Soo i kinda need help with this macro...

I'd like to whisper only online guildy's but the macro i've "made" tries to whisper offline guildmembers as well...

Code:
     /script n=GetNumGuildMembers(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetGuildRosterInfo(i); SendChatMessage("test","WHISPER",nil,c); end; i=i+1; end;

i was thinking of

Code:
     /script n=GetNumGuildMembers(); i=1; while(i<n+1) do c,g=GetGuildRosterInfo(i); if online == 1 then SendChatMessage("test","WHISPER",nil,c); end; i=i+1; end;
    but for if i try to do it like this he just won't do anything .

Cheers

PS :
    Also had this :
    Code:
     /run for i=1,GetNumGuildMembers(true) do local name,_,_,_,_,zone_,_,online = GetGuildRosterInfo(i); SendChatMessage("Yoooo "..name..".. What are you doing in "..zone.."?","WHISPER",nil ,name) ; end
    result = same

Deleted
    Code:
    /run for i=1, GetNumGuildMembers(true) do local n,_,_,_,_,z,_,_,o=GetGuildRosterInfo(i) if o then SendChatMessage("Yoooo "..n..".. What are you doing in "..z.."?","WHISPER",nil ,n) end end
    Though I don't quite see the use in such a macro. What's the use in asking somebody what he's doing if you don't really care about what he's doing.

On my shaman i'm using a very basic macro of

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=7 lavaburst, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt

However sometimes in combat it locks up and won't go back to lavaburst (usually when i'm spamming it) is there a way to stop this from happening?
    Last edited by Angrus; 2011-05-04 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    On my shaman i'm using a very basic macro of

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=7 lavaburst, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt

However sometimes in combat it locks up and won't go back to lavaburst (usually when i'm spamming it) is there a way to stop this from happening?
    Reset on castsequnce is time after the last click, so if you spam (all the time) it should cycle just fine, however if you cast LvB,LB,LB you will still have to wait 7 seconds for reset.

(just curious, is it macro for ele or resto?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

hmm i see, it's for ele. so there's no way to fix that or write a superior macro?

Deleted
    hmm i see, it's for ele. so there's no way to fix that or write a superior macro?
    Nope, can't write macros that play the game for you.

This can play the Ele rotation for you fairly decently:

/castsequence reset=5 Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Chain Lightning
    /castsequence reset=9 Elemental Mastery,14,Berserking,Lifeblood
    /castsequence reset=9 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

@lawomous
    Well, it may work, but UE without movment and Earth Shock without Fulmination is quite much a dps loss.

Well, first of all you shouldn't use it because of Lava Surge (resets cooldown on LvB).
    Second, nope, there is no option to write better macro.
    Last edited by Mordret; 2011-05-04 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

helpful response there grifter, but my question was about macro mechanics not having one button that 'plays the game for me'.

this was just for pvp not raiding so just wanted the two spells in one macro to free up a keybind but it's all good i'll just keep them seperately binded. thanks for the detailed replies though :~)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    What OS are you using? I believe I read something about a known issue with 4.1.
    I'm on a Mac running with OS X 10.6.7.

I also tested it today, and it seems to be an issue with my mouse. I can set the keys on my keyboard to bindings with modifiers, and I can use my number pad on my keyboard with modifiers, but if I try to use modifiers with the mouse's button grid, it won't work.
    Last edited by Gribs; 2011-05-04 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Known issue with Macs and 4.1, as far as I'm aware.

A quick macro question that I hope someone will answer.

What would the macro be to target whatever (Valiona for example) with left button and target, say Theralion, with the right button of my mouse?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    A quick macro question that I hope someone will answer.

What would the macro be to target whatever (Valiona for example) with left button and target, say Theralion, with the right button of my mouse?
    something like this:

Code:
    /target [btn:1] Valiona; [btn:2] Theralion
    /cast something

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not sure if this has been asked yet, but with the change to allow downstroke macros by default, is it possible to have a macro that does one thing on the down stroke and another on the up stroke?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    Reset on castsequnce is time after the last click, so if you spam (all the time) it should cycle just fine, however if you cast LvB,LB,LB you will still have to wait 7 seconds for reset.

(just curious, is it macro for ele or resto?)
    With a macro as this, to manually reset it; you just add a button modifier to the beginning to reset when that button is pushed.
    So /castsequence reset=[ect]X spell, spell, spell..........
    Ect is the modifier you wish to use and the X is the time you want it to reset, aswell adding /combat will reset when entering combat aswell.
    Remember what you heard, when you weren't even listening

Deleted
    /cast [target=focus] Cyclone
    /cast [target=focus, modifier:shift] Entangling Roots
    /cast [target=focus, modifier:ctrl] Hibernate

some how this seems to not work for me -.- it ALLWAYS makes me cast cyclone ;(((
    i have bound - unbound - rebound the key "R" i want to use for it - so it isn't used by some other bind ... any suggestions ?!

Deleted
    haha, it works! thank you! : ) made my evening.

I don't know if it's been asked yet but I was wondering if there is a macro that would allow me to use growl on my current target, then when I press a modifier key, it would use growl on my focus targets target.

Maybe something like:
    #showtooltip growl
    /cast growl [modifier=shift, target=focustargettarget]

Prettys sure that's no where near what it's supposed to be but I'm not very god with creating macros that complicated, well complicated to me anyways.

Thanks.
    If I ever start to care about nerd raging just shoot me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaetarand View Post
    I don't know if it's been asked yet but I was wondering if there is a macro that would allow me to use growl on my current target, then when I press a modifier key, it would use growl on my focus targets target.
    Almost got it, try this:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focustarget][]Growl

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaetarand View Post
    maybe I sound stupid, but who is your focus targets target? if the focus is the boss, wouldn't that be you or another friendly player?