Quote Originally Posted by Tmannen View Post
    LF help with a Hunter Macro.

What should it do?:
    1. Cast Misdirection at my focus if I have one, otherwise on my pet.
    2. After MD i want it to cast Hunter's mark on my target.
    3. Lastly I want it to reset every time Misdirection is off Cooldown. (or after combat if possible)

I'm no expert at macro's, some help would be greatly appreciated
    You can't sequence spells onto different targets without modifiers. The misdirection part is fine but the Hunter's Mark part should either be a separate keybind or have a modifier button.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt]Hunter's Mark;[@focus,help,nodead][@pet,nodead]Misdirection
    Or if you're more of a clicker and want to have Hunter's Mark on rightclick.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [btn:2]Hunter's Mark;[@focus,help,nodead][@pet,nodead]Misdirection

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

hey i want to make a macro that uses Will of the forsaken if it is off cooldown and usable, but if it is on cooldown or not usable i use my trinket.
    any help?

Quote Originally Posted by distiho View Post
    hey i want to make a macro that uses Will of the forsaken if it is off cooldown and usable, but if it is on cooldown or not usable i use my trinket.
    any help?
    Pretty sure that's not possible.

awwww ok thanks though =(

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=120 Will of the Forsaken, Your trinket name

Looking for a simple sounding macro, but I can't get it working right for the life of me.
    I want it to: Use flying mount if possible; if not, use Abyssal Seahorse (only in the Vashj'ir areas); if neither, use ground mount.

Edit: Maybe use it so only pressing Control while I press the keybind to dismount so I don't accidentally dismount.
    Last edited by Doom Walker; 2011-01-23 at 10:55 AM.

Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [flyable]bird;[noflyable,noswimming]horse; Abyssal Seahorse
    edit: If that doesn't work you might need to use a script like people used for dalaran/wintegrasp mounting.
    Last edited by perera; 2011-01-23 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perera View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [flyable]bird;[noflyable,noswimming]horse; Abyssal Seahorse
    edit: If that doesn't work you might need to use a script like people used for dalaran/wintegrasp mounting.
    Seems to be working perfectly, I have to test it in Vashj'ir though.

Deleted
    I recommend using:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming, nomounted, nomod:ctrl]Abyssal Seahorse; [flyable, nomounted]bird; [nomounted]horse
    /dismount [mounted,flying,mod:ctrl][mounted,noflying]
    Allows mounting your usual flying mount from the water's surface using ctrl, and only dismounts if you hit ctrl while flying (will always dismount you on the ground).

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Walker View Post
    Seems to be working perfectly, I have to test it in Vashj'ir though.
    I just tried it, it doesn't work... this does though:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [flyable]Tawny Wind Rider
    /cast [swimming]Abyssal Seahorse;[noflyable]Swift Zulian Tiger

Deleted
    I need help incorporating Kill Command into my macros. The macro is as it follows:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /use 10
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Focus Fire
    /cast Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Any chance i can put Kill Command there?

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    I need help incorporating Kill Command into my macros. The macro is as it follows:

#showtooltip Steady Shot
    /use 10
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /cast Focus Fire
    /cast Steady Shot
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Any chance i can put Kill Command there?

Thanks in advance.
    Kill Command is on the GCD so the best you could do is add it as part of a /castsequence with Steady Shot or immediately after to attempt to queue it as part of spamming that key.

However, I highly recommend you don't do this. Kill Command uses 40% of your focus. You need your focus for Arcane Shot, Kill Shot and Serpent Sting. If you attempted to automatically Kill Command off CD in every situation, you would never have enough focus for multiple Kill Shot (mob less than 20%) or enough for Arcane Shot (unless your pet wasn't able to get on the target) and you may even be hard pressed to the refresh Serpent Sting dot in time.

It's a direct (significant) dps loss basically and screws up your focus regen anyway because you've macroed in an ability that uses most of your focus into the same button that regens focus for you.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-23 at 03:08 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [target] Soul Swap <---- Cast on main target
    /cast [target=focus] Soul Swap: Exhale <------ Cast on focus target

isn't working :C need some help

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That macro will only cast the first Soul Swap on your target. Here's the one I'd use:
    Code:
    @showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod, @target] Soul Swap; [@focus, exists] Soul Swap: Exhale
    IF you're pressing any modifier key (shift, alt, or ctrl) it'll cast Soul Swap on your target.
    If you're NOT pressing a modifier, it'll cast Soul Swap: Exhale on your focus target.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to get a little more control out of my Felguard for while I'm in Bgs and whatnot, I get sick of losing him after he goes chasing off some druid or shaman. Also I am trying to incorporate his biggest attack and my biggest attack into one easy to use smash. So what I've got so far on my macro is:

#showtooltip
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /castsequence reset=6 Hand of Gul'dan, Felstorm
    /petattack
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

It gets the job done but I get pretty trigger happy sometimes and I don't like the reset condition; how it goes off my last click. is there any way to get the cast sequence to stay as Felstorm for 12 sec (HoG CD) then switch back to HoG once I can actually cast it again, regardless of how many times I spam it?

basically I'm trying to set up a macro that is HoG when I can cast it, and Felstorm for the 12 sec when I can't cast HoG
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I'm trying to get a little more control out of my Felguard for while I'm in Bgs and whatnot, I get sick of losing him after he goes chasing off some druid or shaman. Also I am trying to incorporate his biggest attack and my biggest attack into one easy to use smash. So what I've got so far on my macro is:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Hand of Gul'dan, Felstorm
    /petattack

It gets the job done but I get pretty trigger happy sometimes and I don't like the reset condition; how it goes off my last click. is there any way to get the cast sequence to stay as Felstorm for 12 sec (HoG CD) then switch back to HoG once I can actually cast it again, regardless of how many times I spam it?

basically I'm trying to set up a macro that is HoG when I can cast it, and Felstorm for the 12 sec when I can't cast HoG
    I don't believe yours and your pet abilities are on the same GCD. Wouldn't this do what you want (assuming you're spamming it). Untested:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Felstorm
    /petattack

Quote Originally Posted by Xiar View Post
    I've been playing with some macros currently but I can't quite get it to work....

I'm trying to make one that will detect whether I'm in a party or a raid group. The purpose is to cast, say, Last Stand, and if I'm in a raid group, send "Last Stand active for 20 seconds!" or some similar message to the Raid chat. If I'm in a Party without Raid, to send that message to Party.

Currently I'm just using a primitive macro:

#showtooltip
    /yell Last Stand active for 20 seconds!
    /cast Last Stand
    However, this gets irritating because occasionally while doing dailies (Read: Kill Problim the Ettin or Tank the shark in Tol Barad), I have to cast some of my cooldowns, and it tends to get me yelled at in General chat because they don't really care if I've just activated Last Stand because I was about to get eaten by a shark. Is there any way to detect this and send the message properly?
    Anyone able to give me a hand with this at all? =\

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I don't believe yours and your pet abilities are on the same GCD. Wouldn't this do what you want (assuming you're spamming it). Untested:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hand of Gul'dan
    /cast Felstorm
    /petattack
    ya, the thing with that one though is the pet starts casting felstorm while running over, with a cast sequence it doesn't cast until after I've dropped HoG on the target, which is usually more than enough time to get over to them.

I played around with it myself, I don't think there's a way around the reset conditions, I lowered the reset timer to 3 sec, since HoG has a <2 sec cast with my haste and whatnot, then I can spam the HoG macro and since the condition is lower it'll reset before I hit it again, even if it is an accident, it won't be as detrimental as being locked off HoG for 12 sec.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

There's no reason to sequence Felstorm in with your own casts. Open with like an immolate so he runs in, then Hand of Gul'dan with the macro to Felstorm too.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I recommend using:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [swimming, nomounted, nomod:ctrl]Abyssal Seahorse; [flyable, nomounted]bird; [nomounted]horse
    /dismount [mounted,flying,mod:ctrl][mounted,noflying]
    Allows mounting your usual flying mount from the water's surface using ctrl, and only dismounts if you hit ctrl while flying (will always dismount you on the ground).
    This works, the only minor annoyance is that it doesn't show an icon while I'm on my flyer. Not sure about Seahorse/Ground.