Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Very much appreciated![COLOR="red"]

Thanks very much for this. Can I ask, what are the [harm] and [help] conditions for then? It seems to me like you could get by without every using those. Or is it so if you macro [help] with execution sentence, you'd never be able to cast it on an enemy, only to HOT a friend?
    You're exactly right. If, say, you wanted the mouseover part to only work for friends, you'd use "help". Let's say on my druid, I have my healing spells macroed with /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][].
    "Exists" works in this case because Exec Sent can be cast on friend or foe.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know a way that I can use a macro to announce an ability use, but, if on CD will not do/announce anything.

For example:

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /ra <- Barkskin Used - 20% red dmg for 12secs ->

The problem is that it (ofc) announces it to /ra even if the macro is clicked and the ability was on CD. Is there any way around that? Cheers for the help!

Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know a way that I can use a macro to announce an ability use, but, if on CD will not do/announce anything.

For example:

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /ra <- Barkskin Used - 20% red dmg for 12secs ->

The problem is that it (ofc) announces it to /ra even if the macro is clicked and the ability was on CD. Is there any way around that? Cheers for the help!

Nav
    For this purpose, it's better to get an addon (Raeli's spell announcer for example).
    A macro can't easily detect cooldowns.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You're exactly right. If, say, you wanted the mouseover part to only work for friends, you'd use "help". Let's say on my druid, I have my healing spells macroed with /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][].
    "Exists" works in this case because Exec Sent can be cast on friend or foe.
    I've actually tried it and have 2 problems

1. Holding down ALT does not cast it on myself. I'm not sure why. In my options, I've checked that ALT is set to self-cast and the "enable auto self cast" option below that is checked. But its still not casting on myself. This is the most pressing problem.

2. It doesn't seem to prioritize a mouseover > selected target. For example, I'm chopping down an enemy. I hover my mouse over my buddy, and hit the macro, but it casts it on my enemy instead.

Could I get a diagnosis on whats wrong? Thanks ))

Hey guys. I need a macro for rbgs. So, I need a macro to target my targetcaller's target. But I don't want to use assist macros. I would like the macro to work like this: Let's suppose that my target caller's name is Noob, so I want to click on the macro, and I will get noob's target. The macro can't also be used with focus targt. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Hey guys. I need a macro for rbgs. So, I need a macro to target my targetcaller's target. But I don't want to use assist macros. I would like the macro to work like this: Let's suppose that my target caller's name is Noob, so I want to click on the macro, and I will get noob's target. The macro can't also be used with focus targt. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks. =)
    I'm fairly certain you can use this:
    Code:
    /target [@Noob-target]

I have no idea if this is possible but if it is, I would love a macro that did the following.
    1. Looked at my bags to see how much I had of certian items.
    2. preformed some basic math with those numbers
    3. told me the result in chat. (say is perfectly fine)

The math I want to do is (Number of Starlight Inks in bags)+(Number of Misty Pigment/2)+(number of ink of dreams/10)+(number of shadow pigment/20)

my scribe just hit 90 and he's been stockpiling scrolls so being able to see when I can make a new card with a quick button push would be nice. It's a quality of life macro for me, nothing I can't do on my own, would just be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I'm fairly certain you can use this:
    Code:
    /target [@Noob-target]
    Thank you so much! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I have no idea if this is possible but if it is, I would love a macro that did the following.
    1. Looked at my bags to see how much I had of certian items.
    2. preformed some basic math with those numbers
    3. told me the result in chat. (say is perfectly fine)

The math I want to do is (Number of Starlight Inks in bags)+(Number of Misty Pigment/2)+(number of ink of dreams/10)+(number of shadow pigment/20)

my scribe just hit 90 and he's been stockpiling scrolls so being able to see when I can make a new card with a quick button push would be nice. It's a quality of life macro for me, nothing I can't do on my own, would just be nice.
    Code:
    /run local c=GetItemCount print(c(79255)+c(79253)/2+c(111645)/10+c(79251)/20)
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run local c=GetItemCount print(c(79255)+c(79253)/2+c(111645)/10+c(79251)/20)
    Awesome! Works like a charm thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I've actually tried it and have 2 problems

1. Holding down ALT does not cast it on myself. I'm not sure why. In my options, I've checked that ALT is set to self-cast and the "enable auto self cast" option below that is checked. But its still not casting on myself. This is the most pressing problem.

2. It doesn't seem to prioritize a mouseover > selected target. For example, I'm chopping down an enemy. I hover my mouse over my buddy, and hit the macro, but it casts it on my enemy instead.

Could I get a diagnosis on whats wrong? Thanks ))
    1. No idea, if you're sure ALT+that keybind isn't bound anywhere.
    If you have a helpful mouseover, it'd still have priority over yourself even if you press alt. To change that, put a nomod or nomod:alt into that @mouseover bracket.

2. It should though, if the mouseover is a "green" target. Check for spelling errors maybe.
    So that essentially means that the mouseover part is not working?

So.. I recently started playing my Shaman again, and have now come to realise that I'd like to be able to recall specific totems, since it seems we can do that, now. Is there a way to cancel/recall only my water totem via a macro, but not any other totems?

Been looking around and am unable to find what i am looking for :-/

I want to make my healers aware of the debuff i get from Dark Bargain.

#showtooltip
    /use Dark Bargain

Then when the effect ends and i get the debuff, i'd like a /say Dark Bargain Debuff or similar.

Is this possible?

Field Marshal
    Currently my Stormstrike macro says this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm]

Now, I'm cleaning up my UI and button layout a bit and I'm combine skills under the same button. Using shift as the modifier button. Here would be an example:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Stormstrike; [mod:shift]Spirit Walk
    /startattack [harm]

The problem is, I don't want to start attacking when I cast Spirit Walk. I have no idea how to write the macro to accomplish this. I've done some searching online, but none of the tutorials address this.

Hey all, need a little insight on druid stance macros. Basically, I want to have one button be Growl when in bear form, but be Entangling Roots in all other forms. How would one do this? (no mods)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    So.. I recently started playing my Shaman again, and have now come to realise that I'd like to be able to recall specific totems, since it seems we can do that, now. Is there a way to cancel/recall only my water totem via a macro, but not any other totems?
    Code:
    /run DestroyTotem(1)
    Replace "1" with the totem you wish to destroy:

1 - Fire
    2 - Earth
    3 - Water
    4 - Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Krold View Post
    Been looking around and am unable to find what i am looking for :-/

I want to make my healers aware of the debuff i get from Dark Bargain.

#showtooltip
    /use Dark Bargain

Then when the effect ends and i get the debuff, i'd like a /say Dark Bargain Debuff or similar.

Is this possible?
    I don't think you'll be able to do this with a macro, there are several addons that can do this for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot123 View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Stormstrike; [mod:shift]Spirit Walk
    /startattack [harm]

The problem is, I don't want to start attacking when I cast Spirit Walk. I have no idea how to write the macro to accomplish this. I've done some searching online, but none of the tutorials address this.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Spirit Walk; Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm,nomod]
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Hey all, need a little insight on druid stance macros. Basically, I want to have one button be Growl when in bear form, but be Entangling Roots in all other forms. How would one do this? (no mods)
    Code:
    /use [form:1] Growl; Entangling Roots
    Here you can read more about the form conditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Spirit Walk; Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm,nomod]
    Just a tiny addition on this one, in case he uses (in any way) ctrl or alt with this macro: I would specify /startattack [harm, nomod:shift].

Im looking for a macro that can let me scroll out further then the maximum range. I currently use this:

/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.3

The problem with this one is that I need to click it and scroll out everytime I log in. Is there a macro that saves this option? If not, are there addons?

Code:
    /use [form:1] Growl; Entangling Roots
    Here you can read more about the form conditional.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    as the other response said it is a prblem with the queueing system. All you have to do is add /use 10 to both ends ends

/use 10
    /use Lightning Bolt
    /use 10
    Hello, I have problems with this as well and adding another /use at the end didn't help me at all. I still get only Lightning Bolt casts when spamming this macro. There is apparently another way using /castsequence Trinket_Name, Lightning Bolt but I don't like this as castsequence is very clumsy and has a delay before it actually casts the spell. Is there some easy solution that I am missing?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman