Hi guys! got a question.. is there any way to track a spell's stack as a macro? This spell in particular: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=130200

I've been toying with it for an hour, also tried it with WeakAuras, but I can't get it to work... Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjkh View Post
    Hi guys! got a question.. is there any way to track a spell's stack as a macro? This spell in particular: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=130200

I've been toying with it for an hour, also tried it with WeakAuras, but I can't get it to work... Any ideas?
    A macro can't track buffs or debuffs. WeakAuras should work. I don't know if you use IceHUD, but that can track buff stacks too.

10+ Year Old Account
    can i make a macro to aim and use heroic leap always infront of me and at the minimal range ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Unbound Will costs 20% of your health, so the trinket needs to be used first.
    Then you're SOL. You can only have #showtooltip show either the first (/use or /cast) or next (/castsequence) item or ability in the macro, or a specific item or ability, not a combination of the two. Closest I can get you is something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Unbound Will; Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity
    /cast [mod:shift] Unbound Will
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /castsequence reset=120/alt Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity, Unbound Will
    This will use the medallion on a regular press, then Unbound Will if it's pressed again within 120 seconds, or 2 minutes. If ALT is held while pressing the macro, it will forcibly reset the castsequence and use the medallion. While I don't think you'll need that, it's always a good idea to have a manual reset just in case. It will always display the icon, tooltip, and cooldown for the medallion, but if you hold shift, it will show you the icon, tooltip and cooldown of Unbound Will. Using the macro while shift is held will also use Unbound Will, regardless of whether medallion is available or not.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    can i make a macro to aim and use heroic leap always infront of me and at the minimal range ?
    Something similar was asked regarding a banner, and no, it can't be done. Enclosing my reply in that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Specifically, to do that you'll need to have the hotkey simulate a mouse click, which counts as click automation (as the mouse is being "clicked" automatically without the user using the mouse button). This is against the Terms of Service and could be grounds for suspension.

If you really, really want to do it there are ways, but 1) do it on your own risk and 2) don't expect anyone here to point you to the exact solution.

I use script like this that I found a few years back to destroy particular items that I have a lot of in my bags.

Code:
    /run i="Enormous Tooth"d=GetItemCount(i)-0 for x=0,4 do for y=1,GetContainerNumSlots(x) do  if (d>0) then l=GetContainerItemLink(x,y) if l and GetItemInfo(l)==i then PickupContainerItem(x,y) DeleteCursorItem() d=d-1 end end end end
    I was wondering there if there is a way to write a similar script that would for example in one click open every single "Sealed Crate" in my bags, instead of having to click every single one and loot the contents.

Castsequence not resetting with SHIFT

I am pulling my hair out over the reset function for cast sequence macros. I have been searching all the forums I can find on the topic, and I yet when I try my macro, it is not resetting properly. What I would like is to reset my macro when certain procs occur - like heroism or blessing of the celestials. I also need it to reset when I switch targets. Here is what I have so far, and maybe someone can offer an idea on how to make it reset when I press shift:

/castsequence [nochanneling:mind flay] reset=target/5/SHIFT shadow word: pain, vampiric touch, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay
    /cast shadowfiend
    /cast shadowcrawl
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoesgirls View Post
    I am pulling my hair out over the reset function for cast sequence macros. I have been searching all the forums I can find on the topic, and I yet when I try my macro, it is not resetting properly. What I would like is to reset my macro when certain procs occur - like heroism or blessing of the celestials. I also need it to reset when I switch targets. Here is what I have so far, and maybe someone can offer an idea on how to make it reset when I press shift:

/castsequence [nochanneling:mind flay] reset=target/5/SHIFT shadow word: pain, vampiric touch, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay, mind flay
    /cast shadowfiend
    /cast shadowcrawl
    Try putting "shift" in lowercase - many things in WoW are case sensitive.

Several requests (read back 20 pages and while I found a lot of really good idea's, nothing specific to what I'm looking for).

1. Would like a macro that sets my focus if I'm targeting a friendly player (and then returns to my last target), and casts Tricks of the Trade on my focus if I'm targeting an enemy.

* My thought-line is that before a raid pull I can target the main tank and hit my macro making him my focus. On pull I can hit my macro to tricks the tank. After the initial pull I can target a DPs raid member and hit my macro to switch focus, return to the boss, and from that point on the DPS will be getting my Tricks. Does that sound about right? Is there a better/smarter way to do this?

2. Would like a macro that mounts when stationary (using a random mount mod, command line /rmount), but that uses the Sprint ability if I'm in motion.

* If the only way to do this is with modifiers then no worries, I can do it. I'm hoping there is a clever way to handle it with 1 button push however.

3. General question, does the /startattack command do anything negative when spammed? So, if I set a macro up to cast Mutilate then /startattack, and just spammed the ability, would there be any downside? I just want to make sure I'm not resetting weapon swings or anything by using it.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by zoesgirls View Post

/cast shadowfiend
    /cast shadowcrawl
    I'm pretty sure reset on mod was removed in 4.0.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onoes View Post
    Several requests (read back 20 pages and while I found a lot of really good idea's, nothing specific to what I'm looking for).

1. Would like a macro that sets my focus if I'm targeting a friendly player (and then returns to my last target), and casts Tricks of the Trade on my focus if I'm targeting an enemy.

* My thought-line is that before a raid pull I can target the main tank and hit my macro making him my focus. On pull I can hit my macro to tricks the tank. After the initial pull I can target a DPs raid member and hit my macro to switch focus, return to the boss, and from that point on the DPS will be getting my Tricks. Does that sound about right? Is there a better/smarter way to do this?

2. Would like a macro that mounts when stationary (using a random mount mod, command line /rmount), but that uses the Sprint ability if I'm in motion.

* If the only way to do this is with modifiers then no worries, I can do it. I'm hoping there is a clever way to handle it with 1 button push however.

3. General question, does the /startattack command do anything negative when spammed? So, if I set a macro up to cast Mutilate then /startattack, and just spammed the ability, would there be any downside? I just want to make sure I'm not resetting weapon swings or anything by using it.

Thanks a lot for any help!
    1. As described:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [help]
    /cast Tricks of the Trade [@focus]
    What I use:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod][help][@Anonplayer] Tricks of the Trade
    With mod, it casts on focus; else if target is friendly, it casts on target; else, cast on a predetermined player. I set my focus as the tank usually (just target and type /focus) and I just put the highest DPS after @ on the last part.

2. Not possible to detect movement. I don't think mounting triggers the GCD either, so crazy things would happen. If that slash command accepts conditionals, use this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /rmount [mod]
    /cast [nomod] Sprint
    If it does not accept conditionals, use this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /rmount
    /stopmacro [mod]
    /cast Sprint
    3. /startattack doesn't really have a downside. It doesn't reset the swing timer; it just toggles it on. Just make sure the Mut on your stealth bar does not have /startattack. That can bring you out of stealth and you'll lose the free Mut. Here's what I use on both bars:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mutilate
    /cast [stealth] Pick Pocket
    /startattack [nostealth]
    /cast Mutilate
    If stealthed, it will pick pocket and then Mutilate; else if not stealthed, it will start attack and Mutilate. I have PP macroed to all my openers for the free cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Then you're SOL. You can only have #showtooltip show either the first (/use or /cast) or next (/castsequence) item or ability in the macro, or a specific item or ability, not a combination of the two. Closest I can get you is something like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Unbound Will; Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity
    /cast [mod:shift] Unbound Will
    /stopmacro [mod:shift]
    /castsequence reset=120/alt Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity, Unbound Will
    This will use the medallion on a regular press, then Unbound Will if it's pressed again within 120 seconds, or 2 minutes. If ALT is held while pressing the macro, it will forcibly reset the castsequence and use the medallion. While I don't think you'll need that, it's always a good idea to have a manual reset just in case. It will always display the icon, tooltip, and cooldown for the medallion, but if you hold shift, it will show you the icon, tooltip and cooldown of Unbound Will. Using the macro while shift is held will also use Unbound Will, regardless of whether medallion is available or not.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 09:11 AM ----------

Something similar was asked regarding a banner, and no, it can't be done. Enclosing my reply in that thread:
    Thanks, that's a good alternative.

looking for a macro that cycles through enemy frames and if at all possible resets after 1 or 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    looking for a macro that cycles through enemy frames and if at all possible resets after 1 or 2 seconds
    Erm. You mean like tab?

Wondering if it's possible to macro my first attack as Revealing Strike and then permanently cast Sinister Strike until I switch targets. I thought this might have worked but it doesn't.

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Revealing Strike, !Sinister Strike

Is there a way to cast an infinite amount of sinister strikes after the revealing strike?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Wondering if it's possible to macro my first attack as Revealing Strike and then permanently cast Sinister Strike until I switch targets. I thought this might have worked but it doesn't.

#showtooltip
    /startattack

Is there a way to cast an infinite amount of sinister strikes after the revealing strike?
    None that I'm aware of.
    Easy solution: modifier for Revealing Strike:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast [mod] Revealing Strike; Sinister Strike

Is it possible to create a macro that uses Demoralizing Banner and Intervens to it?

I'm trying something along the lines of:

#showtooltip Demoralizing Banner
    /cast [target="Demoralizing Banner"] Intervene
    /cast Demoralizing Banner

But it doesn't work. I've switched orders in the macro, tried without "", etc. Also banners are off the GCD.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /use [exists] Intervene; Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /use [exists] Intervene; Demoralizing Banner
    /targetlasttarget
    Works like a charm, thank you very much.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post

#showtooltip
    /startattack

!SpellName only works on toggleable abilities and actions. Examples would be, for example, !Burning Rush, !Shadowmeld, or !Bear Form.

As for "infinite sinister strikes", I would recommend Tearor's macro.

So I've been running with standard macros that look like these so far for my paladin lvl90 talent row.

#showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /use 10
    /cast Execution Sentence

Just replace ES with Light's Hammer or Holy Prism I suppose. What I'd like to do is combine all 3 spells into one macro, and have the tooltip update to show the spell I currently have specced into and then fire the spell itself. It's important my gloves are activated before the cast, due to lining up Synapse Springs with ES and such. So what I'm asking basically is:
    Can I make a single macro dynamically switch tooltip between Execution Sentence, Light's Hammer and Holy Prism depending which one I have specced, while using my gloves tinker first and then firing the specced spell?

Quote Originally Posted by horolet View Post
    So I've been running with standard macros that look like these so far for my paladin lvl90 talent row.

#showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /use 10
    /cast Execution Sentence

Just replace ES with Light's Hammer or Holy Prism I suppose. What I'd like to do is combine all 3 spells into one macro, and have the tooltip update to show the spell I currently have specced into and then fire the spell itself. It's important my gloves are activated before the cast, due to lining up Synapse Springs with ES and such. So what I'm asking basically is:
    Can I make a single macro dynamically switch tooltip between Execution Sentence, Light's Hammer and Holy Prism depending which one I have specced, while using my gloves tinker first and then firing the specced spell?
    A macro alone can't do this. An addon solution was discussed a few pages back. I don't believe one exists currently, but the API is supposedly there.