneling] Mage Bomb

Sorry to be so vague, I was just showing the Arcane Barrage Macro as an example that I want my Mage Bomb to not cancel my Channeling and still be mouse over.

But in the end, The second macro you linked works perfectly. Thank you very much!

Hi, I've used the search feature, but I can't seem to come up with the right keywords... Is there a way to script a macro to toggle the display of unit names (player and NPC, but not the "V" key nameplates) and possibly the combat numbers of all but my own? During a raid it's a mess of NPC and player names clogging up everything! It seems too clunky to have to change that in the menus each time...

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    Hi, I've used the search feature, but I can't seem to come up with the right keywords... Is there a way to script a macro to toggle the display of unit names (player and NPC, but not the "V" key nameplates) and possibly the combat numbers of all but my own? During a raid it's a mess of NPC and player names clogging up everything! It seems too clunky to have to change that in the menus each time...
    not sure what you mean by "combat numbers" of other players but I took a guess...
    Code:
    /run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("nameplateShowFriends")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")

WTB shaman macro.

to purge or purify mouseover. if no mouseover then purge or purify the target.

i want to save keybinds by having purge and purify in one bind and priority on mouseover

ty ia

Pit Lord
    Code:
    /cast [exists, @mouseover, help] Purify, [exists, @mouseover] Purge, [exists, help] Purify, [exists] Purge
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: XFX Radeon HD 6990
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

Hi! thx for ur reply. I changed to the correct name purify spirit but it doesn't seem to work (dispel friendly). It's only working for purges.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna234 View Post
    Hi! thx for ur reply. I changed to the correct name purify spirit but it doesn't seem to work (dispel friendly). It's only working for purges.
    is your spec Resto?

yes resto shaman i can dispel friendly and enemy

There's probably a cleaner way to make it, but this is the one I use, and it works fine. Actually the one I use has both specs in it, so if I'm Ele I can use the same macro for Purge/Cleanse Spirit, but this is the Resto only version.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] Purge; [@mouseover, help, nodead] Purify Spirit; [harm] Purge; Purify Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    not sure what you mean by "combat numbers" of other players but I took a guess...
    Code:
    /run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("nameplateShowFriends")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")
    Thanks Pnut! So this will toggle the display of unit names on and off? Can you explain for the retarded (me) what each variable in this macro does, so I can understand better? Thank you SO much!
    Last edited by SylvanElf; 2013-10-08 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    Thanks Pnut! So this will toggle the display of unit names on and off? Can you explain for the retarded (me) what each variable in this macro does, so I can understand better? Thank you SO much!
    UnitNameOwn: whether your own name is displayed above your head in the world
    UnitNameNPC: whether NPC names are displayed above their heads in the world
    nameplateShowFriends: whether nameplates are displayed for friendly units
    fctFriendlyHealers: whether floating combat text for heals on you shows the name of the person who healed you
    fctSpellMechanicsOther: whether you see floating combat text when other people do things like snare an enemy