Deleted
    I currently use vudo for healing, im looking for a macro that will allow me to use purify spirit on right mouse click one and then cast HW or GHW , CH on next right mouse click is this possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    What do you want to do? cast RoP on focus without losing your target, nothing else?

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] RoP

would do that, however you can twist it by saying /cast [@focus, exists][] RoP - that will only cast it on your focus if you have one, otherwise behave normally.
    Perfect, thank you.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2013-03-15 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone would be able to help me modify a simple macro I have:

/startattack
    /cast Frost Strike

This macro is good because even when I am out of runic power, I can still press it and I will automatically target and start autoattacking the nearest enemy. However...

The problem I have is that sometimes with all the mad target clicking I do during dungeons or raid trash/fights with adds, I end up clicking on and targeting an already dead enemy, and then pressing this macro does not target and start autoattacking the nearest enemy because I am stuck on the dead target. The macro does not auto clear the dead target.

So my question then... Is there a way to modify this macro such that it will clear my target if it is dead, or perhaps simply retarget the nearest living enemy?

Thank you!

Edit: actually nevermind, didn't really do what you wanted. I'll look into it

Edit2:

Code:
    /cleartarget [@target, dead]
    /startattack
    /cast Frost Strike
    Clears the target if your current target is dead, starts autoattacking the closest target next to you and casts frost strike. Think this is what you wanted.
    Last edited by eyrie; 2013-03-16 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esevenf View Post
    Edit: actually nevermind, didn't really do what you wanted. I'll look into it

Edit2:

Code:
    /cleartarget [@target, dead]
    /startattack
    /cast Frost Strike
    Clears the target if your current target is dead, starts autoattacking the closest target next to you and casts frost strike. Think this is what you wanted.
    This is perfect. I have adapted it to fit all my other main macros. Thank you so much!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I need a ghoul stun macro for my DK, problem is it has to include leap like:
    /cast !Leap
    /cast !Gnaw
    but also need to have a chooseable modifier for current target or focus target with shift.

Thnx
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You can't tell the macro to check if Ice Block is already active or not.
    Pretty sure I had something similar as a rogue back when i played one, where it would cast stealth if not stealthed, then when I spammed it it wouldnt cast me out of stealth again. Couldnt something similar be done with Iceblock?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Having a problem with a macro wonder if anyone can help, using the "#showtooltip [modifier:shift] Smite; Power Word: Shield" macro for my new priest as it is going to be a disc priest, problem I have is that after the macro is set up I press and hold shift then press 1 (the bar number I've got the ability on) and nothing happens, the ability lights up when I hit the button but nothing else, am I missing something here like a newb or can I not do this and I'm a newb?

Edit: I've changed the macro to

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:Shift] [harm] Smite ; Power Word: Shield

which kinda does the job and I can get used to it, but what I would like to know now is if I'm casting smite and I see someone needs a heal is there anything to this I can add were I can stop casting smite without moving, click on my healing target then click the button again to cast PW:S?
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-03-17 at 02:15 AM.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting [noharm]
    /cast [harm]Smite; Power Word: Shield
    PS: For your first macro, you would've wanted to check whether shift+1 was bound to anything else.

Looking to get syntax help (and macro command names obviously)
    I don't know how to set variables, or how to use them (like in the whisper and set raid icon commands, i am SURE the syntax will be wrong)
    So i wrote what i want to do in pseudo code instead of trying to explain in words.

pre set up - that i hard code the names (probably in a different macro)
    set p1 = "bob"
    set p2 = "jim"
    set p3 = "jake"
    set p4 = "tim"
    set p5 = "dave"
    set p6 = "joe"

set i = 1

second macro that uses values set in first. that i can just hit this 1 button every time the event happens that i want ppl to react to.

if (i == 1){
    /rw [p1] and [p2] take next w/e
    /run SetRaidTarget("p1", 1)
    /run SetRaidTarget("p2", 2)
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p1"))
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p2"))
    i = i+1
    }
    if (i == 2) {
    /rw [p3] and [p4] take next w/e
    /run SetRaidTarget("p3", 1)
    /run SetRaidTarget("p4", 2)
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p3"))
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p4"))
    i = i+1
    }
    if (i == 3){
    /rw [p5] and [p6] take next w/e
    /run SetRaidTarget("p5", 1)
    /run SetRaidTarget("p6", 2)
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p5"))
    /script SendChatMessage("Your turn!", "WHISPER", UnitName("p6"))
    i = 1
    }

--
    for future expending of this macro, can i do math like: (and most importantly, what is syntax for div/mod)
    if ((i mod 7)==1 ) do...

Thanks.

Deleted
    You almost nailed it, but it'll be too long to put in a macro due to the 255 character limit. Put them into an addon like this:
    Code:
    local p = {
        "bob",
        "jim",
        "jake",
        "tim",
        "dave",
        "joe",
    }
    local m = math.floor(p/2)
    local c = 0

SlashCmdList["TAKENEXT"] = function()
        c = (c%m)+1
        local o = (c*2)
        local t1,t2 = p[o-1],p[o]
        SendChatMessage(("%s and %s take next"):format(t1,t2))
        SetRaidTarget(t1,1)
        SetRaidTarget(t2,2)
        SendChatMessage("Your turn!","WHISPER",nil,t1)
        SendChatMessage("Your turn!","WHISPER",nil,t2)
    end
    SLASH_TAKENEXT1 = "/takenext"
    And then macro the defined slash command ("/takenext").

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You almost nailed it, but it'll be too long to put in a macro due to the 255 character limit. Put them into an addon like this:

SlashCmdList["TAKENEXT"] = function()
    SendChatMessage(("%s and %s take next"):format(t1,t2))
    SetRaidTarget(t1,1)
    SetRaidTarget(t2,2)
    SendChatMessage("Your turn!","WHISPER",nil,t1)
    SendChatMessage("Your turn!","WHISPER",nil,t2)
    how does it know that t1 , t2 are variables?
    and the first chat is a /rw ? where is that specified?

SLASH_TAKENEXT1 = "/takenext"[/code]

And then macro the defined slash command ("/takenext").
    why is it TAKENEXT1 ? and not TAKENEXT

um, what i don't like about this solution is that i don't see a way to reset this in the middle (if something goes wrong and i want to start over, or after a wipe.)
    also, where would i be putting the names.. in a file? can i edit it while game is running?
    advantage of having a macro instead is that i can just open /m and see who is in my group and do more dynamic sorting of groups ect.

going over the 255 char limit isn't an issue... as this can very easily be split with macro calling next part of next macro. ( /click MultiBarRightButton1)

.... this is making me think about writing an addon ... might be a fun project to get me back into programming in general. (also fun thinking about all the things i would add to this if it were an addon that was easy to use... skip call, go back 1 call, check if dead, then use replacement from list....)

but in the mean time, can anyone please put it in macro format (sorry, i don't even see how to transfer what you wrote into a macro format... )

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 12:58 PM ----------

oops, re-read my post and forgot to say "thanks for reply!"

Deleted
    how does it know that t1 , t2 are variables?
    Code:
    local t1,t2 = p[o-1],p[o]
    [quote]and the first chat is a /rw ? where is that specified?
    That's my bad. The line should read
    Code:
    SendChatMessage(("%s and %s take next"):format(t1,t2),"RAID_WARNING")
    why is it TAKENEXT1 ? and not TAKENEXT
    You can set more than one slash command to the same command handler (think /g and /guild, /p and /party, /m and /macro). SLASH_TAKENEXT1 is the first slash command, SLASH_TAKENEXT2 would be the second etc.

what i don't like about this solution is that i don't see a way to reset this in the middle
    Would simply need to define a second slash handler (or add functionality to the first), then macro that separately.
    Code:
    SlashCmdList["TAKENEXT"] = function(input)
        if input:lower() == "reset" then
            print("Reset!")
            c = 0
            return
        end
        -- existing code here
    end
    where would i be putting names
    Into the addon's file, which would need a /reload to update every time. Could probably make it editable using a macro, too (with another slash command). Might write something later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hi, I need a ghoul stun macro for my DK, problem is it has to include leap like:
    /cast !Leap
    /cast !Gnaw
    but also need to have a chooseable modifier for current target or focus target with shift.

Thnx

Anyone know if such a macro is possible to do?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]!Leap
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][]!Gnaw

Deleted
    Hey, peeps
    i was wondering if it's possible to create rogue blind macro which blinds focus target if focus exists, and just blinds your targeted enemy if focus doesnt exist?

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists][]Blind

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists][]Blind
    It will do both? If no target is focused it will just blind my main target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurocist View Post
    It will do both? If no target is focused it will just blind my main target?
    Yeah, it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Pretty sure I had something similar as a rogue back when i played one, where it would cast stealth if not stealthed, then when I spammed it it wouldnt cast me out of stealth again. Couldnt something similar be done with Iceblock?
    Iirc stealth for rogues is a stance which can be tracked in macros. Iceblock is a buff, and those can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    /cast !Leap
    /cast !Gnaw

Thnx
    They're both on the GCD, so I reckon it's not that easy.