Deleted
    Hello I am asking for assistance by the proes ala proes in macro / scripting. For starters, is it even possible to make a macro for paladins with Hand of Protection that only allows it to be cast on a non tank( etc for heroics the tank has the tank role, and that should be a string somewhere ) is it possible to bring that string into a macro and make it so Hand of Protection cannot be cast on the tank to avoid mistakes before they are made

just a thought I had xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Hello I am asking for assistance by the proes ala proes in macro / scripting. For starters, is it even possible to make a macro for paladins with Hand of Protection that only allows it to be cast on a non tank( etc for heroics the tank has the tank role, and that should be a string somewhere ) is it possible to bring that string into a macro and make it so Hand of Protection cannot be cast on the tank to avoid mistakes before they are made

just a thought I had xD
    Not that I can think of, even with dynamic macro-making it's impossible to decide based on whether you're targeting a certain unit (or role, for that matter).

Deleted
    oh well, would mby have been to fool proff but if that would have been possible it would have opened up for some mean macro possibilities in pvp regarding healer spotting and straight up attacks that would prior healers above others xD

Hey guys, im looking for a macro that sets my focus target through mouseover (if any), otherwise it focuses my current target
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    Hey guys, im looking for a macro that sets my focus target through mouseover (if any), otherwise it focuses my current target
    Code:
    /focus [@mouseover,exists][]

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

15+ Year Old Account
    I want a macro for my crusader strike as healer where I don´t have to change target. For judgement I have "/cast [@targettarget, harm] Judgement, Judgement" and that one works perfectly. Why doesn't it work when I have the same macro but with CS instead of judgement?
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrickenDead View Post
    I'm looking for a macro for my Elemental Shaman to effectively give me a one-button filler. I want the macro to cast lava burst as soon as it's off cooldown, and I want to be able to press the same button for lightning bolt while lava burst is on cooldown. I've noticed with a simple /cast lava burst; /cast lightning bolt, it initially casts Lightning Bolt over Lava burst after I cast any other spell.
    So i was reading backwards in posts and found this one... and even tho it was dismissed as impossible at the time I remembered making a similar macro, with my extremly low macro-making-abilitys by fooling around, that seemed to work not long ago.
    It does what he asks for, but requires button spam since it seems to "cut" the spell-que on a few lightning bolts. I stopped using it tho since it also ofc didn't take into account if there was 0.1 sec untill the next lava burst would be aviable, and would start casting lightning bolt insted. In the end it would cost me around 1k dps on a 5 min fight and between that and the button-spam/laziness i stopped using it.
    I'm sure someone here can explain the problems with spell-queing beeing messed up, but other than that it seems to work like it should?

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Lava Burst
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Im trying to make a macro to prepare for Ultraxion heroic.

/cast Icebound Fortitude
    /cast Anti-Magic Shell
    /cast [modifier:shift] Anti-Magic Zone
    i want all 3 of them casted when i press shift, but only IBF and AMS when i dont press shift. how do i do this?
    Last edited by Friberg; 2012-02-16 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    So i was reading backwards in posts and found this one... and even tho it was dismissed as impossible at the time I remembered making a similar macro, with my extremly low macro-making-abilitys by fooling around, that seemed to work not long ago.
    It does what he asks for, but requires button spam since it seems to "cut" the spell-que on a few lightning bolts. I stopped using it tho since it also ofc didn't take into account if there was 0.1 sec untill the next lava burst would be aviable, and would start casting lightning bolt insted. In the end it would cost me around 1k dps on a 5 min fight and between that and the button-spam/laziness i stopped using it.
    I'm sure someone here can explain the problems with spell-queing beeing messed up, but other than that it seems to work like it should?

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Lava Burst
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    That used to work a few patches ago, but it was fixed last I checked.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I want a macro for my crusader strike as healer where I don´t have to change target. For judgement I have "/cast [@targettarget, harm] Judgement, Judgement" and that one works perfectly. Why doesn't it work when I have the same macro but with CS instead of judgement?
    That should be:
    Code:
    /cast [@targettarget,harm]Judgement;Judgement

Deleted
    Hey,

i have a guildie who recently got Mimiron's Head mount(that lucky sob). And he is getting loads of whispers while in town asking where did he get it. So he was wondering if it's possible to make an macro to reply a whisper with the achievement?

In this case it would be this

Thanks for the help.

Deleted
    * Treeston -Just logged the shaman to test it, and it still works. It wasn't that long ago i made it :P

@Friberg
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift] Icebound Fortitude; Icebound Fortitude
    /cast [mod:shift] Anti-Magic Shell; Anti-Magic Shell
    /cast [mod:shift] Ant-Magic Zone
    should work just fine. I havent been able to test it but it should work

Hi, i would like a warrior macro (for pvp) that would do all of this on the same one button.

If an enemy is targetted, it uses charge (on the targetted enemy).
    If i mouseover an enemy, it uses charge (on the moused over enemy).
    If i mouseover an ally, it cast defensive stance and uses intervene (on the moused over ally).

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    * Treeston -Just logged the shaman to test it, and it still works. It wasn't that long ago i made it :P
    Weird, I could swear I saw it being fixed.

I'm looking for a way to with a macro send a chat message to "smart group" (that some addons use); /r if I'm in a raid, /p if I'm in a party and /s if I'm in none. Currently this is what I have.
    Code:
    local chan = ??;
    local c = "SAY";
    if(chan == ??) then
      c = "RAID";
    else if (chan == ??) then
      c = "PARTY";
    end
    local mess = "my message";
    SendChatMessage(mess, chan, "TROLL", nil);
    And ofc it's the question marks that I need to replace with something that can help me find out what kind of "party-state" I'm in. A bonus would also be if there's a way a macro can find out what race I am so I don't have to replace the language part depending on which toon I'm using. I'm rather new to this kind more advance macro-ing so there might be other mistakes in there as well, feel free to point them out, I havn't really been able to test it since I don't have anything to test it with yet.

Deleted

Trade channel

Hi im trying to create a macro that allows me to post a link in trade channel advertising my professions and my alts professions while staying on one char but not having much luck.
    Any help would be great.

Slapsticks

Okay so I use arena 123 macros for ccs etc. but my arena 123 skull bash macro isnt working properly.... Icant seem to figure what the problem is. It keeps saying while im in cat form that I have to be in bear form to do it.

#showtooltip [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    /cast [@arena1] [stance:1] Skull Bash(Bear Form); [stance:3] Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    This is what I have currently. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doonarion View Post
    Okay so I use arena 123 macros for ccs etc. but my arena 123 skull bash macro isnt working properly.... Icant seem to figure what the problem is. It keeps saying while im in cat form that I have to be in bear form to do it.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@arena1,nodead,form:1][form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form);[@arena1,nodead,form:3][]Skull Bash

Currently using this macro

Code:
    #showtooltip Mind Control
    /cast [@target] Mind Control
    /e begins casting Mind Control on %T
    Is there a line that I can add in there that will prevent the emote from being spammed when I press the macro multiple times in a panicked frenzy?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Is there a line that I can add in there that will prevent the emote from being spammed when I press the macro multiple times in a panicked frenzy?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Mind Control
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead][help]
    /run local t=GetTime()if t-(SAYTIME or 0)>5 then SendChatMessage("begins casting Mind Control on %t", "EMOTE", nil, nil); SAYTIME=t end