Deleted
    get an addon that will add the /in command to your macro, i use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SlashInin.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kadas View Post
    Hi there - I'm trying to interrupt my focus target, announce that I have done so, and then target my previous target:

/showtooltip
    /aftercast /s -> Kadas kicked"..%t.."in the face! <-
    /cast [target=focus] Rebuke
    /targetlasttarget

First (obvious) question: is the above correct?
    Second: Is there a way to only announce if the interrupt actually successfully interrupted a spell instead of if it is successfully cast?
    I suck at this and greatly appreciate any help
    Stole this:

/run s = UnitCastingInfo("target");
    /cast Rebuke;
    /run c = GetSpellCooldown("Rebukel"); if c == 0 then if s then SendChatMessage("Kicked %t's ".. s, "say"); else SendChatMessage("Missed", "say");end;end;

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wericia, that does the same thing as what he has (he's using the AfterCast addon to announce only if the spell is CAST successfully).

What he wants is for it to only announce if his focus' spell is successfully interrupted..

Kadas, I'd suggest, perhaps, using Raeli's Spell Announcer. Macros can't look for "SPELL_INTERRUPT_SUCCESSFUL" events - it requires an addon to do that.

Deleted
    I am using a macro which uses Dark Command (taunt) on my focus targets in my main attacks in order to keep focus player in combat, however thing I don't like, is when I am raiding I pretty much have to erase the Dark Command part of the macro. I hope there is something I could do to add condition to the Dark Command part, like [arena], [enemyplayer] etc., but I don't have enough knownledge.

#showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Blood Strike; Scourge Strike
    /cast [@focus] Dark Command
    /startattack [@target, exists]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

I was wondering if its possible to make a macro for a hunter that casts MD on focus but if I don't have a focus it casts it on my pet. Ty in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    I was wondering if its possible to make a macro for a hunter that casts MD on focus but if I don't have a focus it casts it on my pet. Ty in advance!
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists, help] [@pet] Misdirection

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    I am using a macro which uses Dark Command (taunt) on my focus targets in my main attacks in order to keep focus player in combat, however thing I don't like, is when I am raiding I pretty much have to erase the Dark Command part of the macro. I hope there is something I could do to add condition to the Dark Command part, like [arena], [enemyplayer] etc., but I don't have enough knownledge.

#showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Blood Strike; Scourge Strike
    /cast [@focus] Dark Command
    /startattack [@target, exists]
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    add [nogroup:raid] in front of dark command, or chain it with the @focus like this:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, nogroup:raid] Dark Command

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    add [nogroup:raid] in front of dark command, or chain it with the @focus like this:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, nogroup:raid] Dark Command
    Thanks, but I suppose there is no command like that which checks if the target is player?

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
    Thanks, but I suppose there is no command like that which checks if the target is player?
    There is no such conditionals that I am aware of, or listed in http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Conditionals

If this is about 2v2 arenas and you have a partner who you usually cooperate these things with, you can use arena# as valid unitIDs for the @ target command, like this:
    Code:
    /cast [@arena1,nodead] Dark Command
    (see http://www.wowpedia.org/UnitId for details)
    And have your partner deal with the other opposing team member.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadas View Post
    Hi there - I'm trying to interrupt my focus target, announce that I have done so, and then target my previous target:

/showtooltip
    /aftercast /s -> Kadas kicked"..%t.."in the face! <-
    /cast [target=focus] Rebuke
    /targetlasttarget

First (obvious) question: is the above correct?
    Second: Is there a way to only announce if the interrupt actually successfully interrupted a spell instead of if it is successfully cast?
    I suck at this and greatly appreciate any help
    First, You don't need targetlast when you do /cast [@focus] Rebuke. In fact, having that in there is breaking your macro.
    /showtooltip is wrong (#showtooltip is correct)
    /aftercast is not a standard macro command, comes from an addon?

Someone else said it before me, but get RSA (spell announcer)

Your macro would then just be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists][harm] Rebuke
    You can still use this macro on current target if you have no focus set.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    was trying to get a macro to cast Raise Dead and then Death Pact on the second click without using a modifier.

#showtooltip
    /cast !raise dead
    /cast death pact

didnt work for some reason. idk if it has anything to do with GCD.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    was trying to get a macro to cast Raise Dead and then Death Pact on the second click without using a modifier.
    Try this instead.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nopet]Raise Dead;Death Pact

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    What I use for my DK is the following:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [equipped:Fishing Pole]Fishing
    /stopmacro [equipped:Fishing Pole]
    /castsequence reset=60 Raise Dead, Death Pact
    Go ahead and remove the two fishing lines if you don't need them.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 09:43 AM ----------

lawomous, for non-unholy DKs the ghoul isn't classified as a pet, but as a guardian.

Deleted
    /castsequence reset=XXX raise dead, death pact (for frost and blood)
    /cast [nopet] raise dead; death pact (for unholy)

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    What I use for my DK is the following:

Go ahead and remove the two fishing lines if you don't need them.[COLOR="red"]
    Not to criticise, I love this fishing pole condition, but I use it along with my interrupt macro, as it's bound to the thumb button on mouse. This allows me to fish one handed :P

Deleted
    Just remove it then :P

I'm trying to use a cast sequence macro to change targets using Soul Swap as an Affliction Warlock. The cast sequence portion is working exactly as I expected and wanted, but the pet control line is causing bad behavior.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=20 Soul Swap, Curse of the Elements, Haunt, Soul Swap Exhale
    /petattack

The problem is that each time I press the macro for the next spell in line my pet runs back to me and then to the target. I'm wondering if theres anything I can do to make my pet attack the target of the sequence without returning to me every time I press the macro before going to the target again. Just tried it as "/petattack [@playertarget]" but it behaved in exactly the same way as "/petattack". I have also tried it as "/!petattack" in case it was a toggle like Rune Strike used to be, but that didn't work either.

I even asked a long time Hunter and he's had the same issue with /castsequence macros. Apparently the /petattack command causes problems when spammed, but I don't know how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconys View Post
    I'm trying to use a cast sequence macro to change targets using Soul Swap as an Affliction Warlock. The cast sequence portion is working exactly as I expected and wanted, but the pet control line is causing bad behavior.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=20 Soul Swap, Curse of the Elements, Haunt, Soul Swap Exhale
    /petattack

The problem is that each time I press the macro for the next spell in line my pet runs back to me and then to the target. I'm wondering if theres anything I can do to make my pet attack the target of the sequence without returning to me every time I press the macro before going to the target again. Just tried it as "/petattack [@playertarget]" but it behaved in exactly the same way as "/petattack". I have also tried it as "/!petattack" in case it was a toggle like Rune Strike used to be, but that didn't work either.

I even asked a long time Hunter and he's had the same issue with /castsequence macros. Apparently the /petattack command causes problems when spammed, but I don't know how to fix it.
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [@pettarget, exists]
    /petattack

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok I have my two macros for my self buffs.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=9 Seal of Righteousness, Blessing of Kings, Righteous Fury
    &
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=9 Seal of Truth, Blessing of Kings, Righteous Fury
    Now what I would like is within each of them to be able to shift modifier between Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might. Also if it possible to make both macros into one by shift modifying the seals that would be amazing also. I tried a few variations but couldn't get it to work like I was wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Now what I would like is within each of them to be able to shift modifier between Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might. Also if it possible to make both macros into one by shift modifying the seals that would be amazing also. I tried a few variations but couldn't get it to work like I was wanting.
    Depending on how you want to assign the shifted buff and non-shifted...
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:shift] reset=9 Seal of Righteousness, Blessing of Kings, Righteous Fury; reset=9 Seal of Truth, Blessing of Might, Righteous Fury
    As you can figure from this example, you have to chain the entire sequence based on the modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [@pettarget, exists]
    /petattack
    No good. I tried it with [@pettarget, exists] as well as [@playertarget, exists] and the pet failed to move to the new target. The idea is to have a one button target swap using the Soul Swap ability which copies your dots from one target so you can paste them onto another.