Hey guys!

I'm looking for a Hunter misdirect macro. I'm quite sure that it has been posted already but i can't for the life of me, find it anymore.

What i want it to do is:
    - Click the button once and make my current friendly, nonpet target my focus.. not the hostile target!
    - If focus target exists, cast Misdirection on the focus target, else cast it on my pet.

Hmm.. i think that's pretty much it. Maybe one of you guys has an even better one or something to add!?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /clearfocus [help]
    /focus [help]
    /cast [@focus,help][@pet] Misdirection

Probably not ideal.

I have /focus bound on all my characters and my MD macro looks like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod][help][@mouseover,help][@<insertTankName>] Misdirection
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-26 at 08:45 PM.

I have been trying for a while, searching, editing myself et etc... But I sinply cannot get my stampeding macro to work.

I am using a castsequence macro to get dash and stampede in one button, works. The problem is, that when dash is on cd and I am in human form, it pops bear form for the stampede. I want to change that to cat form, but the macro system doesn't recognize the ability "Stampeding Roar(Cat Form)".

So far it looks like this:

/castsequence reset=180 Dash, Stampeding Roar, Stampeding Roar

It allows me to cast stampeding roar twice since it's cd is shorter.

So... I want to be able to be in human, use it (I automatically enter cat form), leave cat form and cast it again with stampeding roar that throws me into cat form once again!

Stampeding Roar will always shift you into Bear if you're not in Cat Form, that's just how the ability works. The closest thing you could do would be try to have a macro cast either Cat Form or Prowl prior to casting Stampeding Roar but that would be complicated.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a such thing as a pet specialty conditionals? for example players go by [spec:1/2] is there a conditional for hunter Pets rather they are cunning/Tenacity/Ferocity. This would be great, since different specialties of the pets unlock different abilities that can be used in place of each other?

No, but you can do things like [pet:Gorilla] or [pet:MyGorillasName].

I have two very different macro requests:

1. I would like to see what dailies I have completed during each daily lockout. Either overall or by faction/zone/whatever. I dont care how this data would be displayed, but I am averse to using addons for something that can be accomplished by a macro. I was told by a blizzard GM (after creating a ticket regarding this topic) that a macro to display this information was possible. I was unable to copy/paste the macro provided by the GM, so I lost this information after the ticket was closed. any help would be appreciated.

2. I would like a macro that displays the current real-time CPU usage for my installed addons. I am using older hardware and I regard CPU usage as a large factor in determining how to most efficiently set up my UI, so this information is invaluable to me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Deleted
    You can view your closed tickets in the battle.net account management under "Support -> Your Support Tickets" by changing the filter from "View: Active Tickets" to "View: All Tickets".

As for an actual macro, GetQuestsCompleted(), then match against known daily IDs, I suppose. Probably couldn't fit it into a macro. Might be that there's a different API call for it.

Quote Originally Posted by brodiator View Post
    2. I would like a macro that displays the current real-time CPU usage for my installed addons. I am using older hardware and I regard CPU usage as a large factor in determining how to most efficiently set up my UI, so this information is invaluable to me.
    Could be wrong but I don't think is possible with a macro. There's no simple way to pull "CPU usage" without doing CPU profiling which is far too complicated for a macro.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-07-02 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Let me try. First off, you need to enable script profiling.
    Code:
    /console scriptProfile 1
    Do a /reload afterwards for good measure. Script profiling is memory intensive, so make sure you turn it back off after you're done by doing
    Code:
    /console scriptProfile 0
    As for the macro itself:
    Code:
    /run local t,a=table,{}UpdateAddOnCPUUsage()for i=1,GetNumAddOns()do t.insert(a,{GetAddOnCPUUsage(i),(GetAddOnInfo(i))})end t.sort(a,function(x,y)return x[1]>y[1]end)for i=1,10 do if a[i]then print(("#%02d: %s (%d ms)"):format(i,a[i][2],a[i][1]))end end
    Drycoded. Try it out.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-07-02 at 11:23 PM.

thanks treeston, ill try that out after maintenance today.

Very impressive you were able to fit that into a macro. I get this when I run it though:
    Message: [string "local t,a=table,{}UpdateAddonCPUUsage()for ..."]:1: attempt to call global 'UpdateAddonCPUUsage' (a nil value)
    Which is odd considering it seems you spelled the function correctly. Perhaps a certain addon needs to be loaded for it to work or the documentation is wrong?

Deleted
    It should be "UpdateAddOnCPUUsage", capital "O" in "AddOn". Fixed.

Silly Blizzard and their "AddOn"s, surprised I didn't catch that. Works great, nice script.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Is there a way to cast spells by ID in macros? I have this macro on my mage
    But it bugs out because it's confusing the spell Frozen Orb with the item Frozen Orb, so it uses the trinket without casting Orb.
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Frozen Orb()
    /use 14
    /use Frozen Orb()

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Frozen Orb()
    /use 14
    /use Frozen Orb()
    But it's still an interesting question: "Is there a way to cast spells by ID in macros?"

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a macro that only casts Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up? I have a Weak Aura to track the Predatory Swiftness buff, but sometimes I like to hold my Healing Touch casts because I'm using all my GCD's to get more important things up, and then I'll cast Healing Touch right as Predatory Swiftness wears off and pop out of Cat form which is really annoying.

Code:
    /run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end
    /use [@player,mod:shift][@target,help][]Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Code:
    /console autounshift 1
    Works like a charm. Thanks so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Code:
    /console autounshift 1
    I'm not familiar with the exact matter, but out of curiosity - could you explain what you did here? and what it has to do with predatory swiftness? thanks