Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    Nonono you didn't understand me i think.
    I simply want a macro like the following, but working!

#showtooltip Denounce
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast Judgment
    /cast Hammer of Wrath
    /cast Denounce

That should be possible right?
    This way everyone could just make a macro and spam it on every fight :P They disabled that back in TBC or Vanilla. Heck people even made ever lasting macros and just pushed it once and let it do the rotation for a couple of mins...

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You could use [equipped:Item Name] with one of the items in your sets.
    Thanks! Worked! Im using [equipped:Wands]. I have a question, now i have wand for PVE and a dagger for PVP. What happens if i get a dagger for PVE? Macro stops working i guess. Or im missing smth here?

You can use the name of one of the items in your PvE set, I guess.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

hello guys, wondering if i can get a macro to work here for my feral druid. can i get a spammable macro where the first cast when not on CD is faerie fire and when it is on cd, it switches to mangle.

code:
    #showtooltip mangle
    /cast faerie fire
    /cast mangle
    doesnt work. i know im missing something in the code, not sure what. if this isnt possible i know i could use a modifier macro, which i know will work. hoping i can keep it to one button without the modifier though. thanks in advance!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    hello guys, wondering if i can get a macro to work here for my feral druid. can i get a spammable macro where the first cast when not on CD is faerie fire and when it is on cd, it switches to mangle.
    No. Macros can't check CDs. When it hits an ability that's on CD, the macro stops. You can use a mod:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Faerie Fire; Mangle

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    No. Macros can't check CDs. When it hits an ability that's on CD, the macro stops. You can use a mod:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Faerie Fire; Mangle
    figured

i wanted to make it as think proof as possible, but thankyou for the info.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

3DS FC: 0490-6077-6557
    Pokemon X/Y Dragon Type Friend Safari - Gabite/Noibat/Druddigon

Okay, trying to work with my nephew who just got the game. Since he is a unfamiliar with the game right now I wanted to put some macro's on his computer to help while playing in our group or even solo.

For group play I have this... (he is a pally)
    /castsequence reset=combat/6/[target=focustarget] Judgment,Crusader Strike
    /startattack

Is that right? The idea is to cast his judgment then crusader strike, resetting to the first if he don't press buttons or combat ends. He will always be fighting what my character has targeted and I have got a focus button for him to use.

Been awhile since I used a cast sequence, let alone modifiers I am a bit clueless what works now
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Okay, trying to work with my nephew who just got the game. Since he is a unfamiliar with the game right now I wanted to put some macro's on his computer to help while playing in our group or even solo.

/startattack

Is that right? The idea is to cast his judgment then crusader strike, resetting to the first if he don't press buttons or combat ends. He will always be fighting what my character has targeted and I have got a focus button for him to use.

Been awhile since I used a cast sequence, let alone modifiers I am a bit clueless what works now
    A bit off topic, why not learn him to play the game and learn rotation/fcfse right away? :P

And as I've understood, macros cant detect CDs on abilities

/startattack

Why should he want to cast judgment or crusader strike to the focus target and then attacking his current target?
    Anyway:
    Code:
    /castsequence [target=focus] reset=combat/6 Judgment, Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    As said before don't give him macros like that, getting used to these isn't as a good as you may think.
    And I don't think focus target is really needed as a pally in dungeons, it could confuse him.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post

code:

doesnt work. i know im missing something in the code, not sure what. if this isnt possible i know i could use a modifier macro, which i know will work. hoping i can keep it to one button without the modifier though. thanks in advance!
    indeed macros cant detect cds. however i believe you could sort of achieve what you want through something like:

/castsequence reset=6 Faerie Fire, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle

The macro will basically go back to beginning after 6 seconds (which is the cd for ff iirc?) otherwise it'll go through the mangle spam. Simple add/remove mangles as needed. Hope it helps

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by badmagick View Post
    indeed macros cant detect cds. however i believe you could sort of achieve what you want through something like:

/castsequence reset=6 Faerie Fire, Mangle, Mangle, Mangle

The macro will basically go back to beginning after 6 seconds (which is the cd for ff iirc?) otherwise it'll go through the mangle spam. Simple add/remove mangles as needed. Hope it helps
    With this "castsequence macro" you could set up a whole rotation? Or just two spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    With this "castsequence macro" you could set up a whole rotation? Or just two spells?
    You can have multiple spells, theoretically a whole rotation but not on real circumstances (this game varies!).

reset=6 will occur after you didn't hit the macro for 6 seconds regardless of the spell/position.

Just use them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post

As said before don't give him macros like that, getting used to these isn't as a good as you may think.
    And I don't think focus target is really needed as a pally in dungeons, it could confuse him.
    Well we are adjusting as we go. He is a DS/Wi/GB gamer and once the bar starts to fill for abilities he either tunes them out or gets frustrated.

Hence I am making it easier and plan to expand what abilities he uses and when. I look at it this way, make the game enjoyable first, then get him to play right. Coming from games with like six or eight things at most to do MMO's like WOW can be daunting.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Well we are adjusting as we go. He is a DS/Wi/GB gamer and once the bar starts to fill for abilities he either tunes them out or gets frustrated.

Hence I am making it easier and plan to expand what abilities he uses and when. I look at it this way, make the game enjoyable first, then get him to play right. Coming from games with like six or eight things at most to do MMO's like WOW can be daunting.
    I still wouldn't go the way of castsequences. Instead help him filter his spells and set up his action bars. This is what I would do, however I'm not very familiar with paladins, so you might have to fill in/remove some spells yourself.

Reserve the main bar for frequently used rotational abilities; Crusader Strike, Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, Templar's Verdict, Inquisition. This is a short list of spells that he will use all the time and is basically all he needs to focus on prior to optimising his gameplay in end game content. You could also add in the main offensive cooldowns here if he can handle the extra spells; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath.

For the rest of the spells, either group them up with some space between each group, use one bar for each group, or just completely remove them from his bars until he's ready for the added spells. Possible groups:
    Offensive cooldowns; Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath
    Defensive cooldowns; Divine Shield, Divine Protection
    Buff spells; Blessing of Might/Kings, Seal of Truth/Insight
    Group utility; Hand of Protection/Freedom/etc

Warchief

As a max lvl ret he only need: (and in priority order) Inquisition, Templars Verdict, Exorcism, Crusader Strike and Judgement. 3 CDs: Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger(If specced) and Execution Sentence(If specced). With those 9 binds he can push out more dps than 70% of the LFR group :P
    But then its all the oh shit buttons ofc.. all Hands, Bubble, LoH, Aura Mastery, Stun, Heals, Blessings :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    You can use /castsequence to set up a rotation, but it's really really bad to do so, at least I can think of no class where it would be useful.
    There used to exist specs where it was kind of viable, but nowadays there are no rotations but rather priority lists, where you have to react to certain things, procs, whatever. A castsequence macro is totally inflexible, and therefore only recommended for.... actually I can't really think of a thing, at least not combat-related.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You can use /castsequence to set up a rotation, but it's really really bad to do so, at least I can think of no class where it would be useful.
    There used to exist specs where it was kind of viable, but nowadays there are no rotations but rather priority lists, where you have to react to certain things, procs, whatever. A castsequence macro is totally inflexible, and therefore only recommended for.... actually I can't really think of a thing, at least not combat-related.
    Yeah thought so :P

Is there a way to use a macro (or addon) to swap Action Bar buttons when I change talents? I main a hunter, and I frequently swap between Lynx Rush and A Murder of Crows, as well as between Glaive Toss and Barrage, and I find it annoying to have to go into my spellbook everytime I swap talents to drag the new abilities onto my bars, particularly since I keep the abilities in the same place (glavie toss/barrage is always in the same place, AMoC and Lynx Rush are always in the same place, it's just a matter of which one I have at the moment.)

get the addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros it will make macros for each talent tier so each tier is just 1 button depending on which talent you selected.

Awesome, exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot