Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    Also does /startattack reset the swing timer? I am 99.9% certain it doesn't, I just need confirmation.
    It does not reset the swing timer

Deleted
    Hello macro-geniuses!

I come to you with high hopes on this one.

I wonder if there is some sort of macro-command that uses your currently specced tier-talent.
    I dont know if i can explain it better but i would just like to macro /cast tier15 and it will cast the talent i have specced currently.
    That way i wont have to use 3 different macros for all 3 talents.

My current macro is this;

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Thunder Focus Tea; [modifier:shift] Mana Tea; [modifier:ctrl] Diffuse Magic; [modifier:alt] Cobo Cola

I would like for my ctrl-modifier to choose between Diffuse Magic, Dampen Harm and Healing Elixirs depending on which one is specced.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance!

Hey all. Looking for a way to condense a few macros if possible, or free up bar space I suppose. Is there a way to make a macro where Shift+Q is flash of light self, Alt+Q is flash of light for a certain player and Ctrl+Q is for another certain player, all in one macro and all while making sure Q is strafe left? Any help for this would be great thank you.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Hello macro-geniuses!

I come to you with high hopes on this one.

I wonder if there is some sort of macro-command that uses your currently specced tier-talent.
    I dont know if i can explain it better but i would just like to macro /cast tier15 and it will cast the talent i have specced currently.
    That way i wont have to use 3 different macros for all 3 talents.

My current macro is this;

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Thunder Focus Tea; [modifier:shift] Mana Tea; [modifier:ctrl] Diffuse Magic; [modifier:alt] Cobo Cola

I would like for my ctrl-modifier to choose between Diffuse Magic, Dampen Harm and Healing Elixirs depending on which one is specced.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance!
    This CAN be done but it doesn't update icons and tooltips correctly and I believe a few other quirks. This is best handled by an addon which can be found here and discusses the examples of how to do this and the problems with doing it in a macro on the main page:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...entMacros.html

You could try:

Code:
    /use [nomod]SpecChoice1;[nomod]SpecChoice2;[mod:shift]SpecChoice3;[mod:shift]SpecChoice4;[mod:ctrl]SpecChoice5;[mod:ctrl]SpecChoice6; [mod:alt]SpecChoice7;[mod:alt]SpecChoice8

Basically, just repeat the mod choice for each possible spell you want to cast, it should cast the 1st you have specced into.

So in your case:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Mana Tea;[mod:ctrl]Diffuse Magic;[mod:ctrl]Dampen Harm;[mod:ctrl]Healing Elixirs;[mod:alt]Cobo Cola;[]Thunder Focus Tea;
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-05-29 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Additional info

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post

So in your case:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Mana Tea;[mod:ctrl]Diffuse Magic;[mod:ctrl]Dampen Harm;[mod:ctrl]Healing Elixirs;[mod:alt]Cobo Cola;[]Thunder Focus Tea;
    This one only works with Diffuse Magic. Probably because its the first one in the macro. It doesnt work when i spec Dampen Harm.
    I guess ill have to use 2 different macros for this one. One for Dampen and one for Diffuse.

Thanks anyways!

Deleted
    Is there any way to cast a spell at a specific named mob without target swapping or using focus?

I tried something like /cast [target=Direhorn spirit] Ice Lance but it doesn't work.

Deleted
    This one only works with Diffuse Magic. Probably because its the first one in the macro. It doesnt work when i spec Dampen Harm.
    I guess ill have to use 2 different macros for this one. One for Dampen and one for Diffuse.

Thanks anyways!
    It should be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Mana Tea; [mod:alt]Cobo Cola; Thunder Focus Team
    /stopmacro [nomod:ctrl]
    /cast Diffuse Magic
    /cast Dampen Harm
    /cast Healing Elixirs

Quote Originally Posted by Kathos View Post
    Is there any way to cast a spell at a specific named mob without target swapping or using focus?

I tried something like /cast [target=Direhorn spirit] Ice Lance but it doesn't work.
    No you cant add a mob name like that.

You can use a macro like this:

/target Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Ice Lance
    /targetlasttarget

This will cast Ice Lance on the Direhorn Spirit without you losing your current target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Think the Thunder Focus Tea needs a [nomod] , or it will still be casted when ctrl mod is used.
    Still only works with the first spell listed. In this case Diffuse Magic :/

Deleted
    Think the Thunder Focus Tea needs a [nomod] , or it will still be casted when ctrl mod is used.
    Yeah, you're right. Didn't consider that.

Deleted
    Just tried it on my monk, seems to work fine for me.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Mana Tea; [mod:alt] Cobo Cola; [nomod] Thunder Focus Tea
    /stopmacro [nomod:ctrl]
    /cast Diffuse Magic
    /cast Dampen Harm
    Removed the Healing Elixirs line since it's a passive.

Only thing that doesn't work is the Dampen Harm icon.
    This works perfectly as you said except for the icon. Thanks alot!

Posting my old macro question again since no one answered my question so far.
    Looking for an improved version of my void tendrils macro.
    Code:
    tar void
    /castsequence Void Tendrils, Power Word: Shield
    /targetlasttarget
    tar void / targetlasttarget is obviously a hassle/supoptimal and I'm looking for a macro that pw shields my tendril without deselecting my current target.(and casts void tendrils in the first place)

Also i would like to turn my dispel magic/purify macro into a mouse over macro. (can't get it to work for some reason)
    Code:
    /cast [help,exists] Purify; [harm,exists] Dispel Magic
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2013-06-01 at 09:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    tar void / targetlasttarget is obviously a hassle/supoptimal and I'm looking for a macro that pw shields my tendril without deselecting my current target.(and casts void tendrils in the first place)
    Everything in the macro gets executed before control is returned back to you, so I would be surprised if you ever saw a difference between...
    Code:
    /target focus
    /cast [help,nodead] Heal
    /targetlasttarget
    ...and...
    Code:
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead] Heal
    The latter is obviously preferred, but that's not the point I'm making . I should mention, though, that that macro will: (1) cast on anyone else's friendly tendrils as well; (2) cast on only one of the tendrils if there are multiple people rooted.

Also i would like to turn my dispel magic/purify macro into a mouse over macro. (can't get it to work for some reason)
    Code:
    /cast [help,exists] Purify; [harm,exists] Dispel Magic
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify; [@mouseover,nodead] Dispel Magic; [help,nodead] Purify; [nodead] Dispel Magic

Deleted
    The issue is that his macro would target his previous target even if /target failed.

You could try something like this, but it'd run into issues if there were multiple void tendrils up:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Void Tendrils
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Void Tendril
    /cast [noexists][harm]Void Tendrils
    /targetlasttarget [noexists][harm]
    /stopmacro [noexists][harm]
    /cast Power Word: Shield
    /targetlasttarget

15+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, yea. If focus is being used, then there's not much way around having to use /cleartarget and that's not always desirable. But, with yours, /targetlasttarget should actually just revert /cleartarget if no Void Tendril was found.

That's really quite a sneaky and masterful macro.

I guess the issues left are: (1) the "wrong" one of your tendrils is targeted by the game, (2) another friendly priest, nearby, just used Void Tendrils and you shield theirs instead of yours and also block your own cast.
    Last edited by Pelf; 2013-06-02 at 03:11 PM.

This works perfectly as you said except for the icon. Thanks alot!
    If you want the icon run something like this might help:

/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("75Talents", G"Dampen Harm" or G"Diffuse Magic")

Just make sure that the "75talents" is replaced with whatever you named the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelf View Post
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify; [@mouseover,nodead] Dispel Magic; [help,nodead] Purify; [nodead] Dispel Magic
    Thanks for your help. There's one problem with that macro. If i have a target selected (and no mouseover target) the macro stops working. I would like a macro that dispels/purifies my target if no mouse over target exists.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2013-06-06 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks for your help. There's one problem with that macro. If i have a target selected (and no mouseover target) the macro stops working. I would like a macro that dispels/purifies my target if no mouse over target exists.

Wouldn't this fix that for you?

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify; [@mouseover,nodead] Dispel Magic; [@target,help,nodead] Purify; [@target,nodead][] Dispel Magic

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Wouldn't this fix that for you?

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Purify; [@mouseover,nodead] Dispel Magic; [@target,help,nodead] Purify; [@target,nodead][] Dispel Magic
    Thank's for the help. I got the same problem with this macro. If i have a target selected,hostile or friendly (and no mouseover target) the macro doesn't work.
    I would have to hoover with the mouse over my selected target to make it work again.

The macro seems to work for me by adding the command "exists"
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Purify; [@mouseover,exists] Dispel Magic; [@target,help,nodead] Purify; [@target,nodead][] Dispel Magic
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2013-06-07 at 01:41 AM.

Thank's for the help. I got the same problem with this macro. If i have a target selected,hostile or friendly (and no mouseover target) the macro doesn't work.
    I would have to hoover with the mouse over my selected target to make it work again.

The macro seems to work for me by adding the command "exists"
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Purify; [@mouseover,exists] Dispel Magic; [@target,help,nodead] Purify; [@target,nodead][] Dispel Magic
    In that case, I think what you posted will have issues in certain conditions, perhaps something more like:

Code:
    /use [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead]Purify;[@mouseover,exists,nodead]Dispel Magic;[@target,exists,help,nodead]Purify;[@target,exists,nodead][@player]Dispel Magic
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-06-08 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Reduced macro size