Im trying to get a macro that will shapeshift me from boomkin to flight form or from flight form to boomkin, depending on which form I am currently in. If possible I would like to be able to have that in one macro so i can bind it to a key and not have to try and click the tiny box every time >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zinchi View Post
    Ive looked around a bit and cant seem to find anything helpful really so i figured id try here and any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to create a macro that will cast scatter shot at a target but if they are to far to be scattered to instead use wyvern sting. Thanks in advance
    Can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Im trying to get a macro that will shapeshift me from boomkin to flight form or from flight form to boomkin, depending on which form I am currently in. If possible I would like to be able to have that in one macro so i can bind it to a key and not have to try and click the tiny box every time >.<
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:6] Moonkin Form; [form:5][] Swift Flight Form

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Thanks Mordret!

I'm looking to make a macro that will help with mass amounts of pickpocketing... basically I want it to swap from my current target to the nearest hostile that hasn't been pickpocketed yet. Not sure if there's a way to do that but thanks in advance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] Unleash Elements
    I'm using this one and it works well.
    Hmm.. The macro I had was similar, apart from the [] - any explanation as to what that does?

Deleted
    Empty conditional, means cast without any specific options.

Talking Targeting closest friendly unit in macro

Hello, Im trying to get some more functionality out of my [Intervene] ability. I would like to make a macro that will target my closest Friendly target, like a shift-tab. Im really interested in using the macro purely for the mobility and not worrying about selecting someone and checking to see if they are close would be very nice. I suspect the macro would look like this

/target[friendly] (or something like that??? this line is supposed to be equivalent to the shift-tab)
    /cast Intervene

please any help you can offer would be great!

also, if there is some big book or wow macro mechanics and commands please let me know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidin View Post
    Hello, Im trying to get some more functionality out of my [Intervene] ability. I would like to make a macro that will target my closest Friendly target, like a shift-tab. Im really interested in using the macro purely for the mobility and not worrying about selecting someone and checking to see if they are close would be very nice. I suspect the macro would look like this

/target[friendly] (or something like that??? this line is supposed to be equivalent to the shift-tab)
    /cast Intervene

please any help you can offer would be great!

also, if there is some big book or wow macro mechanics and commands please let me know...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetfriend [nohelp][dead]
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] Intervene
    The problem with this is that it isn't always that fast, believe it or not, at least not with targets at max range. Also, I suspect that if it acts anything like "/targetenemy", it will only find targets in a 90 degree cone in front of your character. In general, its easier just to mouseover any friendly target running around and press the button. That's why I made it a mouseover macro. That should only have the requirement that the target is in front of you.

there was a link to a site where you could type in a macro and it would tell you what the macro would do and i lost it and cannot find it in all this crap, if you know what it was please help me !!! thanks!

also i have a warrior macro that will charge from out of combat then switch to zerker and intercept. i need to find out if i can get back into battlestance again with the same macro or at least have another macro that will use something that requires berserker and then switch me back to battle.

Thank you for the Macro! And i totally understand your point about the targeting 90degree in front thing. I really don't mind so much to be honest... Intervene's range is fairly limited anyways so my first choice wouldn't be someone at max range or even more then 15 yards from me. Also, if it works like I hope then its completely spam able while im tanking since the intervene wont go though unless it actually acquires a target for me to intervene.

Anyways ill check this macro out as soon as i get home. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by dkomposer View Post
    there was a link to a site where you could type in a macro and it would tell you what the macro would do and i lost it and cannot find it in all this crap, if you know what it was please help me !!! thanks!
    Macro Explain-o-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there. After an embarasing wipe on Halfus after our rogue didnt repair when I dropped my Jeeves, I am looking to make a macro that will but a {triangle} over top of it. So far I have:

/use Jeeves
    /y JEEVES IS OUT. REPAIR NOW.
    (Part I dont have for the Icon.)
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naus View Post
    Hey there. After an embarasing wipe on Halfus after our rogue didnt repair when I dropped my Jeeves, I am looking to make a macro that will but a {triangle} over top of it. So far I have:

/use Jeeves
    (Part I dont have for the Icon.)
    Untested:
    Code:
    /use Jeeves
    /run SetRaidTarget("Jeeves",2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Disengage/trap marco
    and launch trap one click macro

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    Disengage/trap marco
    and launch trap one click macro
    /cast Trap
    /cast Disengage

If Trap in on the GCD do /castsequence Trap, Disengage

#2 isn't possible iirc.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:alt]Moonfire; Lifebloom

I have that atm, I want to make it so that Alt+Key will detect if target is friendly, then cast Moonfire on ToT and still have Key cast Lifebloom

Kind of combining this and this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm] Moonfire; [target=targettarget] Moonfire

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzcend View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:alt]Moonfire; Lifebloom

I have that atm, I want to make it so that Alt+Key will detect if target is friendly, then cast Moonfire on ToT and still have Key cast Lifebloom

Kind of combining this and this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [harm] Moonfire; [target=targettarget] Moonfire

Thanks!
    Try,

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@targettarget,harm][harm] Moonfire; Lifebloom

That's VERY close but not quite what I want. Everything is good except the fact that If I target an enemy and press my key (no alt), it casts Moonfire, but I want it to cast Lifebloom on myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranzcend View Post
    That's VERY close but not quite what I want. Everything is good except the fact that If I target an enemy and press my key (no alt), it casts Moonfire, but I want it to cast Lifebloom on myself
    Oh, then in that case,

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@targettarget,harm] Moonfire; [help][@player] Lifebloom
    I'm assuming you still want to be able to Lifebloom others - otherwise just remove [help].
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-28 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Yeah, you need the Alt for full flexiblity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Untested:
    Code:
    /use Jeeves
    /run SetRaidTarget("Jeeves",2)
    Tested and it does not set a triangle over top.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury