Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Make sure shift+ that bind isn't bound to something else already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Additionally, remember num pad keys (usually bound to the naga) do not play nicely with shift.
    Thanks. I had "Action Page 5", whatever that is, bound to shift+5.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Xer View Post
    Try these:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@party2][mod:alt,@party3][mod:ctrl,@party4][nomod,@party1]Hand of Freedom
    Code:
    /cast [mod: shift,@arena2][mod: alt,@arena3][nomod, @arena1]Hamer of Justice
    Which is which depends on how Gladius is set up I think. Just try it out.
    Ah, so I should just put them in one line Thanks for the help!

#showtooltip
    /use [@mouseovertarget,mod:alt,harm][@target,mod:alt,harm][@mouseover,mod:alt,harm]Holy Fire; [@mouseovertarget,harm][@target,harm][@mouseover,harm] Smite
    @target is obsolete and can be left out.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Stood in the Fire
    I would like macro for 2 trinkets, normal alliance pvp trinket and 5.1 pandaria pvp trinket. This macro would use and show tooltip for one that is equipped (there is only 1 equipped at time).

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but i have been through fifty pages of forums and need to get to sleep before the sun comes up. My Appologies.

Two Questions:

1. ) I just started playing disc again and it seems that most of my macros still work with minimal changes, however my penance macro only works on mouse-over, the @target and @player do not work at all. a) do i need to crate separate statements for both harm and help for @target? b) why does the @player not work (i'm assuming it has something to do with the harm/help thing again? somehow? idekmybffjill? lolwtfbbq?)?

here's my current macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,nodead][target=target,exists,nodead][target=player] Penance;

The @ player didn't work in cata either but i learned to live with it, I would love to find a way to make it work for either friendly or unfriendly targets without a modifier or a second keybind if possible.

2. ) What is the best way to make a macro for Black Arrow @Elegon without having to drop my focus, or somehow be able to get my original focus back without serious hassle. does that make sense?

i'm 95% sure you can't just do a fancy version of: /cast [@elegon] black arrow

and i need to keep my focus so i can MD the adds that spawn to a kiter. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance, you guys are great!
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

@Sirtus

#showtooltip
    /use 13 or 14 depending on which trinket slot.

@Mr.Pineapple:

1:
    I'm not sure if nodead implies exists, but if it does not you could try changing your first macro to:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,exists,nodead][@player] Penance

2:
    Maybe boss1 is an accepted condition? I know it works in Weakauras. In that case:
    /use [@boss1] Black Arrow
    Last edited by Panacia; 2012-12-16 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    @Mr.Pineapple:

1:
    I'm not sure if nodead implies exists, but if it does not you could try changing your first macro to:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,exists,nodead][@player] Penance
    the mouse-over is the part that DOES work, it's the other two parts that don't work, tyt.

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post

2:
    Maybe boss1 is an accepted condition? I know it works in Weakauras. In that case:
    /use [@boss1] Black Arrow
    i will try that. thnx

new question, how big of a deal is /cast vs. /use that i see everywhere? is it new macro tech or...
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pineapple View Post
    the mouse-over is the part that DOES work, it's the other two parts that don't work, tyt.

i will try that. thnx

new question, how big of a deal is /cast vs. /use that i see everywhere? is it new macro tech or...
    Yes, but if the mouseover part is always true it will never move past that to the next condition.
    /use and /cast are interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pineapple View Post

1. )a) do i need to crate separate statements for both harm and help for @target?
    No, should work as intended.

About the mouseover, what Panacia suggested in the 2nd post was what I was thinking about. IF nodead wouldn't imply exists, then his addition [@mouseover,exists,nodead] should make the macro work (i.e. jump to the 2nd and 3rd condition if you have no mouseover).
    Also, @target is redundant.
    So please try this macro and tell us if it still doesn't work:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][exists,nodead][@player] Penance
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

The raid frames that i am using for a year now,since patch have some sort of delay i wanted to test the default raid frames once again.
    But they don't show some stuff i would want them to show.
    Picked up a script from Kollektivs stream.It's showing water shield on default raid frame as a shaman,while as priest inner fire inner will.
    Code:
    /script function CompactUnitFrame_UtilShouldDisplayBuff(a,b,c)local _,_,_,_,_,d,_,e,_,f,_,g=UnitBuff(a,b,c)if UnitAffectingCombat("player") then return (e=="player" or e=="pet") and not f and d > 0 and g; else return g end end

Is there a way to use a similar script for my Divine Aegis in order to apear on raid frames?
    Last edited by Louna; 2012-12-18 at 09:20 AM.

Pit Lord
    Try these:
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@party2][mod:alt,@party3][mod:ctrl,@party4][nomod,@party1]Hand of Freedom
    Code:
    /cast [mod: shift,@arena2][mod: alt,@arena3][nomod, @arena1]Hamer of Justice
    Which is which depends on how Gladius is set up I think. Just try it out.
    I was doing some arena yesterday, and well - the assist party members macro didnt work when I used modifiers : / Worked perfect when I wasnt holding any modifier though, so atleast my warrior buddy got his freedoms :P

*EDIT*
    Just noticed a difference between those two macros - the party assist one got no space between [mod:shift], but the HoJ on arena got it ( [mod: shift] ). I did not try the HoJ macro, as a simple focus on does the trick for me, will be helpfull for those matches I play with Repentance though

Is that the problem here? That the party assist one got that minor problem with no space between mod and shift?

Oh and one more thing:
    Is it possible to make a macro that tells in /party or /say when my rebuke succesfully interrupt a spell, and make it so it tells wich spell and target it interrupted? And that dosnt get spammed, as I smash my buttons quite some times in GCD :P

Like: /p Vindex interrupted Divine Light on Omgzpals with Rebuke.
    Or is it an addon?
    Last edited by Nonslid; 2012-12-18 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    AIs that the problem here? That the party assist one got that minor problem with no space between mod and shift?

BOh and one more thing:
    Is it possible to make a macro that tells in /party or /say when my rebuke succesfully interrupt a spell, and make it so it tells wich spell and target it interrupted? And that dosnt get spammed, as I smash my buttons quite some times in GCD :P

Like: /p Vindex interrupted Divine Light on Omgzpals with Rebuke.
    Or is it an addon?
    A No, if anything, the one without the space is right
    B It is somewhat possible via Macro, but easier (and more spam-free) with an addon, e.g. Raeli's Spell Announcer.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    A No, if anything, the one without the space is right
    B It is somewhat possible via Macro, but easier (and more spam-free) with an addon, e.g. Raeli's Spell Announcer.
    Weird, because when I pressed Shift + Naga Button 6 (The naga is on numpad, so shouldnt conflict with anything else on the keyboard), it didnt trow HoF on my teammate, but when I did it without any modifier, it trew HoF on my other teammate without problem. I tried with Alt aswell, as that is for party3 (But according to the Blizzard Raid Frames, it seemed I was party3 though.) But didnt trow out any HoF on me nor the druid I'm teamed up with : / MUst be some minor flaw somewhere, even though I copied it stright from the link here and into my macro ingame.
    So it's 100% identical with what I linked here. But I'll have to check it again when I get home, takes so long to freedom and BoP my team members when I need to press them first :P

Edit
    And thansk for the addon tip!

Weird, because when I pressed Shift + Naga Button 6 (The naga is on numpad, so shouldnt conflict with anything else on the keyboard), it didnt trow HoF on my teammate, but when I did it without any modifier, it trew HoF on my other teammate without problem. I tried with Alt aswell, as that is for party3 (But according to the Blizzard Raid Frames, it seemed I was party3 though.) But didnt trow out any HoF on me nor the druid I'm teamed up with : / MUst be some minor flaw somewhere, even though I copied it stright from the link here and into my macro ingame.
    So it's 100% identical with what I linked here. But I'll have to check it again when I get home, takes so long to freedom and BoP my team members when I need to press them first :P

Edit
    And thansk for the addon tip!
    One thing I can think of is that shift doesn't work perfectly with numblock keys, so that could explain something here...

Weird, because when I pressed Shift + Naga Button 6 (The naga is on numpad, so shouldnt conflict with anything else on the keyboard), it didnt trow HoF on my teammate
    You can't use Shift+Numpad on the Naga. Shift+Numpad does all those secondary keypad actions. So Shift+Numpad6 is sending Right Arrow. You'll either need to use a different modifier or use the Naga configurator to map that button on the Naga to something else.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnalail View Post
    You can't use Shift+Numpad on the Naga. Shift+Numpad does all those secondary keypad actions. So Shift+Numpad6 is sending Right Arrow. You'll either need to use a different modifier or use the Naga configurator to map that button on the Naga to something else.
    And I actually knew that, after trying to bind spells to shift and naga buttons >.< stupid me :P
    Thanks for reminding me though I'll just find another keybinding for those spells then

Narnia, in your wardrobe watching you sleep
    And I actually knew that, after trying to bind spells to shift and naga buttons >.< stupid me :P
    Thanks for reminding me though I'll just find another keybinding for those spells then
    You can actually use shift + numpad keys on the naga, but you just need to bind your spells to end/pagedown/pageup/home/arrow key up/down/left/right, only one you can't bind that way is numpad 5.

Edit, nevermind, I'm just being an idiot, didn't properly read the context of the question, yea it doesn't work with [mod] macros.
    Last edited by madorable; 2012-12-18 at 02:06 PM.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    You can actually use shift + numpad keys on the naga, but you just need to bind your spells to end/pagedown/pageup/home/arrow key up/down/left/right, only one you can't bind that way is numpad 5.

Edit, nevermind, I'm just being an idiot, didn't properly read the context of the question, yea it doesn't work with [mod] macros.
    Downloaded the software for naga now, changed all the buttons to F1-F12, so gonna test it tomorrow when my friends are back online :P Should be working now, I assume

I dont know if this is related but maybe you can help me? Here is a copy and past of a thread I created a few minutes ago...

"Maybe I am missing something here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a razer naga with BT4... What i want to do is, the key bindings that are used for the normal num 1-12 are strictly for combat. I want to have a seperate keybinding for 1-12 with shift as a modifier for cd's and mobility actions (such as teleport, or mount)... BT4 is only letting me use one key for a binding... is there a way that i can do what I want?"

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik View Post
    I dont know if this is related but maybe you can help me? Here is a copy and past of a thread I created a few minutes ago...

"Maybe I am missing something here, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a razer naga with BT4... What i want to do is, the key bindings that are used for the normal num 1-12 are strictly for combat. I want to have a seperate keybinding for 1-12 with shift as a modifier for cd's and mobility actions (such as teleport, or mount)... BT4 is only letting me use one key for a binding... is there a way that i can do what I want?"
    I dont know what BT4 is, but I found a way to use the 1-12 on Naga with shift/alt/ctrl as modifiers in macros. Just download the Razer Naga Software, then rebind all the buttons to F1-F12 or something else you dont use