Macro for Havoc Demon Hunter

Im looking for Macro's for my Havoc Demon Hunter? I have been looking online and haven't found hardly anything. It was suggested by my guild that I get a set of Macro's for raiding but I do not know how even make a Marco. Any help is great appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    is it possible to have a macro "announce" the current cooldown time left on an ability? similar to overwatch or heroes of the storm, if i alt click on an on-cooldown ability, i want it to say in party chat "Consume Magic up in 7 Seconds!" or something like that.
    I'll be honest with you, I don't know how to make /run only work on alt clicks, so I'll leave that one for someone else. I'm definitely no LUA magician, so perhaps someone can improve on this one, but this macro will announce the cooldown on your chosen spell:

Code:
    /run local spell="Sprint";local start,duration=GetSpellCooldown(spell);local dur=(start + duration)-GetTime(); if dur<0 then dur=0 end; SendChatMessage(""..spell.." up in "..math.floor(dur).." seconds!","PARTY",nil,spell,dur)
    You change spell="Sprint" to the name of whatever spell you want to track. spell="Evasion" for example. Bear in mind that I don't believe this macro will work with if the spell you're tracking has charges.

Quote Originally Posted by KratosEU View Post
    So as a brewmaster monk I have a Black Ox Statue that I can taunt for AoE aggro. I would like a provoke macro that Targets the Black Ox Statue, cast Provoke and then target the last target. When I hold Shift and press my taunt button I want it to taunt my current target.

Problem I have now is I don't know how to do the Shift Part but I do know how to do the Target Black Ox Statue -> Taunt -> Target Last Target, however when I dont have a Black Ox Statue and just want to taunt my current target, it deselects my current target
    #showtooltip Provoke
    /cast [mod:shift] Provoke
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /tar Black Ox Statue
    /cast Provoke
    /tarlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by breeze1963 View Post
    Im looking for Macro's for my Havoc Demon Hunter? I have been looking online and haven't found hardly anything. It was suggested by my guild that I get a set of Macro's for raiding but I do not know how even make a Marco. Any help is great appreciated. Thank you
    You'll have to be more specific about what sort of macros you're looking for, what you want them to do, etc. "Demon Hunter macros" doesn't really mean anything, certainly not to someone who doesn't play them (like me) who could otherwise help.

I wanna show class icons as portraits, except on my own portrait. Atm im using this macro

UFP="UnitFramePortrait_Update" UICC="Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-Classes-Circles" CIT=CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS UC=UnitClass
    hooksecurefunc(UFP,function(self) if self.portrait then t=CIT[select(2,UC(self.unit))] if t and UnitIsPlayer(self.unit) then self.portrait:SetTexture(UICC) self.portrait:SetTexCoord(unpack(t)) else self.portrait:SetTexCoord(0,1,0,1) end end end)
    Do anyone know how to do it? I know i need to add
    if self.unit == "player" or self.unit == "pet" then return end
    To the second macro somehow, but im not sure how i can do that and stay within the 255 character limit

Hello Guys,

i have a request for two macros and i hope you all can help me.
    The first one is a macro for interrupting my target.

Something like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Interrupt, when it's not on CD AND the enemy spell is kickable
    Is that possible?

The second one is more important for me and i have no clue why i can get it working.

I have a Sigl of Flames on my E Button. Sigl of Silence is somewhere at my Actionbars. I want an Alt modifer macro for these two Sigls.
    No mod: Sigl of Flames
    Alt + E: Sigl of Silence.

i created several macros with alt modifiers and everyone is working fine, exept this one.
    Anyone have a clue why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ventah View Post
    *Snip*
    Im pretty sure the first macro you want is impossible.
    Im new to macros and LUA in-general, but this requiers 2 "if statements" which you cant use in a cast macro, not as far i know anyways.

As for the second macro, here:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] Sigl of Silence; Sigl of Flames
    You can change the mod with shift or ctrl if you want.
    The first spell is used when holding down alt, the second spell is used when just pressing the button.
    Last edited by Tueland; 2017-06-07 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventah View Post
    No mod: Sigl of Flames
    Alt + E: Sigl of Silence.
    Do you have something already assigned to alt + E in the keybinds? That is a very common issue when people use modifiers in macros and they don't work.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Thanks Kanegasi and Tueland

i'll check my Keybindings if Alt+E is allready assignd to something.

The macro should work, i'va thought of something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tueland View Post
    *Snip*
    I managed to get it to work, by combining the two macros i linked with a macro i found here by Treeston.

I cant get it to work without using 3 macros tho, one execute macro, and the two containing the script itself.

Code:
    /run for _,v in ipairs({"ClassPortrait1", "ClassPortrait2"}) do RunScript(GetMacroBody(v)) end;
    Code:
    UFP="UnitFramePortrait_Update" UICC="Interface\\TargetingFrame\\UI-Classes-Circles" CIT=CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS UC=UnitClass
    Code:
    hooksecurefunc(UFP,function(s) if s.unit == "player" then return end; local a,t=s.portrait if a then t=CIT[({UnitClass(s.unit)})[2]] if t and UnitIsPlayer(s.unit) then a:SetTexture(UICC) a:SetTexCoord(unpack(t)) else a:SetTexCoord(0,1,0,1) end end end)

The first macro you can name whatever you want, i just called mine "exec". The second macro you HAVE to call ClassPortrait1 and the third ClassPortrait2.

Then you just drag the first macro to your actionbar and press it once, it will run the other two other macros
    Last edited by Tueland; 2017-06-08 at 11:51 AM.

Hi guys,

just wondering if you can help me. So I'm using a mouse over macro for my DH's throw glaive ability to maximize DPS while playing Bloodlet. I sometimes have problems to locate my mouse on the screen (playing on a ultra wide screen) so I switched back...

Is there a possibility to use Throw Glaive on my current selected target as long as the mouse is not located / pointing on a target and bind it on the same button?

Quote Originally Posted by Silla View Post
    *Snip*
    This should work
    Code:
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, nodead] SPELLNAME; [target=target] SPELLNAME

10+ Year Old Account
    This should work
    Code:
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, nodead] SPELLNAME; [target=target] SPELLNAME
    You can't have space in your conditionals, the game doesn't recognize " exists" or " nodead". And the second part is just redundant, it should look like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists,nodead]SPELLNAME;SPELLNAME

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You can't have space in your conditionals, the game doesn't recognize " exists" or " nodead". And the second part is just redundant, it should look like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,exists,nodead]SPELLNAME;SPELLNAME
    Thats wierd, worked with moonfire when i tested it just now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats wierd, worked with moonfire when i tested it just now.
    The
    Code:
    [target=target] SPELLNAME
    part of the macro you linked does the same as "exists" does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The
    Code:
    [target=target] SPELLNAME
    part of the macro you linked does the same as "exists" does.
    Yeah i know that the [target=target] part was redundent, sort of spaced out, but you can have spaces in conditionals, its just a waste of characters. Im new to lua and the entire macro thing. But the macro i linked works just fine, even tho it got some redundent parts
    Last edited by Tueland; 2017-06-14 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Looking for a macro that does the following:

No modifier > pummel my main target
    If i press ALT and have a focus target > pummel focus target
    If i have a target, but also a mouseover target > pummel mouseover target

Can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Looking for a macro that does the following:

No modifier > pummel my main target
    If i press ALT and have a focus target > pummel focus target
    If i have a target, but also a mouseover target > pummel mouseover target

Can it be done?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt,@focus][@mouseover][] Pummel

Did you literally mean to only use mouseover if you have a target and mouseover? Like, if you have no target, do not pummel any mouseovers? I'm not quite sure how to do that, but the above code fulfills your request. Alt will pummel focus, mouseover will be pummeled, and if no alt or mouseover, pummel works normally with a target.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt,@focus][@mouseover][] Pummel

Did you literally mean to only use mouseover if you have a target and mouseover? Like, if you have no target, do not pummel any mouseovers? I'm not quite sure how to do that, but the above code fulfills your request. Alt will pummel focus, mouseover will be pummeled, and if no alt or mouseover, pummel works normally with a target.
    Thanks! It does exactly what i asked for! <3

Does anyone know the macro to call the war Mammoth and eject both vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by SinanDira View Post
    Does anyone know the macro to call the war Mammoth and eject both vendors?
    /cast Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
    /run EjectPassengerFromSeat(1)
    /run EjectPassengerFromSeat(2)

Replace the tundra mammoth with the name of whatever mount you want to summon instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember at one point there being zone specific macros, but how about continent specific. I occasionally go back to Draenor and get tired of the extra action button for the garrison ability being in my face until i put it on a bar. Anyway to macro along with the Combat Ally ability tied to Broken Isles, so as depending on which continent I'm on, the correct ability is showing?