Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1]Cat Form; Bear Form

thanks Treeston

Was wondering if i could get a macro that will cast Kitty swipe in cat form, and bear swipe in bear form.

Not really sure if it's possible and i suck at macro's :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Was wondering if i could get a macro that will cast Kitty swipe in cat form, and bear swipe in bear form.

Not really sure if it's possible and i suck at macro's :/
    I like this one
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack [form:1/3]
    /cast [form:1]Swipe(Bear Form);Swipe

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I like this one
    thanks what exactly does the /targetenemy thing do?

Pretty much tabs to new mobs for you since Bear Swipe annoyingly requires a target.

Just a habit I have it on almost all of my casters\melee dps abilities.

Just wanted to ask about the targeting bit in the swipe macro as well. Why do you put [help] and [dead] in there?

Deleted
    hi there fans of macroing

i wrote this macro that Feral Charges with no modifier and Skull Bashes with the shift modifier and while i have someone in the focus target, it will SB that. it works flawlessly.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift, @focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form) [mod:shift] Skull Bash(Cat Form); Feral Charge(Cat Form)
    now i simply want to swap the two spells to SB on no modifier and to FC on shift modifier, but i can't get it to work. the macro always just shows the icon for FC regardless of modifier state. (it's just more convenient to interrupt without a second key to push)

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form) [mod:shift] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    am i missing some stupid syntax error?

hey all wonder if there is a way i can have a /startattack bound to my tab targetting so when i switch targets i dont stop attacking

In case the target I want to DPS is a friend or is dead, it will switch to an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by glovhizzle View Post
    hey all wonder if there is a way i can have a /startattack bound to my tab targetting so when i switch targets i dont stop attacking
    This is an Interface Option for the most part, in Interface -> Combat -> (uncheck) Stop Auto Attack. Assuming you have the rage\mana\energy\runic power it will continue attacking, but you're also better off adding /startattack to your main abilities in case you are running low.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-05-27 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    In case the target I want to DPS is a friend or is dead, it will switch to an enemy.

This is an Interface Option for the most part, in Interface -> Combat -> (uncheck) Stop Auto Attack. Assuming you have the rage\mana\energy\runic power it will continue attacking, but you're also better off adding /startattack to your main abilities in case you are running low.
    i have that option unchecked and when i switch targets my guy just stands there until i right click or physically start the auto attack

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that %t tells you the name of the target, does anyone know how to do the similar for race of the target and class of the target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    You're missing the semicolon after the initial Skull Bash in that macro.
    already tried that. with the semicolon the skullbash portion works, but it won't change to feral charge on modifier.
    the version I'm using right now (the first one) works just fine without the semicolon ... i really don't get why

edit: hm ... the one with the semicolon works while not having a focus target. but that kind of negates the intention of the macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, exists] Skull Bash(Cat Form); [mod:shift] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    Last edited by mmoc39bed4f91b; 2011-05-27 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyralune View Post
    already tried that. with the semicolon the skullbash portion works, but it won't change to feral charge on modifier.
    the version I'm using right now (the first one) works just fine without the semicolon ... i really don't get why

edit: hm ... the one with the semicolon works while not having a focus target. but that kind of negates the intention of the macro
    The way conditions work is that the first spell which returns true is used. In your case if you have a focus then Skull Bash will always be cast as the first condition returns true - so it never actually makes it to check for the modifier.

To solve it you can either move the Feral Charge part or use nomod in the first condition.
    I also recommend adding a harm condition to the focus condition incase you ever need to focus a friendly target, as it would attempt to cast on your focus still.

I recommend:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[@focus,harm][]Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    Last edited by Judge40; 2011-05-27 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    I recommend:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Feral Charge(Cat Form);[@focus,harm][]Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    thanks a lot! now i can rewrite my other macros aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I know that %t tells you the name of the target, does anyone know how to do the similar for race of the target and class of the target?
    You'd have to use a /run SendChatMessage for that.

I figured i could do the same thing i did with swipe with skull bash using the macro i got above and came up with

#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack [form:1/3]
    /cast [form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);Skull Bash

but it only ever does bear form Skull bash and i have no idea why :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    Just wanted to ask about the targeting bit in the swipe macro as well. Why do you put [help] and [dead] in there?
    I was curious about it as well. the conditions of /targetenemy refer to your current target, there was my mistake of thinking.
    So /targetenemy [help][dead] targets an enemy if your current target is dead or help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You'd have to use a /run SendChatMessage for that.
    That doesn't really answer my question to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    That doesn't really answer my question to be honest.
    There's nothing you can just drop into your macro, but if you tell us what text you want into what chat channel, we can make you a macro for it.