Is there a way to use a macro (or addon) to swap Action Bar buttons when I change talents? I main a hunter, and I frequently swap between Lynx Rush and A Murder of Crows, as well as between Glaive Toss and Barrage, and I find it annoying to have to go into my spellbook everytime I swap talents to drag the new abilities onto my bars, particularly since I keep the abilities in the same place (glavie toss/barrage is always in the same place, AMoC and Lynx Rush are always in the same place, it's just a matter of which one I have at the moment.)

get the addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros it will make macros for each talent tier so each tier is just 1 button depending on which talent you selected.

Awesome, exactly what I wanted. Thanks a lot

I have a macro for my rogue but does not working...what I did wrong?

#showtooltip [stealth] Ambush; [spec:2] Sinister Strike; Mutilate
    /targetenemy [noexists][help][dead]
    /cast [nostealth,nocombat] !Stealth
    /cast [stealth] Ambush; [spec:2,combat,nostealth] Sinister Strike; [combat,nostealth] Mutilate

My spec:1 is Assassination and spec:2 is combat.
    -It targets an enemy for me if I don't have on already.
    -It goes stealth if I am not in stealth and out of combat
    -it uses Ambush from stealth.

After that it does not cast Sinister strike or Mutilate. I have [combat] for Sinister strike because for som reason the macro was trying to do sinister before go stealth and it turned Auto-attack for the targeted mob make me sometimes go out of stealth because auto-attacking before being able to use Ambush. With [combat] it does not do it but also it doesn't use Sinister Strike at all, even if I am not stealth and in-combat.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Not sure what the best buttons would be for this macro. But can a macro be made so when normally pushed I roll. If alt is used I'll activate Tiger's Lust, and if I right click then hit the macro I'll Flying Serpent Kick?
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-02 at 01:43 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

The first one I'm not quite sure about. What do you mean by "right click, then hit the macro"?

Second one is fairly simple:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [flyable]Red Flying Cloud; [swimming]Azure Water Strider; Swift Red Hawkstrider
    /cast [nomounted,flyable]Red Flying Cloud; [nomounted,swimming]Azure Water Strider; [nomounted]Swift Red Hawkstrider
    /dismount [mounted]
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Thx for the mount macro.

Yeah I confused myself talking about the macro. Basically I want the macro to do this. If bound to say, mouse wheel. Pressing it normally uses roll. alt + wheel = Tiger's Lust. Right Click + wheel = Flying Serpent Kick.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

Right-clicks can't be used as a modifier, which is what you're asking for there.

Only Alt, Shift, and Ctrl (and combinations of those three) can be used to modify another action.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Right-clicks can't be used as a modifier, which is what you're asking for there.

Only Alt, Shift, and Ctrl (and combinations of those three) can be used to modify another action.
    no they can...its [btn:2]

Example:

cast [btn:2] Deadly Poison; Leeching Poison
    The trick of selling a PvP-MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Does any one know a site where I can learn advanced macro use and scripts that are legal to use ingame?
    Hexaflexagons
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post

Example:

He doesn't want to right click the button (that would be [btn:2]), he wants to right click the world, then hit a button and modify that button based on his previous right click.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    Does any one know a site where I can learn advanced macro use and scripts that are legal to use ingame?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    He doesn't want to right click the button (that would be [btn:2]), he wants to right click the world, then hit a button and modify that button based on his previous right click.
    ah..my bad then I didn't understand it..

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post

Example:
    What he stated in his second post is that he wants to use Button 2 to modify his Mouse Wheel Bind. That's not possible, and is why I answered the way I did.

Yes, if you're writing a macro that you're going to click on, you can have it do something different for each of the 5 standard mouse buttons that WoW recognizes. That's not a modifier, though, that's reacting to a different action entirely (clicks instead of keypresses).
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty. - Sgt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Battle of Serenity Valley

Ok, got a couple of macro's I need help with, I'll post how they appear in my head but don't work in the game...

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial wrath
    /cast Rabid (Not part of macro: This is pet ability.)

other way I tried was

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /petcast Rabid

Neither worked... >_<

I'm also having trouble with stopcasting, I put it in my instant cast macros such as arcane shot(seen below) and it works if its a new target, but once I've used the ability on that target once the stopcasting part stops working, I want to on for instance a single target boss fight to be able to start a Cobra shot and then stop it to use another ability which i can if I've changed targets but I won't always be able to do that.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /stopcasting
    /petattackg
    /cast Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Dreadful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
    /cast [modifier:shift] Dreadful Gladiator's Leather Gloves (rocket gloves)
    /cast [nomod] Shuriken Toss

I can't seem to get this to work, not really experienced with macros. Anyone please?
    Just shoots the rocket even without shift pressed.
    Last edited by Haxx0rcist; 2013-01-05 at 12:12 AM.

/use [mod:shift] gloves..
    /cast Shuriken Toss

Not sure, but try that one Pretty new to making macros and not just copy/paste x]
    Norwegian and proud if it, not really. But I am. Too bad beer and tobaco is so damn expensive here.

Nevermind, works that way. Thanks!
    Last edited by Haxx0rcist; 2013-01-05 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Ok, got a couple of macro's I need help with, I'll post how they appear in my head but don't work in the game...

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial wrath
    /cast Rabid (Not part of macro: This is pet ability.)

other way I tried was

#showtooltip
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /petcast Rabid

Neither worked... >_<

I'm also having trouble with stopcasting, I put it in my instant cast macros such as arcane shot(seen below) and it works if its a new target, but once I've used the ability on that target once the stopcasting part stops working, I want to on for instance a single target boss fight to be able to start a Cobra shot and then stop it to use another ability which i can if I've changed targets but I won't always be able to do that.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /stopcasting
    /petattackg
    /cast Arcane Shot
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Bestial wrath
    /cast Rabid
    It should work, don't see anything that could cause an issue.

Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /petattack
    /cast Arcane Shot
    For the stopcasting you need it twice (has ever been like that since aspect of the fox, I don't know why to be honest).

#showtooltip Lullaby
    /cast [@focus, modifier:ctrl][harm] Lullaby
    /cast [@mouseover, modifier:alt][harm] Lullaby

I have this for my crane right now, and it works perfectly, I was wondering if someone more suave can help me add to it though.

I want it to change depending on the pet I have active at that moment.

Meaning, If I have a shale spider out I want it to change to Web Wrap

If the pet is a Dragonhawk then I want it to change Fire Breath

etc
    etc

Any help Would be appreciated, thanks!

Edit: /click [@focus, modifier:ctrl][harm] PetActionButton6 I now tried this, but the modifier doesnt work now =(, but If I replace /click with /cast and PetActionButton6 with the actual spell it works fine.

Hello again, could anyone help me with this?

For some reason my macro does not work. I want to activate my CD + on use trinket AND hands (engineering) with one button. It only activates trinket and cooldown.

Code:
    #showtooltip Dark Soul: Instability
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /cast Dark Soul: Instability