1. #1061
    im looking to add a condition to my fishing macro to dismount me if im mounted any ideas been playing around for a while with it and doesnt work

  2. #1062
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by glovhizzle View Post
    im looking to add a condition to my fishing macro to dismount me if im mounted any ideas been playing around for a while with it and doesnt work
    I´m not very good with macro's but wouldn´t a simple

    #showtooltip Fishing
    /dismount
    /cast Fishing
    work? If not then sorry to waste your time and gl

    Edit: I´m not sure if the actual fishing ability is called 'Fishing'

  3. #1063
    I suspect this is not an acceptable macro function.... but you can use channeling condition to make it so that it will not cast another spell if your currently channeling something...

    well down that road, if I have a target dotted, any condition term for the target having a certain debuff, like a dot?

  4. #1064
    Bloodsail Admiral Nume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Area Tech, Watertown, SD
    Posts
    1,034
    Hmm my fishing macro just dismounts me automatically :P. It is basically:
    /equipset Fishing (the name of my equipment set with my pole)
    /cast Fishing.
    The first press will equip the pole and give an error saying you need to have pull out (dont know how to suppress errors, but I dont really care). 2nd press dismounts me and casts the fishing.

  5. #1065
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I´m not very good with macro's but wouldn´t a simple

    Edit: I´m not sure if the actual fishing ability is called 'Fishing'
    ive got a string of conditions on this macro o mine and i just wanted to add in a dismount if i was mount to my [mod: shift] condition
    also i was wondering about a macro that would say in party ready or if i push shift say mana with the oom emote?

  6. #1066
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help]Cleanse;Cleanse
    Doesn't seem to work on mouseover, it just casts it on myself. It works for other healing spells just not on cleanse

  7. #1067
    Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help]Cleanse;Cleanse
    Doesn't seem to work on mouseover, it just casts it on myself. It works for other healing spells just not on cleanse
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Cleanse; Cleanse
    Help implies exists. It may not have worked because you were trying to use it on a magic effect? I'm not the best with macros but that's my best guess. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

  8. #1068
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Cleanse; Cleanse
    Help implies exists. It may not have worked because you were trying to use it on a magic effect? I'm not the best with macros but that's my best guess. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    It's even easier than that:

    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help][]Cleanse
    And can even replace "/cast" with "/use" if you were desperate for characters ;p

    But yes, there is nothing wrong with the original macro. It should work.

  9. #1069
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    I suspect this is not an acceptable macro function.... but you can use channeling condition to make it so that it will not cast another spell if your currently channeling something...

    well down that road, if I have a target dotted, any condition term for the target having a certain debuff, like a dot?
    Nope, there's none for that.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

  10. #1070
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,help] Cleanse; Cleanse
    Help implies exists. It may not have worked because you were trying to use it on a magic effect? I'm not the best with macros but that's my best guess. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    It's even easier than that:

    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help][]Cleanse
    And can even replace "/cast" with "/use" if you were desperate for characters ;p

    But yes, there is nothing wrong with the original macro. It should work.
    I'll try both these suggestions later. Should they also work on people who have no disease or magic affect on them?

  11. #1071
    Scarab Lord Taryble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,038
    Yeah, they'll work on people who have no disease/magic debuff on them. They don't check for anything, they just specify who to cast the spell on (and to only do it if the mouseover is a friendly unit).
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

  12. #1072
    Dispels now will fire off whether or not there is anything to actually dispel.

    Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

  13. #1073
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    At home, most likely
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Device View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Cleanse
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help]Cleanse;Cleanse
    Doesn't seem to work on mouseover, it just casts it on myself. It works for other healing spells just not on cleanse
    Mouse buttons such as mouse button 4 or 5 does not work on mouseover abilities.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 10:32 AM ----------

    Right this one is really complicated, atleast for me anyways, I suck at theese things
    I'm looking for a macro which will skull bash (bear form) when I'm in bear form and cast the cat version when I'm in cat form, then if shift is held it will do the same but on my focus target - This is what I came up with myself, though the focus part doesn't seem to be working.

    #showtooltip [stance:1] Skull Bash; Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    /cast [nostance:1/3] Bear Form; [stance:1] Enrage
    /cast [stance:1,mod:shift,target=focus] [stance:1] Skull Bash; [mod:shift,target=focus] [] Skull Bash(Cat Form)

  14. #1074
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    Right this one is really complicated, atleast for me anyways, I suck at theese things.
    This should do it.

    #showtooltip [form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);Skull Bash
    /cast [noform:1/3]Bear Form;[form:1]Enrage
    /cast [@focus,mod:shift,form:1][form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);[@focus,mod:shift][]Skull Bash

    Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

  15. #1075
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    92
    Thank you for your answer, Skinnypete!
    However, your macro doesn't work
    It does a misdirection and then on the second click errors Ability is not ready yet.
    On a sidenote, even tho I have (square)Showtooltip on the first line the icon remains a questionmark.

    I tried switching semi-colon with a comma which will fire a invalid target the first press and lock to that.
    The icon remains a questionmark as well.

    PS: sorry that I haven't quoted or made in easily readable, apparently (at), semi-colons etc are all treated as links which I'm not allowed to post :z

  16. #1076
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    LF help with a Hunter Macro.

    What should it do?:
    1. Cast Misdirection at my focus if I have one, otherwise on my pet.
    2. After MD i want it to cast Hunter's mark on my target.
    3. Lastly I want it to reset every time Misdirection is off Cooldown. (or after combat if possible)


    I'm no expert at macro's, some help would be greatly appreciated
    I do not think you can make a macro command that would do all that with a single keypress or even a reliable spammable one.

    You could try,

    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,help,nodead][mod:shift,@pet] Misdirection; Hunter's Mark
    Then replace whatever button you use for pulling with the above macro. When you press shift, if you have a friendly focus target it will misdirect to it, misdirecting to your pet if you don't. If shift is not held down it casts Hunter's Mark as normal.

    You can change the modifier to whatever else you prefer: "mod:ctrl" or "mod:alt" or just plain "mod" for any modifier.
    Last edited by squeeze; 2011-01-22 at 02:56 PM.

  17. #1077
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    LF help with a Hunter Macro.

    What should it do?:
    1. Cast Misdirection at my focus if I have one, otherwise on my pet.
    2. After MD i want it to cast Hunter's mark on my target.
    3. Lastly I want it to reset every time Misdirection is off Cooldown. (or after combat if possible)


    I'm no expert at macro's, some help would be greatly appreciated
    You can't sequence spells onto different targets without modifiers. The misdirection part is fine but the Hunter's Mark part should either be a separate keybind or have a modifier button.

    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt]Hunter's Mark;[@focus,help,nodead][@pet,nodead]Misdirection
    Or if you're more of a clicker and want to have Hunter's Mark on rightclick.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [btn:2]Hunter's Mark;[@focus,help,nodead][@pet,nodead]Misdirection

    Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

  18. #1078
    hey i want to make a macro that uses Will of the forsaken if it is off cooldown and usable, but if it is on cooldown or not usable i use my trinket.
    any help?

  19. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by distiho View Post
    hey i want to make a macro that uses Will of the forsaken if it is off cooldown and usable, but if it is on cooldown or not usable i use my trinket.
    any help?
    Pretty sure that's not possible.

  20. #1080
    awwww ok thanks though =(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •