Deleted
    #showtooltip Safeguard
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [@target, help] safeguard
    /cast [mod:alt, @Skull Banner][mod:alt, @Demoralizing Banner] [mod:alt, @Mocking Banner] Safeguard
    /cancelaura Bladestorm

Need the alt-modifier fixed, could anyone do it? Doesn't need to be in this order, just to focus my banners when I press alt

Hey everyone! I tried using my focus cc macro as a smite/pw solace macro and I got it to work with smite but for some reason it wont work with pw solace. can I get some help with it please.

#showtooltip Power Word: Solace
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]; [target=focus,dead]
    /clearfocus [target=focus,help]
    /cast [target=focus,exists,harm]Power Word: Solace;Power Word: Solace

Quote Originally Posted by QmasterMKII View Post
    Hey everyone! I tried using my focus cc macro as a smite/pw solace macro and I got it to work with smite but for some reason it wont work with pw solace. can I get some help with it please.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Power Word: Solace
    /focus [@focus,noexists][@focus,dead] 
    /clearfocus [@focus,help] 
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm][] Power Word: Solace
    The above is just your code cleaned up. It's not clear to me what you're doing with the first line. It's just focusing your focus if it doesn't exist or is dead, which is the part that confuses me. Do you have a bind for focusing your target or is that what you want the first line to do? The last line should be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The above is just your code cleaned up. It's not clear to me what you're doing with the first line. It's just focusing your focus if it doesn't exist or is dead, which is the part that confuses me. Do you have a bind for focusing your target or is that what you want the first line to do? The last line should be working fine.
    It was a focus macro I got online a few years ago and just kept it since it did what I needed. I don't have a bind for focus since I'm only using it for raid bosses I set it before we pull. I just tried what you posted in game and I still isnt attacking my focus for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CkFromDk View Post
    #showtooltip Safeguard
    /cast [@mouseover, help] [@target, help] safeguard
    /cast [mod:alt, @Skull Banner][mod:alt, @Demoralizing Banner] [mod:alt, @Mocking Banner] Safeguard
    /cancelaura Bladestorm

Need the alt-modifier fixed, could anyone do it? Doesn't need to be in this order, just to focus my banners when I press alt
    I'm pretty sure @ can't be used with banners; it only accepts unitIDs (target, focus, raid members, etc.).

Code:
    #showtooltip Intervene
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cast [@mouseover,help][@target,help] Intervene
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /cleartarget
    /tar Skull Banner
    /tar Demoralizing Banner
    /tar Mocking Banner
    /cast Intervene
    /targetlasttarget

Kinda messy, but I think it'll work.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by QmasterMKII View Post
    It was a focus macro I got online a few years ago and just kept it since it did what I needed. I don't have a bind for focus since I'm only using it for raid bosses I set it before we pull. I just tried what you posted in game and I still isnt attacking my focus for some reason.
    If you just want it to hit your focus when you have one (else target), try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm][] Holy Fire
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-03-19 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm new to building my own macros and I couldn't really find this anywhere else: I'm looking for a Paladin macro that will cast Execution Sentence on the target when clicked, but self-cast Stay of Execution if clicked with SHIFT pressed. Probably easy and I'm just not getting it.

Also, is it possible to have a macro for a Death Knight that casts Lichborne with a self-target Death Coil for an easy self heal?

HELP HELP HELP no one has an answer or solution for me.

Need an Announce macro ...trick is there is no target and I dont mouseover toons in game to perform actions.
    I use a combo of elvui unit frames and CLIQUE so all i ever do is click on unit frames in party/raid to perform various keybind healing functions

SO how do I get it to announce Who I am using Ring of Peace on to party or raid keeping in mind theres no target and im not mousing over their toon

any friggin help would be huge here

Quote Originally Posted by Bahgo View Post
    I'm new to building my own macros and I couldn't really find this anywhere else: I'm looking for a Paladin macro that will cast Execution Sentence on the target when clicked, but self-cast Stay of Execution if clicked with SHIFT pressed. Probably easy and I'm just not getting it.

Also, is it possible to have a macro for a Death Knight that casts Lichborne with a self-target Death Coil for an easy self heal?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod][] Execution Sentence
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lichborne
    /cast [@player] Death Coil

As long as Lichborne is still off the GCD, the above will work. I haven't played my DK in a long time.

If you just want it to hit your focus when you have one (else target), try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm][] Holy Fire
    Thanks that got it to work, weird it works for Holy Fire but not Solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    HELP HELP HELP no one has an answer or solution for me.

Need an Announce macro ...trick is there is no target and I dont mouseover toons in game to perform actions.
    I use a combo of elvui unit frames and CLIQUE so all i ever do is click on unit frames in party/raid to perform various keybind healing functions

SO how do I get it to announce Who I am using Ring of Peace on to party or raid keeping in mind theres no target and im not mousing over their toon

any friggin help would be huge here
    What are you using to cast RoP? If it's some sort of click option in Clique, you may need to change around binds so you can turn it into a mouseover macro OR install something like Raeli's Spell Announcer (never used it; found it on Curse).

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi, got a macro question.

Is it possible to incorporate a shift macro of a /use and a /cast?

#showtooltip Dark Simulacrum
    /cast [modifier:shift] <use /13>; Dark Simulacrum; sort of.

UH dk PvP so I got no dps cd's on 2 mins so I need a seperate bind for it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

You want to use your trinket while casting Dark Sim?
    because then it's as simple as:
    Code:
    /use 13
    /cast Dark Simulacrum
    Or did you want one binding for two seperate things?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Dark Simulacrum
    /use [mod:shift] 13
    I think, kinda new to macros ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Or did you want one binding for two seperate things?
    Yea, two seperate things and that one doesn't work.
    It try to trigger Dak Sim. only/or first when holding down Shift
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I'm pretty sure /use also works for spells.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; Dark Simulacrum
    Should work.

Deleted
    /use and /cast are aliases and interchangeable for everything, as far as I'm aware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary588 View Post
    Hey, guys. I am gonna ask a simple question.
    ...yeah? Do.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure /use also works for spells.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; Dark Simulacrum
    Should work.

No doesnt work either, "No runic power" so it tries to cast Dark Sim when I hold down a modifier.

Deleted
    No doesnt work either, "No runic power" so it tries to cast Dark Sim when I hold down a modifier.
    If you strictly do not want DS to be cast with that modifier down, use

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod] 13; [nomod] Dark Simulacrum

You're either mistaking the functionality of the macros, you've made a mistake copying the macro, or you're not actually using the macro.

What, exactly, do you want the macro to do? The macros you've been given will activate any use effects on your top trinket slot if a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt) is held down simultaneously with using the keybind/clicking the macro or if no modifier is used it will cast Dark Simulacrum. If this is the functionality you were after, then check that your macro is identical to what you've been given or drag it down onto your bars again to make sure you're actually using the macro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You're either mistaking the functionality of the macros, you've made a mistake copying the macro, or you're not actually using the macro.

What, exactly, do you want the macro to do? The macros you've been given will activate any use effects on your top trinket slot if a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt) is held down simultaneously with using the keybind/clicking the macro or if no modifier is used it will cast Dark Simulacrum.
    Yes that is what I'm after.

If this is the functionality you were after, then check that your macro is identical to what you've been given or drag in down onto your bars again to make sure you're actually using the macro.
    It is identical and I also removed the old one, dragged it down again and when pressing it gets the "pressed" animation at the actionbar.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; [nomod] Dark Simulacrum
    This is the code I use atm.

Edit: Seemed to work when I swapped item slot ID to the trinkets name.
    All fine now, thanx for the help guys
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-03-21 at 02:59 PM.