Hey guys, Since the new patch just hit i've been playing around on my pally healer and i've been trying to figure out if i can make a one button macro that can do the following:

- when in a group, cast Beacon of light on my current friendly target or friendly mouse over target
    - set this person as my focus target
    - when not targeting a friendly (via clicking or mouse over), cast Sacred Shield on my focus target
    - when targeting a friendly that's not my focus, cast Beacon of Light on that person instead and turn them into my new focus target

Deleted
    While I built my interface for my warlock with the new patch I noticed that I was not able to get a few macros working the way I like. Maybe somebody can help me out there?

1: I'd like a macro for going in and out of Meta fast. When just using the Meta Button casting Doom or ToC and then trying to get out of meta by pressing the same button again I have to try for 2-3 times before it works. As such I thought a castingsequence macro would work there. Unfortunately castingsequence does not seem to work with cancelaura. I tried the following:
    /Castsequence Metamorphosis, cancelaura Metamorphosis

2: Next I tried to write a Macro for a talentrow. For example I want to use either Burning Rush or Unbound Will denpending on which talent I have selected. But I want to see the tooltip and the correct symbol. If I try writing:
    /cast Burning Rush
    /cast Unbound Will
    then I will only see Burning Rush if I selected it. But if I chose Unbound will I get only a question mark as a symbol and no tooltip

I have noticed that since the patch, my attack macros are targeting critters with the '/startattack' and would like for that to not be the case. I have noticed that tab targeting also hits critters, which I don't remember that being the case. SO, that presents 2 questions:

1) If I add the 'harm' modifier, will that prevent critters from being targeted by the macro? (at work so I can't test myself yet)
    2) Is there a way to remove critters from the tab targeting rotations?

/cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Sacred Shield; [raid,help][raid,@mouseover,help] Beacon of Light
    /focus [help,nodead]

2: Next I tried to write a Macro for a talentrow. For example I want to use either Burning Rush or Unbound Will denpending on which talent I have selected.
    You can either use a macro:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    or an addon to add tier based showtooltips:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

1: I'd like a macro for going in and out of Meta fast. When just using the Meta Button casting Doom or ToC and then trying to get out of meta by pressing the same button again I have to try for 2-3 times before it works. As such I thought a castingsequence macro would work there. Unfortunately castingsequence does not seem to work with cancelaura. I tried the following:
    /Castsequence Metamorphosis, cancelaura Metamorphosis
    You can try
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis

but no guarantees it'll work properly.

---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malsiv View Post
    I have noticed that since the patch, my attack macros are targeting critters with the '/startattack' and would like for that to not be the case. I have noticed that tab targeting also hits critters, which I don't remember that being the case. SO, that presents 2 questions:

1) If I add the 'harm' modifier, will that prevent critters from being targeted by the macro? (at work so I can't test myself yet)
    2) Is there a way to remove critters from the tab targeting rotations?
    1) It should since I believe most critters are neutral
    2) This isn't something we can set by default but you can try
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    and it should preferentially target hostile mobs. If it doesn't then they changed tab targetting to be this way and not much you can do about it.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    1) It should since I believe most critters are neutral
    2) This isn't something we can set by default but you can try
    /targetenemy [noharm]
    and it should preferentially target hostile mobs. If it doesn't then they changed tab targetting to be this way and not much you can do about it.
    1) Critters seems to be acting as harmful now, so I believe it won't. It got targeted by "targetenemy" and returned true on "[harm]" conditions.
    2) The condition in that macro would actually check if your current target is friendly and then target a new enemy if that's true. "/targetenemy" is by itself trying to target hostile mobs and don't need additional conditions. In fact additional conditions wouldn't help since they can only check for conditions on targets with valid unitIDs, such as target/focus/party/arena etc, and not on the potential target for the targeting function.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    /cast [@focus,harm,nodead] Sacred Shield; [raid,help][raid,@mouseover,help] Beacon of Light
    /focus [help,nodead]

You can either use a macro:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147396102#2
    or an addon to add tier based showtooltips:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html

You can try
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /cancelaura Metamorphosis

but no guarantees it'll work properly.[COLOR="red"]
    Both worked thanks =)

In fact additional conditions wouldn't help since they can only check for conditions on targets with valid unitIDs, such as target/focus/party/arena etc, and not on the potential target for the targeting function.
    It will work conditionally with /targetenemy just fine but in this case if critters are now not neutral mobs anymore, and fall under harm, [noharm] would obviously not apply anymore. And yes the point is to check on current target and target something else if the conditions don't apply and not target something else if they do so that if you're spamming it with [noharm] included, it sticks on hostile mobs and doesn't keep tabbing, but keeps tabbing if you keep targetting neutral mobs, until it finds a hostile mob.
    Unless conditions are already built into it. Like it used to target dead mobs too but nowadays it skips them automatically which means putting [dead] or [nodead] at the end does nothing now though it used to once upon a time.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 08:21 PM.

I been trying to do this as a PVP Holy Paladin. Is there a way that I can make a macro to not only activate Seal of Truth but also cast either Might or Kings as well?

If they all trigger gcd you can't cast them all at the same time.
    In that case bind them to different modifiers or use a castsequence.

/cast [mod:shift] Spell1; [mod:ctrl] Spell2; Spell3
    or
    /castsequence Spell1, Spell2, Spell3

I'm looking for a macro that will disable "Show Spell Alerts" in the interface and switch my talents to my other spec (and a reverse one, to switch back to the first spec and enable spell alerts). Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    I'm looking for a macro that will disable "Show Spell Alerts" in the interface and switch my talents to my other spec (and a reverse one, to switch back to the first spec and enable spell alerts). Is that possible?
    /run local c="displaySpellActivationOverlays" SetCVar(c,GetCVar(c) == "1" and 0 or 1)
    /usetalents [spec:2]1;2

10+ Year Old Account
    With 5.0.4, my random critter macro doesn't work now. Anyone got a new one?

/run CallCompanion("CRITTER", random(GetNumCompanions("CRITTER")))

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    /run SummonRandomCritter()

This isn't a macro but rather an action bar paging question. I figured I'd ask here before starting a new thread.

I'm trying to find the command to hide a bar except when on a vehicle. I'm using DecUI if that matters.
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

Deleted
    Hello people, i'm trying desperately to make a Ironbark (druid's new spell from mop ) macro on mouseover like this:

#showtooltip Ironbark
    /use [target=mouseover, help] Ironbark
    but it don't seems to work at all, it just cast Ironbark on me but not on others :/ same with /cast instead of /use, is anyone of you know what to do?

There's nothing wrong with its syntax. But from personal experience I can tell you I had to rewrite several of my macros though there was nothing wrong with them either, and that helped.
    Try deleting your macro, and then make a new one like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Ironbark

and see if it works.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-30 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    It's me again. I have a problem. This macro doesn't work with mod:ctrl. All others (shift, alt) works tho. Any idea what can it be? Also the range indicator thanching from red to white while holding control down. And I''ve checked for any ctrl+e (e = keybind for gouge) bindings in options and didn't find any.
    Check that you don't have CTRL set as the auto-selfcast key in options.

Deleted
    Thank you for your quick answer Sedivy

But sadly it don't seems to work anymore, really strange thing i think :/

Anyone know a macro that inspects your target and displays the average item level they currently are wearing? This worked pre patch:

/cleartarget [mod:alt]
    /ins
    /run local t,c,u=0,0,UnitExists("target") and "target" or "player" for i =1,18 do if i~=4 then local k=GetInventoryItemLink(u,i) if k then local _,_,_,l=GetItemInfo(k) t=t+l c=c+1 end end end if c>0 then print(t/c) end

but now it only works on my own character and no one else. Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to make a macro that creates a Healthstone if you don't have one, but uses one if you do?

I had one where I would use one on left click, create on right click pre-patch, but the patch broke it, and it uses healthstone and starts casting the spell right after on either button press. :S

Obviously, I'm aware "If X then X" macros don't exist, but not sure about it in this context. xD

If it still is like that, can someone post a working macro that uses Create Healthstone on right Click (but uses Create Healthstone's tooltip) and uses a healthstone on left Click?
    Last edited by Myzou; 2012-08-31 at 02:06 AM.