Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I have quite a few separate macros that act the very same.

(121 characters)

I want to add a shift modifier for a second spell so I can easily access the spell instead of reaching for something like "5" or "h," which is sorta far when I use the "qweasd" movement keys.

Sorta ignorant when it comes to creating my own macros but I'm just wondering if this would possibly work:

(248 characters)
    Edit: Doesn't work..
    ok, there are a few issues. first, you want to put the mod-sequence (chain heal in that case) before the other one, unless you want to write nomod in every bracket - yours won't ever cast chain heal, right ?
    then, how do you want it to behave concerning your focus? yours, logically, will not use focus targets unless you neither have a mouseover nor a regular target, is that intended?
    [@target] is obsolete, that's what it does unless you specify another target - you can save characters here.
    lastly, showtooltip without conditionals will always show the right one that is about to be triggered in the current situation.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod,help,nodead][mod,@focus,help,nodead][mod,@player]Chain Heal;[@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@player]Earth Shield
    edit: also, [help] and the similar conditions incorporate [exists] already. There have been some glitches about it, but all in all it works.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2012-02-07 at 03:50 PM.

I was wondering if there is a way to make a cancel aura macro for my dispersion that uses a modifer to cancel the aura. For example, right now the macro I'm using is this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast Dispersion

but I'm not sure how to make the macro where it would use a modifer to cancel the aura. I know how to make macros to cast a spell on a different target. Is this even possible I guess is what I'm asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way to make a cancel aura macro for my dispersion that uses a modifer to cancel the aura.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura [mod:shift]Dispersion
    /cast Dispersion

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

You are amazing! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    ok, there are a few issues. first, you want to put the mod-sequence (chain heal in that case) before the other one, unless you want to write nomod in every bracket - yours won't ever cast chain heal, right ?
    then, how do you want it to behave concerning your focus? yours, logically, will not use focus targets unless you neither have a mouseover nor a regular target, is that intended?
    [@target] is obsolete, that's what it does unless you specify another target - you can save characters here.
    lastly, showtooltip without conditionals will always show the right one that is about to be triggered in the current situation.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod,@mouseover,help,nodead][mod,help,nodead][mod,@focus,help,nodead][mod,@player]Chain Heal;[@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@player]Earth Shield
    edit: also, [help] and the similar conditions incorporate [exists] already. There have been some glitches about it, but all in all it works.
    This is awesome, I love you man. <3

It would certainly make it more useful, but there is no unprotected script to interact with objects or units.
    Last edited by John7898; 2012-02-08 at 01:17 AM.

Hello, I wanted to request a line for my hunter macros that switches to Aspect of the Hawk if and only if I am in another Aspect at the moment. Currently all my macros for instant shots look like this:

#showtooltip Explosive Shot
    /cast !Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Claw

It's kind of annoying, particularly in turret fights where I never switch to Fox, to hear the Aspect sound every GCD, so I wanted to know if there's a line that only uses Aspect of the Hawk if Aspect of the Hawk isn't active at the time.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Hello, I wanted to request a line for my hunter macros that switches to Aspect of the Hawk if and only if I am in another Aspect at the moment.
    Macro cannot see what Aspect you're in, sorry.

Damn...doesn't it have some sort of "check for X or Y buff" thing? :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    Damn...doesn't it have some sort of "check for X or Y buff" thing? :s
    nope, that's exactly what it cannot do - make decisions based on pre/absence of buffs, debuffs, mana, health, energy and all that.

What you could do is modify it, so with a modifier (alt, shift or ctrl) it changes to Hawk and fires, otherwise it just fires...

Code:
    /cast [mod] Aspect of the Hawk
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Claw
    -you can also specify only one or two of the modifiers, e.g. [mod:ctrl]
    -I can remember a macro as well that always toggled Hawk (since it has no cost or GCD anyway), but suppresses the sound. I am not sure though if it only suppresses it for you, and you annoy the shit out of your raidmates

Code:
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 0)
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1)
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Claw
    This will suppress the Aspect sound for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 0)
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1)
    /cast Explosive Shot
    /cast Claw
    This will suppress the Aspect sound for you.
    But your raid will still hear it, correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    But your raid will still hear it, correct?
    I highly doubt you can suppress sound for other players, that is something that would most likely be highly useful in pvp if possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I highly doubt you can suppress sound for other players, that is something that would most likely be highly useful in pvp if possible.
    Exactly, that's why I initially recommended a [mod] solution. It should be fine, you don't need to change aspects that often.

Deleted
    You can also look at this thread, where we've worked on using action bar paging to minimize action swapping.

Deleted

/target ultraxion

I'm a Resto Shaman and we did Ultraxion HC yesterday. When placing my healing rain I accidentally click a player or pet sometimes and don't have the boss as target anymore. This was getting rather annoying, so I wrote a little macro:

/target ultraxion
    /cast lightning bolt

I've tried a couple of variations of that ("/tar ultra"...). But nothing seemed to work. He's casting the lb just fine if I have him in my target, but the targeting never works.

Is there something special on Ultraxion preventing that macro to work? I'm really confused by that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslaspule View Post
    I'm a Resto Shaman and we did Ultraxion HC yesterday. When placing my healing rain I accidentally click a player or pet sometimes and don't have the boss as target anymore. This was getting rather annoying, so I wrote a little macro:

/target ultraxion
    /cast lightning bolt

I've tried a couple of variations of that ("/tar ultra"...). But nothing seemed to work. He's casting the lb just fine if I have him in my target, but the targeting never works.

Is there something special on Ultraxion preventing that macro to work? I'm really confused by that...
    You could try
    Code:
    /cast [@Ultraxion] Lightning Bolt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You could try
    Code:
    /cast [@Ultraxion] Lightning Bolt
    yes, but I want to have him as a target. that's the best way to see the hour of twilight cast for me. (i know, focus cast bars would work too, but i don't have them)

guess I have to do something like target the target of my target if [harm] or something... haven't done that one before

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslaspule View Post
    yes, but I want to have him as a target. that's the best way to see the hour of twilight cast for me. (i know, focus cast bars would work too, but i don't have them)

guess I have to do something like target the target of my target if [harm] or something... haven't done that one before
    Not to sound like a douche but cant you just click on him? He is quite big

Try
    Code:
    /tar boss1

Using @Ultraxion would not work, since he is not in your party/raid group he wouldn't have a valid UnitID by name.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator