Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    /cast [harm][@focustarget] Smite
    Looking for Focus target's target, but thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Looking for Focus target's target, but thanks.
    I'm sorry, I thought by "focus target's target" you meant the target of your focus. If you wanted to chain it further to the target of your focus' target, then I believe [@focustargettarget] will work as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought by "focus target's target" you meant the target of your focus. If you wanted to chain it further to the target of your focus' target, then I believe [@focustargettarget] will work as a replacement.
    Many thanks. Makes Atonement much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I am trying to make a macro that I can have one button for all of my bleeds that I use, but so far it only casts the first one every time.

This is the 2nd and current version:
    Code:
    /castsequence Mangle(Cat Form, Rake(Cat Form), Claw(Cat Form), Shred(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form), Rip(Cat Form)

The version before just had /cast before each spell.

I don't know enough about macros to figure this out. Is it even possible to do what I'm trying to do?

Deleted
    You're missing a closing bracket after "Mangle (Cat Form".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about macros. I've written a couple that seem to work for my sham & druid, but for the most part I have no idea what I'm doing. What I would like is a macro that yells hadouken when I cast lava burst, but I don't want it to yell everytime. I tried
    [mod:alt] /y HADOUKEN
    /cast lava burst
    but that says the entire first line as is. I also put [mod:alt] after the /y & it just yells [mod:alt] HADOUKEN. Any help on this would be great.

Also, if I could get help with my druid one I would be eternally grateful. I want to be able to switch between my feral shifts & my caster shift. I wrote it as
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [mod:shift] Bear Form(Shapeshift)

Shift is bear, then if I hit Alt it's cat. That works. But if I hit Shift again, it doesn't go back to bear. I would also like to hold the mod & shift back to caster. So say I hit Alt to go to cat, I want to be able to push Alt + the button to go back to caster. Same with Shift. Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Da Baws; 2012-04-01 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    I don't know much about macros. I've written a couple that seem to work for my sham & druid, but for the most part I have no idea what I'm doing. What I would like is a macro that yells hadouken when I cast lava burst, but I don't want it to yell everytime.

Also, if I could get help with my druid one I would be eternally grateful. I want to be able to switch between my feral shifts & my caster shift.
    For the Lava Burst one, you could try this.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lava Burst
    /stopmacro [noexists][dead][help]
    /run local t=GetTime()if t-(SAYTIME or 0)>60 then SendChatMessage("HADOUKEN", "YELL", nil, nil); SAYTIME=t end
    This will make it go off once per minute. You can change the timing with the number in red.

For the other one, try this. I'm not sure if it's what you want.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Bear Form;[mod:alt]Cat Form

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of those work perfectly. Thank you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    I don't know much about macros. I've written a couple that seem to work for my sham & druid, but for the most part I have no idea what I'm doing. What I would like is a macro that yells hadouken when I cast lava burst, but I don't want it to yell everytime. I tried
    [mod:alt] /y HADOUKEN
    /cast lava burst
    but that says the entire first line as is. I also put [mod:alt] after the /y & it just yells [mod:alt] HADOUKEN. Any help on this would be great.

Also, if I could get help with my druid one I would be eternally grateful. I want to be able to switch between my feral shifts & my caster shift. I wrote it as
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt] [stance:3] !Cat Form
    /cast [mod:shift] Bear Form(Shapeshift)

Shift is bear, then if I hit Alt it's cat. That works. But if I hit Shift again, it doesn't go back to bear. I would also like to hold the mod & shift back to caster. So say I hit Alt to go to cat, I want to be able to push Alt + the button to go back to caster. Same with Shift. Many thanks in advance.

just a quick note on the hadoken macro

theres an add-on called "aftercast" (i think). that add-on allows you to say certain things on successful spell cast, just make sure to not use it for casting abilities (it shouldn't let you anyway, but even if it does DON'T)

Deleted
    hi there,
    im looking for a mage macro that countespells my focus

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    hi there,
    im looking for a mage macro that countespells my focus

Thanks!
    /cast [@focus] Counterspell
    I'm a kittycat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    /cast [@focus] Counterspell
    That is of course exactly what nightstalkerr asked for.
    I wonder however if he really wants an extra button just for this?
    My suggestion would be something like

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, nohelp, nomod:alt][] Counterspell
    -Will cast counterspell on focus if one exists
    -Will cast counterspell normally if no focus exists or alt is pressed. Exchange for shift or ctrl if desired.
    -If you want to cast it on the focus only IF you press the modifier (instead of only if not), remove the colored "no".
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-04-02 at 11:12 PM.

I've got a new one for you guys.

My guild is working on Heroic Spine and I'm the blood tank. I've had a few accidents where I accidentally taunt the Amalgamation rather than the new bloods that spawn, this is obviously a problem.

I'm looking for a macro that will cancel the spell cast of Growl should I be targeting the Amalgamation.
    I imagine it would be something like

#Showtooltip Growl
    /cast [no amalgamation] Growl

But I just don't know how all the extra stuff in side the brackets work.

Thanks.

Deleted
    The closest we could get would be:
    Code:
    /targetexact Congealing Blood
    /cast Growl
    It won't prevent you from (potentially) wasting your Growl cooldown on an already-tanked Blood, but at least it won't taunt any Amalgamations.

PS: Test the behavior of /targetexact before using this, though. I remember it not re-targeting if the current target already matches the specified name. If this is not the case, don't use this macro as it would drop your current Blood target.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Not sure if that's the right sub forum to ask.

I'm wondering if it's possible to key bind or macro Clique Addon profiles ?
    Still looking for help.

Still looking for help.
    This depends on what the Clique author added support wise for slash commands. It's best to ask Cladhaire directly:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...=5108#comments

Hey i'm looking for 1 macro that will Create my warlock portal (as control modifier), and then click it again (normally) to use the teleport - would like to see the Teleport as the tooltip.

Demonic Circle: Summon
    Demonic Circle: Teleport

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Hey i'm looking for 1 macro that will Create my warlock portal (as control modifier), and then click it again (normally) to use the teleport - would like to see the Teleport as the tooltip.

Demonic Circle: Summon
    Demonic Circle: Teleport

Please help!
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Demonic Circle: Summon; Demonic Circle: Teleport

When you create the macro, select the '?' icon and it will show the spell icon for which ever spell your casting.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGnosis View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Demonic Circle: Summon; Demonic Circle: Teleport

When you create the macro, select the '?' icon and it will show the spell icon for which ever spell your casting.
    When holding down control then pressing my keybind V, it doesnt cast the Summon. However, if Im holding down Control and I manually click that button, it DOES cast the summon

edit: it does work, I just forgot I had to unbind my current "show enemy name plates" bind
    Last edited by DrFeelGood; 2012-04-05 at 05:35 AM.

Hi guys I have a problem: I dont have enough keys so I want my regular key press to be serpent sting and modifier alt to misdirect to my pet. But i cant seem to get the following macro to work:

#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
    /cast [nomod][harm] Serpent Sting
    /cast [mod:alt][@pet, exists] misdirection
    /startattack
    /PetAttack

Is it even possible to do this? It doesn't misdirect. I need to manualy target my pet to work.
    Last edited by drubibu; 2012-04-05 at 07:55 AM.