HELP HELP HELP no one has an answer or solution for me.

Need an Announce macro ...trick is there is no target and I dont mouseover toons in game to perform actions.
    I use a combo of elvui unit frames and CLIQUE so all i ever do is click on unit frames in party/raid to perform various keybind healing functions

SO how do I get it to announce Who I am using Ring of Peace on to party or raid keeping in mind theres no target and im not mousing over their toon

any friggin help would be huge here

Quote Originally Posted by Bahgo View Post
    I'm new to building my own macros and I couldn't really find this anywhere else: I'm looking for a Paladin macro that will cast Execution Sentence on the target when clicked, but self-cast Stay of Execution if clicked with SHIFT pressed. Probably easy and I'm just not getting it.

Also, is it possible to have a macro for a Death Knight that casts Lichborne with a self-target Death Coil for an easy self heal?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player,mod][] Execution Sentence
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Lichborne
    /cast [@player] Death Coil

As long as Lichborne is still off the GCD, the above will work. I haven't played my DK in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If you just want it to hit your focus when you have one (else target), try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,harm][] Holy Fire
    Thanks that got it to work, weird it works for Holy Fire but not Solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    HELP HELP HELP no one has an answer or solution for me.

Need an Announce macro ...trick is there is no target and I dont mouseover toons in game to perform actions.
    I use a combo of elvui unit frames and CLIQUE so all i ever do is click on unit frames in party/raid to perform various keybind healing functions

SO how do I get it to announce Who I am using Ring of Peace on to party or raid keeping in mind theres no target and im not mousing over their toon

any friggin help would be huge here
    What are you using to cast RoP? If it's some sort of click option in Clique, you may need to change around binds so you can turn it into a mouseover macro OR install something like Raeli's Spell Announcer (never used it; found it on Curse).

Hi, got a macro question.

Is it possible to incorporate a shift macro of a /use and a /cast?

#showtooltip Dark Simulacrum
    /cast [modifier:shift] <use /13>; Dark Simulacrum; sort of.

UH dk PvP so I got no dps cd's on 2 mins so I need a seperate bind for it
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

You want to use your trinket while casting Dark Sim?
    because then it's as simple as:
    Code:
    /use 13
    /cast Dark Simulacrum
    Or did you want one binding for two seperate things?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Dark Simulacrum
    /use [mod:shift] 13
    I think, kinda new to macros ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Or did you want one binding for two seperate things?
    Yea, two seperate things and that one doesn't work.
    It try to trigger Dak Sim. only/or first when holding down Shift
    Russia isn't afraid of US dude. That's why they are sending their bombers like 60km out of your shores. Infact they give 0 fucks. They know you wont dare to touch them.

I'm pretty sure /use also works for spells.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; Dark Simulacrum
    Should work.

/use and /cast are aliases and interchangeable for everything, as far as I'm aware.
    UI & AddOns expert | Interface & Macros moderator - My work

Quote Originally Posted by Gary588 View Post
    Hey, guys. I am gonna ask a simple question.
    ...yeah? Do.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I'm pretty sure /use also works for spells.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; Dark Simulacrum
    Should work.

No doesnt work either, "No runic power" so it tries to cast Dark Sim when I hold down a modifier.

No doesnt work either, "No runic power" so it tries to cast Dark Sim when I hold down a modifier.
    If you strictly do not want DS to be cast with that modifier down, use

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod] 13; [nomod] Dark Simulacrum
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

You're either mistaking the functionality of the macros, you've made a mistake copying the macro, or you're not actually using the macro.

What, exactly, do you want the macro to do? The macros you've been given will activate any use effects on your top trinket slot if a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt) is held down simultaneously with using the keybind/clicking the macro or if no modifier is used it will cast Dark Simulacrum. If this is the functionality you were after, then check that your macro is identical to what you've been given or drag it down onto your bars again to make sure you're actually using the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You're either mistaking the functionality of the macros, you've made a mistake copying the macro, or you're not actually using the macro.

What, exactly, do you want the macro to do? The macros you've been given will activate any use effects on your top trinket slot if a modifier key (shift/ctrl/alt) is held down simultaneously with using the keybind/clicking the macro or if no modifier is used it will cast Dark Simulacrum.
    Yes that is what I'm after.

If this is the functionality you were after, then check that your macro is identical to what you've been given or drag in down onto your bars again to make sure you're actually using the macro.
    It is identical and I also removed the old one, dragged it down again and when pressing it gets the "pressed" animation at the actionbar.

Code:
    /use [mod] 13; [nomod] Dark Simulacrum
    This is the code I use atm.

Edit: Seemed to work when I swapped item slot ID to the trinkets name.
    All fine now, thanx for the help guys
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-03-21 at 02:59 PM.

Is it possible that your mod key is stuck or otherwise not working? Try using another modifier, because your macro should never attempt to use Dark Simulacrum if any modifier is held down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Is it possible that your mod key is stuck or otherwise not working? Try using another modifier, because your macro should never attempt to use Dark Simulacrum if any modifier is held down.
    Na they are all working, dunno why putting the item name instead of the slot ID worked. Happened to me a few years ago as well with another macro but usually slot ID is just fine.
    No clue but now I'm happy since UH DK dont have any dps cooldowns on a 2 min cd which I could otherwise bind it into
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-03-22 at 10:03 AM.

Hello all,

I'm in need of a macro that will allow me to cast Nature's swiftness then Healing touch on a friendly player, but if I have a hostile targeted it will cast Nature's swiftness, cyclone or roots. Any help would be greatly apprecatied .
    Last edited by Shadowss; 2013-03-24 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowss View Post
    Hello all,

I'm in need of a macro that will allow me to cast Nature's swiftness then Healing touch on a friendly player, but if I have a hostile targeted it will cast Nature's swiftness, cyclone or roots. Any help would be greatly apprecatied .
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [harm, nodead, mod] Roots; [harm, nodead] Cyclone; Healing Touch
    You have to correct the spell names.
    This one casts HT on friendly/neutral or Cyclone on enemy, or Roots on enemy if you press either ctrl/alt/shift.

EDIT: Let me just propose the way I do it to you: I have the abilities on different buttons, one for HT, one for Cyclone and so on, and each is actually a macro that fires Nature's swiftness if I press the button with a modifier, like:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast ABILITY IN QUESTION
    and actually I have a mouseover in there as well because I like it:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@mouseover, exists][] ABILITY IN QUESTION
    behaves like the normal spell button, but if you have a mouseover, that'll be the target.
    Last edited by Tearor; 2013-03-25 at 10:53 AM.

Thank you so much Tearor, that macro works wonderfuly

Hello

Is there a macro (or addon) that does all the prospecting for me? As I may prospect many many stacks everyday.

Atm I use:
    Code:
    /use Prospecting
    /use Ghost Iron Ore
    But then I need to press it for every time I prospect.

What I would like is something like - press once then go watch a video while my char prospect it all x] Is it even doable?