Quote Originally Posted by Zwair View Post
    Is it possible to create a macro that announce in /s, /y etc, but only when you use an ability and it succeeds?
    I recommend RSA for any type of interrupt or spell announcing purposes.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

My script addons still aren't working but i was wondering if anyone knew the frame name for paladin holy power? Can't seem to find it searching google.
    Life is better with sound effects.

/fstack and mouseover it

Looking for a simple enough macro (sounds so).

I want:

Use healthstone if in combat
    Equip Fishing pole if not equipped
    Cast fishing

I tried a couple things but couldn't get it to work.
    Here's one that I tried that didn't work:

/use [combat] Healthstone
    /stopmacro [combat]
    /cast [equipped:fishing pole] Fishing; [nocombat] Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    Last edited by BrokenMonitor; 2011-07-07 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [noequipped:Fishing Pole, nocombat]Fishing Pole
    /use [combat]Healthstone; Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [noequipped:Fishing Pole, nocombat]Fishing Pole
    /use [combat]Healthstone; Fishing
    Looks like my issue was I didn't realize I had the old macro on the action bar, thanks for the macro; looks cleaner than mine .

Edit: Is there anything I can do about it showing nothing on the icon in-combat if I don't have a healthstone? Like use the healthstone icon but have #showtooltip [nocombat] Fishing Pole
    Last edited by BrokenMonitor; 2011-07-07 at 08:56 PM.

i had a macro that would cast on mouseover but NOT target the person/mob...anyone have it? =/

/cast [@mouseover] Spell

Should cast only on mouseover.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenMonitor View Post
    Is there anything I can do about it showing nothing on the icon in-combat if I don't have a healthstone? Like use the healthstone icon but have #showtooltip [nocombat] Fishing Pole
    Code:
    #showtooltip [worn:Fishing Pole]Fishing;item:5512
    /equip [noworn:Fishing Pole,nocombat]Fishing Pole
    /cast [combat]Healthstone;Fishing

Hey Treeston could you help me with this?

Just read Treestons how to automate macros as an addon guide (probably a horrible way of saying it).

However I'm having trouble getting scripts to actually do anything when i log in and i can't see any step I'm not following correctly. I can see the addon in my addon list and have it ticked. The directory I'm putting the files into is as follows

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\AFocus

Here's what's in the two files. (Using notepad on windows 7. Bolded part is just the name of file)

AFocus.toc file
    ## Interface: 40200
    ## Title: AFocus
    AFocus.lua

AFocus.lua file
    /run FocusFrame:SetScale(.01)
    /run FocusFrameSpellBar:SetScale(200)
    /run FocusFrameToT:SetScale(0.01)
    /run FocusFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",CastingBarFrame,"TOP LEFT",-10000,50000)

I know the commands work because they work in just a normal macro form but when i log in the scripts don't run and i have to click the macro to run the commands. Any help of where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated ^__^
    also someone told me to remove the /run parts but it still doesn't work.
    Last edited by Angrus; 2011-07-08 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Life is better with sound effects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpookybear View Post
    i had a macro that would cast on mouseover but NOT target the person/mob...anyone have it? =/
    The proposed "/cast [@mouseover] spell" does what you wanted; if you want the spell button to still behave normally if you don't have a mouseover target, it would be

/cast [@mouseover, exists, nodead][] spell

This one casts on your mouseover target if you have one (and it isn't dead, leave out the "nodead" for a ressurection spell or replace it by "dead"), otherwise it will behave like the unmacroed spell. For even better performance, replace the "exists" by "harm" for a harmful spell or "help" for a helpful spell; this way, if you have an enemy mouseovered (coincidentally, perhaps) and want to heal your target, it will still do that (otherwise it would try to heal the enemy target, returning an error message), and vice versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrus View Post
    Hey Treeston could you help me with this?

also someone told me to remove the /run parts but it still doesn't work.
    "TOP LEFT" should be "TOPLEFT". Don't see any issues with it other than that.
    Any Lua errors happening? Maybe the FocusFrame doesn't get created until you actually focus a unit.

Hello, can anyone help me with the follow? I want to make 2 macro's which basically do the same thing, but on different party members. What I want it to do is the following, but I just cant figure out how to target the first and second party members specifically. Or rather, what the "code" for them is in macro-world.

/cast [target=party 1] Power Word: Shield
    ^ Is that even correct?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Nah, it's there always. grep ftw.

Code:
    /cast [@party1] Power Word: Shield
    Replace party1 with party2 for the other person. If you want them both on one button, I'd use a modifier key like so:

Code:
    /cast [@party2, mod:shift][@party1] Power Word: Shield
    Ah, guess I was right after all. They switched target= to @target?

Thanks alot, man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    They switched target= to @target?
    Both work the exact same way as far as I know, @ just requires less characters .

How do i make a macro that says "Interrupted *the interrupted spells name*"
    For example, i would want that to show up in chat when i interrupt Holy Light with "Interrupted Holy Light"
    Also, i want it to show in chat only when it succeeds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    How do i make a macro that says "Interrupted *the interrupted spells name*"
    For example, i would want that to show up in chat when i interrupt Holy Light with "Interrupted Holy Light"
    Also, i want it to show in chat only when it succeeds
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I recommend RSA for any type of interrupt or spell announcing purposes.
    This, better than a macro.

Is it possible to change the color of channels in a macro? I would like to have: -partyleader same color as party -raid, raidleader, raidwarning as #357EC7 (RGB: 53, 126, 199 - HSL: 0.58, 0.58, 0.49) -custom channel 5 -#4EE2EC (RGB: 78, 226, 236 - HSL: 0.51, 0.81, 0.62) -custom channel 6 -#9E7BFF (RGB: 158, 123, 255 - HSL: 0.71, 1.00, 0.74) (I don't know which code would be used so I just copied all of it, if it's even possible)
    Last edited by Vocah; 2011-07-09 at 12:51 PM. Reason: why the hell can't I make paragraphs? -.-

Deleted
    Code:
    /run ChatTypeInfo["TYPE"].r=1
    replace "r" with "g"/"b" as needed. Values range from 0-1. TYPE is the chat type string, as used in the CHAT_MSG_* events.