Deleted
    Been looking around and am unable to find what i am looking for :-/

I want to make my healers aware of the debuff i get from Dark Bargain.

#showtooltip
    /use Dark Bargain

Then when the effect ends and i get the debuff, i'd like a /say Dark Bargain Debuff or similar.

Is this possible?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently my Stormstrike macro says this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm]

Now, I'm cleaning up my UI and button layout a bit and I'm combine skills under the same button. Using shift as the modifier button. Here would be an example:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Stormstrike; [mod:shift]Spirit Walk
    /startattack [harm]

The problem is, I don't want to start attacking when I cast Spirit Walk. I have no idea how to write the macro to accomplish this. I've done some searching online, but none of the tutorials address this.

Hey all, need a little insight on druid stance macros. Basically, I want to have one button be Growl when in bear form, but be Entangling Roots in all other forms. How would one do this? (no mods)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    So.. I recently started playing my Shaman again, and have now come to realise that I'd like to be able to recall specific totems, since it seems we can do that, now. Is there a way to cancel/recall only my water totem via a macro, but not any other totems?
    Code:
    /run DestroyTotem(1)
    Replace "1" with the totem you wish to destroy:

1 - Fire
    2 - Earth
    3 - Water
    4 - Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Krold View Post
    Been looking around and am unable to find what i am looking for :-/

I want to make my healers aware of the debuff i get from Dark Bargain.

#showtooltip
    /use Dark Bargain

Then when the effect ends and i get the debuff, i'd like a /say Dark Bargain Debuff or similar.

Is this possible?
    I don't think you'll be able to do this with a macro, there are several addons that can do this for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot123 View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod]Stormstrike; [mod:shift]Spirit Walk
    /startattack [harm]

The problem is, I don't want to start attacking when I cast Spirit Walk. I have no idea how to write the macro to accomplish this. I've done some searching online, but none of the tutorials address this.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Spirit Walk; Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm,nomod]
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Hey all, need a little insight on druid stance macros. Basically, I want to have one button be Growl when in bear form, but be Entangling Roots in all other forms. How would one do this? (no mods)
    Code:
    /use [form:1] Growl; Entangling Roots
    Here you can read more about the form conditional.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Spirit Walk; Stormstrike
    /startattack [harm,nomod]
    Just a tiny addition on this one, in case he uses (in any way) ctrl or alt with this macro: I would specify /startattack [harm, nomod:shift].

Deleted
    Im looking for a macro that can let me scroll out further then the maximum range. I currently use this:

/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 2.3

The problem with this one is that I need to click it and scroll out everytime I log in. Is there a macro that saves this option? If not, are there addons?

Code:
    /use [form:1] Growl; Entangling Roots
    Here you can read more about the form conditional.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    as the other response said it is a prblem with the queueing system. All you have to do is add /use 10 to both ends ends

/use 10
    /use Lightning Bolt
    /use 10
    Hello, I have problems with this as well and adding another /use at the end didn't help me at all. I still get only Lightning Bolt casts when spamming this macro. There is apparently another way using /castsequence Trinket_Name, Lightning Bolt but I don't like this as castsequence is very clumsy and has a delay before it actually casts the spell. Is there some easy solution that I am missing?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Deleted
    Hey.

I'm trying to get a macro that casts kidney shot, but with a shift modifier cast crimson tempest.
    This is the kind of macro I'm currently using, but replacing rupture with crimson tempest doesn't work.

#showtooltip [nomod] Shiv; [mod:shift] Rupture
    /cast [nomod] Shiv; [mod:shift] Rupture
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Hey.

I'm trying to get a macro that casts kidney shot, but with a shift modifier cast crimson tempest.
    This is the kind of macro I'm currently using, but replacing rupture with crimson tempest doesn't work.

#showtooltip [nomod] Shiv; [mod:shift] Rupture
    /cast [nomod] Shiv; [mod:shift] Rupture
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Tips?
    I can't see anything wrong with that macro, perhaps you have some spelling errors? Anyhow, here's one that saves a few more characters
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Crimson Tempest; Kidney Shot
    /startattack
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Deleted
    Hello guys,
    currently i'm using this macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Carrion Swarm
    /stopcasting
    /use [nostance] Metamorphosis
    /use Carrion Swarm
    BUT
    what i need is:
    a 1 button macro for carrion swarm.

if i'm in human form,
    meta + carrion swarm. Is possible in 1 global?

If i'm in meta form
    cast carrion swarm.

U helped a lot in the past, so thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    Hello guys,
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /use Carrion Swarm
    BUT
    what i need is:

if i'm in human form,

If i'm in meta form
    cast carrion swarm.

What you have already is about as good as you can get, you can't do it with a single click because by the time the macro comes to the line of casting Carrion Swarm is still hasn't registered that you've entered Metamorphosis and this wouldn't change with any changes to the macro. You simply have to double tap or spam the macro until you cast Carrion Swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    Hello guys,
    Code:
    /stopcasting
    /use Carrion Swarm
    BUT
    what i need is:

if i'm in human form,

If i'm in meta form
    cast carrion swarm.

Your macro should work, and is exactly what you demand.
    But you have to spam it (press twice) to get the expected result because of the short delay of switching into demon form.

Deleted
    u are right..... IS working! I don't know why wasn't working before! Thx anyway!

Deleted
    Ok, from a few pages back we have a macro to use talent from the same tier depending on what we have at that time
    my question is: is there any way to make that macro to work with a modifier and show the tooltip?
    i want it for my warrior to use either dragon roar or shockwave without any modifier and piercing howl with alt modifier
    i tried this :

/use [nomod] shocwave
    /use [nomod] dragon roar
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t60", G"shockwave" or G"dragon roar")
    /cast [mod:alt] piercing howl

but didnt show the piercing howl tooltip, although it actually casted it.

I'm new to macros and have no idea if this is possible, but i'm looking for a macro that automatically drops my healing sphere under me. AS a low level monk tank, the self healing is insane, but I hate having to keybind+click to make the sphere appear. is there any way around this? Many thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calimmacil View Post
    Ok, from a few pages back we have a macro to use talent from the same tier depending on what we have at that time
    my question is: is there any way to make that macro to work with a modifier and show the tooltip?
    i want it for my warrior to use either dragon roar or shockwave without any modifier and piercing howl with alt modifier
    i tried this :

/use [nomod] shocwave
    /use [nomod] dragon roar
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t60", G"shockwave" or G"dragon roar")
    /cast [mod:alt] piercing howl

but didnt show the piercing howl tooltip, although it actually casted it.
    Would be really really annoying to do (and certainly wouldn't fit into a macro).

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arisolo View Post
    I'm new to macros and have no idea if this is possible, but i'm looking for a macro that automatically drops my healing sphere under me. AS a low level monk tank, the self healing is insane, but I hate having to keybind+click to make the sphere appear. is there any way around this? Many thanks.
    No, not possible. Macros can't click the 3D world.

2 questions:

I want to make a macro for Smite that has alt modifier for Holy Fire that i can use while mousing over my Grid targets.

And other one is macro for Penance on mouseover target (again mostly Grid frame) and with alt modifier it casts it on my mouseovers target (usually enemy).

Are those possible?

Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    2 questions:

I want to make a macro for Smite that has alt modifier for Holy Fire that i can use while mousing over my Grid targets.

And other one is macro for Penance on mouseover target (again mostly Grid frame) and with alt modifier it casts it on my mouseovers target (usually enemy).

Are those possible?
    Do you want Smite/Holy Fire on your target or your mouseover's target? If you want it on your target, simply remove the @mouseovertarget part.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt,harm] Holy Fire; [@mouseovertarget,harm][] Smite
    You say your mouseover usually targets an enemy, what do you want it to do if it doesn't?

If mouseovertarget is friendly, casts on mouseover even with alt pressed:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt,harm][@mouseover,help,nodead][] Penance
    Casts on mouseovertarget, no matter what affiliation, when alt is pressed. If mouseover does not have a target it casts on mouseover:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt,exists][@mouseover,help,nodead][] Penance
    Casts on mouseovertarget, no matter what affiliation, when alt is pressed. Macro casts nothing if mouseover does not have a target when alt is pressed:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt][@mouseover,help,nodead][] Penance
    Casts on mouseovertarget only if it's an enemy. Macro casts nothing if mouseover does not have a target when alt is pressed:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt,harm][@mouseover,help,nodead,nomod:alt][nomod:alt] Penance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I can't see anything wrong with that macro, perhaps you have some spelling errors? Anyhow, here's one that saves a few more characters
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Crimson Tempest; Kidney Shot
    /startattack
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    Yours had the same effect as mine: kidney works, but when you hold down shift for a tempest it doesn't do anything.
    I can see the crimson tempest icon, I can click it while holding shift and it performs the attack.

I dunno man.