Well, the tooltip seemed to work but using the actual spell didn't. I did make a slight modification though because it was necessary.

I changed

/use Holy Prism
    /use Execution Sentence

to

/castsequence [@player] Holy Prism
    /castsequence [@target] Execution Sentence

I removed the lights hammer because I have it on another key.

Also, is it intentional you didn't have a G by execution sentence and had it by prism and lights hammer?

Hi, i need a macro that pops up stopwatch and count's down from 2 minutes every time i use my pvp trinket ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=84940/ma...e-of-dominance)

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Also, is it intentional you didn't have a G by execution sentence and had it by prism and lights hammer?
    Should be a G there too.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Elect0 View Post
    Hi, i need a macro that pops up stopwatch and count's down from 2 minutes every time i use my pvp trinket
    /use TRINKET (use 13 = upper trinket, use 14 = lower trinket, or just use the name)
    /sw 2:00
    /sw play

I'm looking for a macro that would mark the adds at Wind Lord Mel'jarak.
    The best would be to mark 2 Trappers 1 Blademaster and 2 Battle Menders

Probably something similar has been asked before but don't have time to read all 200 pages (yes am that lazy) so bear with me. I have been trying to make a macro for my warlock that would cast Soulburn: Seed of Corruption when shift is down and just the normal Seed of Corruption without the shift modifier. Have had trouble making the modifier macros work before too..can't remember the right conditionals and the way they were suppose to be ordered for the macro to actually work. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help.

ps. a general "macro with modifier" example that would be easy to just fill out with whatever you need would be appreciated

edit: typos..

I usually dont make macros and i can't make this one to work... I use vuhdo to heal and i want to

a) if control key is pressed cast holy prism to the mouseover (the one i'm pointing @vuhdo)
    b) if nothing is pressed cast holy prism to the target of the mouseover.

I've tryed this but it's not working right:

/use [nomod][@mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    /use [mod:ctrl][@mouseover] Holy Prism

Anyone can help?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I usually dont make macros and i can't make this one to work... I use vuhdo to heal and i want to

a) if control key is pressed cast holy prism to the mouseover (the one i'm pointing @vuhdo)

Anyone can help?

thanks!

I use Vuhdo to heal on my priest too. Have you tried entering the macro (dragging it from the macros) to the Vuhdo binds setup slot for macro? to ctrl+right mouse button or ctr+left mousebutton. I remember I had some trouble getting macros to Vuhdo but then I eventually discovered how it's done :]

Edit: Also remember that for macros to work on Vuhdo I think you need to use "Vuhdo" as the target in your macro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfThePast View Post
    Probably something similar has been asked before but don't have time to read all 200 pages (yes am that lazy) so bear with me. I have been trying to make a macro for my warlock that would cast Soulburn: Seed of Corruption when shift is down and just the normal Seed of Corruption without the shift modifier. Have had trouble making the modifier macros work before too..can't remember the right conditionals and the way they were suppose to be ordered for the macro to actually work. Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help.

ps. a general "macro with modifier" example that would be easy to just fill out with whatever you need would be appreciated

edit: typos..
    Code:
    /cast [mod:Shift] Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption
    Please be aware to NOT spam this macro if you hold shift down and can't cast (e.g you are moving) it will burn your soulshards. But should work as intended when you stand still.
    To briefly explain what this macro does: It will cast Seed of Corruption (or tries to) anytime you click it, if you hold down shift it will automatically use your soulburn ability before the cast occurs, which means you cast "Soulburn: Seed of Corruption".

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post

Anyone can help?

thanks!
    I am not familiar with vuhdo so I don't know if it accepts the normal conditions (heal bot doesn't). You made a mistake with the conditionals, you need to group the conditionals in one pair of brackets, if you do it in two different this means if first conditional [mod:ctrl] is true, cast Holy Prism (with no specification, that means to your current target), if false then use second conditonal [@mouseover], which will cast your Holy Prism on your mouseover target BUT not when you are holding down your ctrl key.
    Code:
    /cast [nomod, @mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] Holy Prism

or (cosmetic change)

/cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover][@mouseovertarget] Holy Prism
    EDIT: misunderstood something and changed it.
    Last edited by sshika; 2012-11-02 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sshika
    Code:
    /cast [mod:Shift] Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption
    Thanks :] It seems I might have been pretty close in getting it right but messed it up with some unnecessary stuff.

Ps. I'm quite sure what you told the other poster is true only that the target in all the macros should be "Vuhdo" if it is intended to work with Vuhdo. I'm pretty sure about this one since I have done the same things on my Vuhdo

Thanks a lot guys! Works great!

Combining trinkets with delay in one macro?

Hey

Is it possible to create a macro for using these two trinkets Hawkmaster's Talon and Jade Bandit Figurine but on different times?

Since the CD is only 1 minute on both and lasts for 15 sec one would get an average 1797 haste. So the problem is to macro these to for instance Jab (monk spam ability) but with a like say 30 sec timer in between them so that the haste buff is spread out over the minute.

Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Epaconny View Post
    Hey

Is it possible to create a macro for using these two trinkets Hawkmaster's Talon and Jade Bandit Figurine but on different times?

Since the CD is only 1 minute on both and lasts for 15 sec one would get an average 1797 haste. So the problem is to macro these to for instance Jab (monk spam ability) but with a like say 30 sec timer in between them so that the haste buff is spread out over the minute.

Possible?
    Trinkets trigger a 30 sec cooldown on the other on-use trinket to prevent using them together. You can macro them in your spell together
    Code:
    /cast Jab
    /use 13
    /use 14
    13 is the upper trinket, 14 the lower, you can also replace the numbers to the trinkets names if you like it better. When you hit it for the first time it will use your first trinket which gives a 30 sec cooldown to the second one. Same goes for the second use after 30 sec.

I've tried to make a Nature's Swiftness/Healing Touch macro, but everytime I hit it, it takes me out of kitty. If anyone can help, many thanks will be bestowed upon you.

/cast [form:3] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [form:3] Healing Touch

Also trying to get a macro that casts Wild Charge, Incarnation, & Ravage one after the other, then keeps casting Ravage after that.
    Last edited by Da Baws; 2012-11-04 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frequency
    It's not the government's job to protect me from myself, as much as they believe it is, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    I've tried to make a Nature's Swiftness/Healing Touch macro, but everytime I hit it, it takes me out of kitty. If anyone can help, many thanks will be bestowed upon you.
    /cast [form:3] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [form:3] Healing Touch
    It seems that it is a bug with the ns heal not recognizing you casted ns in the same second. So what I've found
    Code:
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1
    You have to press it twice, but it just turns off the autounshift and at the turns it on again at the end. If you click one time on this macro or when your ns is on cooldown you will see the error message "You are in shapeshift Form".
    As a bonus you can spam this macro when you don't have ns up and won't get unshifted (if predator's swiftness is getting purged or fading as feral)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    Also trying to get a macro that casts Wild Charge, Incarnation, & Ravage one after the other, then keeps casting Ravage after that.
    Incarnation and Ravage are both on the gcd it's not possible. (actually would be with castsequence and add a lot of ravages at the end, but seriously don't)
    You can macro wild charge and incarnation together, but have a second keybind for ravage, it's really not that much.

Im looking to get my ressurection macro to work.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Revive
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(20484)==0 and UnitInRange("target")then SendChatMessage("..GetSpellLink(20484)..""..UnitName("target"),"RAID")end
    /cast [@mouseover,help,dead][]Rebirth
    What it does:
    Out of combat, uses revive.
    In combat, uses rebirth. But it doesnt post if the ress succeeds. What can cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Revive
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(20484)==0 and UnitInRange("target")then SendChatMessage("..GetSpellLink(20484)..""..UnitName("target"),"RAID")end
    What it does:
    In combat, uses rebirth. But it doesnt post if the ress succeeds. What can cause this?
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat] Revive
    /stop macro [nocombat]
    /cast Rebirth
    /ra Rebirth on %t

is what I use, it is pretty much the same thing.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

The Patient
    Try UnitInRange("mouseover") since you're doing it from unitframes I'm guessing not by manually targeting a corpse.

You test for "target" but you cast on "mouseover" and only if that doesn't exist your target, that's probably the reason it wouldn't announce most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Revive
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    What it does:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Revive
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /run local b={select(1,GetSpellCooldown(20484))}if b[1]==0 and UnitInRange("target")then SendChatMessage(GetSpellLink(20484)..""..UnitName("target"),"RAID")end
    This should work, and btw. it doesn't announce it when it succeeds but when you are casting it (at least not on cooldown and target in range).

Why do you wrap a table around the return value from select? And select(1,...) is kind of redundant since that just passes on ...? Your code makes no sense to me.
    Also, it has the same issue as all the ones above it in that it won't account for mouseover targetting on the Rebirth cast. That one, however, makes it impossible (for me, at least) to get the macro below the 255 character limit without losing functionality.

The closest that I got was the following at 293 characters:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat]Revive
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /run local s,_,u=20484,SecureCmdOptionParse("[@mouseover,help,dead][@target]")if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 and UnitInRange(u)then SendChatMessage(GetSpellLink(s).." -> "..UnitName(u),"RAID")end
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work