Is it possible to write a macro that will Que me for a random/specific Battleground?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369922491
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2135903708#2

Thnx in advance : )

is it posibble to have target friendly; target harm cast two different spells within one macro

say if my target is friendly i cast flash heal

if my target is an enemy i cast mind spike

and just so i clear up all my thoughts if this can be done can shft,ctrl,alt modifiers be put into the equations as well

say press 1 target=friendly cast flash heal
    say press shift + 1 target = friendly cast greater heal

press 1 on an enemy mind spike
    press shift+1 on an enemy mind blast
    Only death my pay for life

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwarder View Post
    is it posibble to have target friendly; target harm cast two different spells within one macro

say if my target is friendly i cast flash heal

if my target is an enemy i cast mind spike

and just so i clear up all my thoughts if this can be done can shft,ctrl,alt modifiers be put into the equations as well

say press 1 target=friendly cast flash heal
    say press shift + 1 target = friendly cast greater heal

press 1 on an enemy mind spike
    press shift+1 on an enemy mind blast
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift,harm]Mind Blast;[mod:shift,help]Greater Heal;[harm]Mind Spike;Flash Heal

I'm trying to make a Mouseover first, if not moused over, then target. If no target, then self... I'm using
    #showtooltip Dispel Magic
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][target=target]Dispel Magic

#show dispel magic
    /use [@mouseover,help][@target,exists][@player]dispel magic

Is there a way to suppress the popup box with the "you can't do that" message when you try to call a protected function in a /script command?

Also, an unrelated question. I'm trying to make a macro that casts Guardian of Ancient Kings (only) on the first keypress, then a whole assortment of cooldowns on the second. Will this work?
    Code:
    #showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,X
    /castsequence X,Avenging Wrath
    /castsequence X,Zealotry
    /castsequence X,Trinket
    Last edited by Liagala; 2012-03-27 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Why do you try calling a protected function in the first place?

No, the castsequence can only move forward if the spell was cast sucessfully, so something like this may work:

Code:
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,Avenging Wrath
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,Zealotry
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,13
    13 would be your top trinket slot, and 14 would be the bottom one.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Hello, i have the question How can make macro who say when you are use your mana tide totem?

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 06:24 PM ----------

same ad in spirit link

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Mana Tide Totem
    /run if GetTime()>(cd or 0)then cd=GetTime()+180 SendChatMessage("Casting Mana Tide Totem","YELL")end
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Spirit Link Totem
    /run if GetTime()>(cd or 0)then cd=GetTime()+180 SendChatMessage("Casting Spirit Link Totem","YELL")end
    I forget the exact cooldown on each of these so Im just assuming it is 3 min each. just change the 180 to the number of seconds of the cooldown.

I would really like to make a macro that will cast arcane power, presence of mind and pop a trinket when I hit my arcane blast key. How would I go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    No, the castsequence can only move forward if the spell was cast sucessfully, so something like this may work:

Code:
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,Avenging Wrath
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,Zealotry
    /castsequence Guardian of Ancient Kings,13
    13 would be your top trinket slot, and 14 would be the bottom one.
    I'm at work so I can't test it now, but I think I tried something similar to that once and it didn't work. I'll check it when I get home though, I could be wrong. If I remember right, it would realize that Guardian is on cooldown and just stop there because it was unable to successfully cast. I was looking at your post in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1073534 and thought the "Banana Waffles" (LOL) trick would do what I'm trying for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Why do you try calling a protected function in the first place?
    Mostly just playing around with stuff. I'm trying to learn more than just the simple macros I write now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyomi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Mana Tide Totem
    /run if GetTime()>(cd or 0)then cd=GetTime()+180 SendChatMessage("Casting Mana Tide Totem","YELL")end
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Spirit Link Totem
    /run if GetTime()>(cd or 0)then cd=GetTime()+180 SendChatMessage("Casting Spirit Link Totem","YELL")end
    I forget the exact cooldown on each of these so Im just assuming it is 3 min each. just change the 180 to the number of seconds of the cooldown.
    You're using the same global for both macros. Also, why don't you use GetSpellCooldown instead?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Mana Tide Totem
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Mana Tide Totem")==0 then SendChatMessage("Casting Mana Tide Totem","YELL") end
    (Equivalent for SLT)

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Mostly just playing around with stuff. I'm trying to learn more than just the simple macros I write now.
    Well, I suppose you could hook StaticPopup_Show (or the StaticPopup frames' OnShow scripts) and then hide the popup if its' .which is "MACRO_ACTION_FORBIDDEN" (which is the respective StaticPopup key according to StaticPopup.lua).

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    I would really like to make a macro that will cast arcane power, presence of mind and pop a trinket when I hit my arcane blast key. How would I go about doing that?
    So far I've come up with:
    #showtooltip Arcane Blast
    /use 14
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /cast Arcane Power
    /stopcasting
    /cast Arcane Blast
    The problem is it doesn't cast arcane blast, it just keeps interrupting the cast when I spam the button.

Also I'd be interested to know if there's a way to make a macro that can check if arcane missiles are up and if not cast arcane blast.
    Last edited by lespaul5895; 2012-03-28 at 04:30 PM.

The problem is it doesn't cast arcane blast, it just keeps interrupting the cast when I spam the button.

Also I'd be interested to know if there's a way to make a macro that can check if arcane missiles are up and if not cast arcane blast.
    Take out the /stopcasting line, and for the 2nd part of the question, it is not possible.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account

there is no way to check for procs or cast based on that in a macro.
    also like was previously said remove the /stopcasting part

Deleted
    So, im looking to make some macros for doting multiple target's. I want it to cast at my current target if i have no mouseover, and cast at my mouseover if i have any.
    Been trying some but cant get it to work.

/use [@mouseover, harm][] Dot Spell Name

Can someone share with me the condition that makes a spell target my focus's target, ideally without requiring me to be targeting my focus (ie, not the assist condition)

:EDIT:

Actually I'd like to know how to write something a bit more complex: If I am targeting a friendly target, cast Smite on my Focus target's target; if I am targeting a hostile target, cast Smite on my target.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-03-30 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Can someone share with me the condition that makes a spell target my focus's target, ideally without requiring me to be targeting my focus (ie, not the assist condition)

:EDIT:

Actually I'd like to know how to write something a bit more complex: If I am targeting a friendly target, cast Smite on my Focus target's target; if I am targeting a hostile target, cast Smite on my target.
    /cast [harm][@focustarget] Smite