Quote Originally Posted by trimbleepic View Post
    /castsequence reset=6 Shadow Form, x
    /cast Mind Blast, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
    This macro wouldn't work at all unless everything I know about macros is wrong.

Narnia, in your wardrobe watching you sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This macro wouldn't work at all unless everything I know about macros is wrong.
    Just tried it on my priest, and it does not work.
    It skips the first cast sequence completely and just starts using mind blast right away.

Edit, well wad'ya know, it actually does work, didn't notice he wrote "shadow form" instead of "shadowform"
    Last edited by madorable; 2012-11-22 at 12:20 PM.

Hi, I am trying to make the following macro for my priest:
    Whenever I cast flash heal I want my macro to cast inner focus before the heal. The problem is, when i use:
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal
    then I am unable to cast flash heal when inner focus is on cooldown. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickghost View Post
    Whenever I cast flash heal I want my macro to cast inner focus before the heal. The problem is, when i use:
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal
    then I am unable to cast flash heal when inner focus is on cooldown. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    Unfortunately, not really - the macro is designed not to be able to detect if inner focus is on cooldown.
    Closest you can get is with a modifier (control in this example), normal press uses flash heal, ctrl+press uses inner focus then flash heal.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Inner Focus
    /cast Flash Heal
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Hey all! Is it possible to make a @mouseover macro with modifiers in it?

Mouseover click = skill1
    Mouseover shift click = skill2

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Hey all! Is it possible to make a @mouseover macro with modifiers in it?

Mouseover click = skill1
    Mouseover shift click = skill2
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, mod:shift] Skill2; [@mouseover] Skill1
    ideally you'd put some more options in there, to cover cases like "I don't have a mouseover" / "SkillX is a healing spell but I'm mouseovering an enemy" and so on.
    If you specify more exactly what the macro si supposed to do we can help you out.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Unfortunately, not really - the macro is designed not to be able to detect if inner focus is on cooldown.
    Closest you can get is with a modifier (control in this example), normal press uses flash heal, ctrl+press uses inner focus then flash heal.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Inner Focus
    /cast Flash Heal
    Thanks for this I had the same question

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, mod:shift] Skill2; [@mouseover] Skill1
    ideally you'd put some more options in there, to cover cases like "I don't have a mouseover" / "SkillX is a healing spell but I'm mouseovering an enemy" and so on.
    If you specify more exactly what the macro si supposed to do we can help you out.
    It's not ideal to have macros that cover all the cases. The player, a human being, doesn't always want this, especially when modifiers come in (with different spells). When you press shift you know what you are casting and what target you need.
    I don't support the automating of actions (e.g. castsequence, cast1 when enemy or cast2 when friend) at all, why should I play the game when the game plays for me? But I won't blame on people who like and use these kind of macros.

This may be a PvE issue, I might be wrong but I've never heard of a PvP player using these kind of macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickghost View Post
    /cast inner focus
    /cast flash heal

Thanks
    Code:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /use [combat] Inner Focus
    /cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead][target=target, help, nodead][target=player] Flash Heal

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    It's not ideal to have macros that cover all the cases. The player, a human being, doesn't always want this, especially when modifiers come in (with different spells). When you press shift you know what you are casting and what target you need.
    I don't support the automating of actions (e.g. castsequence, cast1 when enemy or cast2 when friend) at all, why should I play the game when the game plays for me? But I won't blame on people who like and use these kind of macros.

This may be a PvE issue, I might be wrong but I've never heard of a PvP player using these kind of macros.
    You can save a lot of keybinds by doubling up harm (offensive spell) and help (healing spell) abilities on one hotkey. This is more important for certain classes (hybrids and healers that have a million abilities) and is certainly not considered automation.

Castsequence is limited enough that it doesn't really come into play most of the time. You can't automate anymore to the level, say, Hunters could in Wrath. One button, nearly optimal rotation made Naxx even more boring.

xD Another request.

Any chance it's possible for a macro to use Chi Wave on myself, without removing my target or casting it on my target, and when I right click, having it act like normal? (So if I'm targeting someone else and right click, it uses it on them)

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    xD Another request.

Any chance it's possible for a macro to use Chi Wave on myself, without removing my target or casting it on my target, and when I right click, having it act like normal? (So if I'm targeting someone else and right click, it uses it on them)
    Code:
    /cast [button:2][@player] Chi Wave
    I advise you start binding and stop clicking, but that macro should work as described: r-click for normal use; else cast on self.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Code:
    /cast [button:2][@player] Chi Wave
    I advise you start binding and stop clicking, but that macro should work as described: r-click for normal use; else cast on self.
    Yeah aside from the fact that clicking buttons as a healer is excruciatingly bad, that's not really an advisable way to utilize chi wave. Since it will heal 4 times regardless of whether you start it on a friend or foe, its purpose in your arsensal is a set-and-forget smart heal. I advise, whether you're a healer tank or dps, you look into keybindings and some good raid frames.

Does any 1 know of a macro for a feral druid that will combined thrash an swipe to 1 keybind. In other words with 1 click it cast swipe, an using a mob for shift to cast thrash
    Last edited by Retroh; 2012-11-24 at 10:17 PM.

Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

Narnia, in your wardrobe watching you sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Need a macro for several fly mounts (Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, and some more i might feel like using), and also for some ground mounts (Huntsman Horse, Raven Lord, etc).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    A bit more information would be nice.
    Does it need to select a random mount, do you want a different modifier for different mounts, etc.

Modifier, how so? I just want a macro to cicle through some of my fly mounts, in this case: Onyxia, Cloud Serpent, etc. The same for ground mounts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

I'm having some problems with my mouseover macros. I'm using the same macro for (example) Soothing Mist and Life Cocoon
    Code:
    #showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Soothing Mist
    Code:
    #showtooltip Life Cocoon
    /use [target=mouseover, exists] Life Cocoon
    Yet, when ever I try and use Life Cocoon I get an error message saying it's an invalid target or the spell isn't ready yet (when I'm mouse overing a friendly target and it is off CD).
    If it matters I'm also having similar problems with some of my "hand" spells on my Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah aside from the fact that clicking buttons as a healer is excruciatingly bad, that's not really an advisable way to utilize chi wave. Since it will heal 4 times regardless of whether you start it on a friend or foe, its purpose in your arsensal is a set-and-forget smart heal. I advise, whether you're a healer tank or dps, you look into keybindings and some good raid frames.
    It's meant for PvP as a Brewmaster. :P

And I click a LOT faster than I can ever keybind.

Just because you are faster at keybinds does not mean everyone else is.

When I heal, I use Grid + Clique. Works fine. But as said, this is meant for PvP. :P Where I do want it to heal me before it hits an enemy, unless I need it to heal someone else first.

Is it possible to make a macro that casts a spell at your target only if your target is not an arena unit (arena1, 2, 3)