Not sure if that's the right sub forum to ask.

I'm wondering if it's possible to key bind or macro Clique Addon profiles ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to get this macro right.

There's basically 3 components to it;

• Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 1: Heroic Strike
    • Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 2; Cleave
    • Pressed with any MOD, and in any action bar; Heroic Leap

What I got is this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod]!Heroic Leap
    /stopmacro[mod]
    /cast [actionbar:1]Heroic Strike;Cleave
    It fires the Heroic Strikes and Cleaves correctly, but it doesn't fire the Heroic Leap.

Could you guys help me out please?

Thanks!

~Tom
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I can't seem to get this macro right.

There's basically 3 components to it;

• Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 1: Heroic Strike
    • Pressed without MOD, and in action bar 2; Cleave
    • Pressed with any MOD, and in any action bar; Heroic Leap

It fires the Heroic Strikes and Cleaves correctly, but it doesn't fire the Heroic Leap.

Could you guys help me out please?

Thanks!

~Tom
    Try
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod]!Heroic Leap;[actionbar:1]Heroic Strike;Cleave
    Really no need for the stopmacro as you can just combine everything.
    Also make sure you don't have anything bound to whatever this will be with the mod, e.g. if you use shift+4 to use this macro make sure that shift+4 isn't bound. If you're unsure see if it works if you hold a mod and the macro, if it works on click but not on button then you need to check the bindings for that key combination.
    Last edited by Judge40; 2012-03-22 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks!

I know for sure I don't have any double keybinds, it's just that I'm not very good with multiple macro modifiers in 1 macro :P
    Warlock (SL main)

Cool Put text in item link

Hi guys,
    i found this macro:
    /run local s={"TEST"} for i=1,#s do DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME: AddMessage("\124c00ffffff\ \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h["..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff")end
    It overwrites an item link, but only does it locally.
    Could Some1 edit this script so i can link the overwritten link in chat?

Kind regards,
    Kark.

Quote Originally Posted by KarkazZ View Post
    Hi guys,
    i found this macro:

It overwrites an item link, but only does it locally.
    Could Some1 edit this script so i can link the overwritten link in chat?

Kind regards,
    Kark.
    I tried working on it, but I can't get it to work. I'm not getting any lua errors, but I'm not getting any output in the chat either, which leads me to think that you cannot post custom links in the chat. If it was possible the simple solution should be to change the code to this (which would send it to my custom channel 5):
    Code:
    /run local s={"TEST"} for i=1,#s do SendChatMessage("\124c00ffffff\ \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h["..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff","channel",nil,"5")end
    What is it exactly you're trying to do with this macro, though? I could possibly attempt find some other solution if I knew more specifically what you want.

Deleted
    The server checks for validity of the link before forwarding it to other clients. There's no way you can do what you're trying to do.

What i'm trying to accomplish is to overwrite an item link and post this in a chat channel.
    I don't know if this is possible on retail servers, but i play on molten and i saw people doing this.
    Will post a screenshot later so you guys see what i mean.

Greets,
    Kark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm trying to put Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire on the same button, based on what I've learned already about stances in macros, but I can't get it to work, this is what I'm using at the moment:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] !Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast [stance:3] !Faerie Fire (Feral)(Feral)
    /cast !Faerie Fire
    It works in a feral form, but when I go to caster form it tells me I need to be in cat or bear form, what could I add / change to make it work for both?
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Is it possible to write a macro that will Que me for a random/specific Battleground?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Ive searched everywhere trying to find a good guide on linking profession through a macro, I'm completely lost. I've tried using some ive found, but haven't been able to get any to work. Can someone provide one they use or something? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The server checks for validity of the link before forwarding it to other clients. There's no way you can do what you're trying to do.
    i believe theres an add-on to do what the poster wants, but thats more than a macro can do, and i'm not so sure it doesn't break some sort of terms of service rule.

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fitlanbox View Post
    Ive searched everywhere trying to find a good guide on linking profession through a macro, I'm completely lost. I've tried using some ive found, but haven't been able to get any to work. Can someone provide one they use or something? Thanks in advance.
    just open up your profession pane when making the macro and Shift-click the Link button and it will put a working link in any macro.

Quote Originally Posted by McSpriest View Post
    just open up your profession pane when making the macro and Shift-click the Link button and it will put a working link in any macro.
    Really? I just tried that and all it does is link the word enchanting, not link. As far as I know its always been like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitlanbox View Post
    Code:
    /cast Enchanting
    /run SendChatMessage("My advertisement message "..GetTradeSkillListLink(), "channel", nil, "2") CloseTradeSkill()

Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Hey, I'm trying to put Faerie Fire and Feral Faerie Fire on the same button, based on what I've learned already about stances in macros, but I can't get it to work, this is what I'm using at the moment:
    <Snip>
    It works in a feral form, but when I go to caster form it tells me I need to be in cat or bear form, what could I add / change to make it work for both?
    Code:
    /use [form:1/3]Faerie Fire (Feral);Faerie Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Is it possible to write a macro that will Que me for a random/specific Battleground?
    I believe those functions are protected, so it is not possible to queue yourself into a battleground with a macro.

Hi there.

I am in need of a macro, I'm not sure how to make it work.

I play an Unholy DK, on occasion I need my ghoul to stay on one target, while I'm on another. It's easy enough for me at the start of a fight, but if for some reason I need to summon a new ghoul, I would like an easy, single click macro for the ghoul to attack my focus.

I have tried:
    /cast [target=[pettarget=focus],harm,nodead][] attack

I simply want the pet to autoattack when I resummon it

Any help woul dbe much appreciated.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Raise Dead
    /petattack focus

Quote Originally Posted by jknight47 View Post
    Hi there.

I am in need of a macro, I'm not sure how to make it work.

I play an Unholy DK, on occasion I need my ghoul to stay on one target, while I'm on another. It's easy enough for me at the start of a fight, but if for some reason I need to summon a new ghoul, I would like an easy, single click macro for the ghoul to attack my focus.

I have tried:
    /cast [target=[pettarget=focus],harm,nodead][] attack

I simply want the pet to autoattack when I resummon it

Any help woul dbe much appreciated.
    Code:
    /petattack [@focus,harm,nodead][]

Thank you Treeston and Newbie for the prompt responses. As I feared, I was overcomplicating things buy the looks.

Thanks again.

What i'm trying to accomplish is to overwrite an item link and post this in a chat channel.
    I don't know if this is possible on retail servers, but i play on molten and i saw people doing this.
    Will post a screenshot later so you guys see what i mean.

Greets,
    Kark.
    I made the screenshot of a guy doing this, he doesn't want to tell me what exactly the macro is, but he says i'm close.. :

/run local s={"TEST"} for i=1,#s do DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME: AddMessage("\124c00ffffff\ \124c00FF0033\124Hitem:"..s[i]..":0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h["..s[i].."]\124h\124r\124c00ffffff" )end
    Noone can solve this?

Regards,
    Kark.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2012-03-25 at 01:38 AM.