Quote Originally Posted by Cyfoeth View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that lets me cast Hellfire if I left click, and does a /stopcasting if I right click. I know I have to use [button:1] and such, but not sure how to do a casting and a non-cast command with them. Is it possible?
    I use this on my warlock for AoE, rightclick cancels Hellfire.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Hellfire
    /cast Demon Soul
    /cast [combat]Felstorm
    /cancelaura [channeling]Hellfire
    /stopmacro [btn:2,channeling]
    /cast Hellfire
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    Are you able to bind Lightning ball and Lava burst on 1 button without having to use shift/ctrl/other buttons
    just press 1 and when lb is rdy you cast that if it isnt you cast lightning bolt?
    I don't recommend it but you nearly get an OK ele Rotation in one button with this macro. I don't know why it works but it seems to with testing.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Lightning Bolt,Lightning Bolt,Chain Lightning
    /castsequence reset=9 Elemental Mastery,14,Berserking,Lifeblood
    /castsequence reset=9 Unleash Elements,Flame Shock,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Hey folks.
    I am looking for a macro for an Arms PvP Charge/Intercept.
    I am not the best at macros, and this is what I have come up with so far

Basically I want to be able to switch to Defensive Stance (first button press) and Intervene (second button press) if I have a friendly target either selected or mouseovered.
    I also want to cast Battle Stance and Charge if I have an enemy selected.

Would it be possible to get some help with this please?
    Kinda hurt my brain first thing in the morning but try this, should do it
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,form:1/3][help,form:1/3]Defensive Stance;[@mouseover,help][help]Intervene;[@mouseover,harm,form:2/3][form:2/3]Battle Stance;[@mouseover,harm][]Charge
    /cancelaura Bladestorm

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I can't figure this out for the life of me
    Code:
    #showtooltip Hex
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]Hex
    /p Hexing  %f
    Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway that the party text will be modified so that is says "/p Hexing %f" when there is no modifier and "/p Hexing %t" when I press control?
    Sorry if it's been asked and thanks for the help.

Deleted
    For this kind of issue, I like to recommend RSA, which is more accurate than macros by using combat log parsing.

If you still want a macro solution, here you go:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /run local unit = select(2,SecureCmdOptionParse("[mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]Hex")) or "target" SendChatMessage("Hexing "..((UnitName(unit)) or "<no "..unit..">"),"PARTY")
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-11-10 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    For this kind of issue, I like to recommend RSA, which is more accurate than macros by using combat log parsing.

If you still want a macro solution, here you go:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /run local unit = select(2,SecureCmdOptionParse("[mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]Hex")) or "target" SendChatMessage("Hexing "..((UnitName(unit)) or "<no "..unit..">"),"PARTY")
    Thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any downside to using a macro? I realize the addon might be simpler but is the macro finnicky or something like that or am I just as well off?
    Thanks

EDIT: I also have a windshear and purge macro so I changed the last line to
    Code:
    /run local unit = select(2,SecureCmdOptionParse("[mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]Wind Shear")) or "target" SendChatMessage("Interrupted "..((UnitName(unit)) or "<no "..u
    but that doesnt announce "interrupted" in party. Any ideas? thanks.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2011-11-10 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Well, macro will announce once per button press, for example. So if you spam the button, you spam the message. Macro also can't account for cooldowns - it will announce even if hex is on cooldown.
    An addon on the other hand will only announce if the spell actually goes off.

Anyways, your macro issue is likely because the macro's too long (thus cutting off the end). I've shortened it down a bit.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast [mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]Wind Shear
    /run local u=select(2,SecureCmdOptionParse("[mod:ctrl][@focus,harm,nodead][]")) or "target"SendChatMessage("Interrupted "..((UnitName(u)) or "<no "..u..">","PARTY")
    This one clocks in at 241 characters.

Deleted
    Hello there guys, currently i am playing a survival blood elf hunter, i would like to see a list with some macros, can someone post a list with the most popular or most frequently used macros for both PvP and PvE.

I'm looking for a hunter macro so that when i left click trapshot it will cast snaketrap and when i right click it will cast ice trap. (along with trapshot of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Well, macro will announce once per button press, for example. So if you spam the button, you spam the message. Macro also can't account for cooldowns - it will announce even if hex is on cooldown.
    An addon on the other hand will only announce if the spell actually goes off.

Anyways, your macro issue is likely because the macro's too long (thus cutting off the end). I've shortened it down a bit.
    <snip>
    This one clocks in at 241 characters.
    Wow thanks. I didn't even notice that it was cut off mid sentence >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I'm looking for a hunter macro so that when i left click trapshot it will cast snaketrap and when i right click it will cast ice trap. (along with trapshot of course)
    as long as trapshot is not on the gcd, that would be

/cast trapshot
    /cast [btn:2] ice trap; snake trap

Im looing for a priest macro that enables me to cast Guardian Spirit, while at the same time elerts the raid and also does a /w to the one that has Guardian Spirit. Ive managed to destroy the one I had, and it only shows up with a raid message.

The macro I had looked something like this;

/ra Guardian Spirit casted on %t!
    /cast Guardian Spirit
    /script if UnitExists("target") then SendChatMessage("Guardian Spirit on you! ","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))

I tried to fix it, but just managed to make it noneworking. There is some missing bits at the end, which I manage to delete and it's just a mess at the moment. So If anyone could be so kind to help me get this macro working again. Or just make a new macro that actually does what I want it to do
    My deviantArt | Taking signature requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Toraah View Post
    Im looing for a priest macro that enables me to cast Guardian Spirit, while at the same time elerts the raid and also does a /w to the one that has Guardian Spirit. Ive managed to destroy the one I had, and it only shows up with a raid message.

I tried to fix it, but just managed to make it noneworking. There is some missing bits at the end, which I manage to delete and it's just a mess at the moment. So If anyone could be so kind to help me get this macro working again. Or just make a new macro that actually does what I want it to do
    I recommend using an addon rather than a macro for proper announcing that is just much easier to customize and won't spam your raid if you press the button too many times. RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer. You also save yourself a macro slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toraah View Post

The macro I had looked something like this;

/ra Guardian Spirit casted on %t!
    /cast Guardian Spirit
    /script if UnitExists("target") then SendChatMessage("Guardian Spirit on you! ","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))

Add an "end" to the one you posted.

Deleted
    I was wondering what the macro would be so that I could link the use on my gloves (synapse springs) To be used whenever I cast bloodthirst but not to show the error message when on cooldown so essentially
    #showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /Use Earthen Gauntlets
    /Cast Bloodthirst

But to expand on it so it doesn't show an error message when gloves are on cooldown.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /use 10
    /run UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    /cast Bloodthirst

Deleted
    Hey guys, i need macro that cast Faerie Fire if im in caster form and when i use it with alt it casts Faerie Fire on focus and if im in cat/bear it casts Faerie Fire feral and with alt faerie fire feral on focus, thanks here are some of my tries: this works but only with feral faery fire and there is mod for overmouse too:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, stance:1/3] Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast [mod:alt, stance:1/3, target=focus] Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast [mod:shift, stance:1/3, target=mouseover] Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)

i need normal Faerie Fire in caster form too if thats possible

edit:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nostance:1/3] Faerie Fire
    /cast [nomod, stance:1/3] Faerie Fire (Feral)
    /cast [mod:alt, stance:1/3, target=focus] Faerie Fire (Feral)
    /cast [mod:shift, stance:1/3, target=mouseover] Faerie Fire (Feral)

this works too, i just need the focus part in normal form now
    Last edited by mmoc35e9fad2e9; 2011-11-13 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joye View Post
    Hey guys, i need macro that cast Faerie Fire if im in caster form and when i use it with alt it casts Faerie Fire on focus and if im in cat/bear it casts Faerie Fire feral and with alt faerie fire feral on focus, thanks
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,form:1/3,@mouseover][mod:alt,form:1/3,@focus][form:1/3]Faerie Fire (Feral);[mod:shift,@mouseover][mod:alt,@focus][]Faerie Fire

Deleted
    thank you i have another request and thats if its possible to have a macro that will cast nourish in normal form, reju with mod alt and rake in cat form and rip with alt and maul in bear form and swipe with alt ?
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-13 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:3,mod:alt]Rip;[form:3]Rake;[mod:alt,form:1]Swipe;[form:1]Maul;[mod:alt]Rejuvenation;Nourish
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-11-13 at 09:17 PM.

i need an oh shit macro for rag p3 for when meteors are up to /tar them and cast moonfire, but it has to be the nearest meteor so i dont screw any of my guildm8s over, should be an easy macro but i wanna be safe, thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Bullk View Post
    i need an oh shit macro for rag p3 for when meteors are up to /tar them and cast moonfire, but it has to be the nearest meteor so i dont screw any of my guildm8s over, should be an easy macro but i wanna be safe, thanks in advance
    Try this:
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /clearfocus
    /tar Living Meteor
    /focus [exists]
    /cast [@focus]Moonfire
    /targetlasttarget