Is there a way to cast spells by ID in macros? I have this macro on my mage:
    Code:
    /use 14
    /cast Frozen Orb
    But it bugs out because it's confusing the spell Frozen Orb with the item Frozen Orb, so it uses the trinket without casting Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Is there a way to cast spells by ID in macros? I have this macro on my mage
    But it bugs out because it's confusing the spell Frozen Orb with the item Frozen Orb, so it uses the trinket without casting Orb.
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Frozen Orb()
    /use 14
    /use Frozen Orb()

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    /use 14
    /use Frozen Orb()
    That works, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:

Code:
    /use 14
    /use Frozen Orb()
    But it's still an interesting question: "Is there a way to cast spells by ID in macros?"

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a macro that only casts Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up? I have a Weak Aura to track the Predatory Swiftness buff, but sometimes I like to hold my Healing Touch casts because I'm using all my GCD's to get more important things up, and then I'll cast Healing Touch right as Predatory Swiftness wears off and pop out of Cat form which is really annoying.

Code:
    /run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end
    /use [@player,mod:shift][@target,help][]Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Code:
    /console autounshift 1
    Works like a charm. Thanks so much.

Code:
    /console autounshift 1
    I'm not familiar with the exact matter, but out of curiosity - could you explain what you did here? and what it has to do with predatory swiftness? thanks
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

When you use an ability that requires you to be in caster form while shapeshifted, the client checks a console variable called "autounshift". If that variable is 1 (true) then it will automatically cancel your form and then cast the ability, if it is 0 (false) it will not unshift you and the ability cast will silently fail.

Since Predatory Swiftness (or Nature's Swiftness) allows the ability to be cast in form, the cast line only succeeds when the player has either of those buffs up.

A simpler form would be to simply set the variable to 0 using the console slash command, then cast the spell, then set it back to 1. The macro I provided is a tad more complicated and instead only sets the variable to 0 if you're in combat, that way you can freely pre-cast a Healing Touch outside of combat without manually having to shift out.

Pawkets' Armory

When you use an ability that requires you to be in caster form while shapeshifted, the client checks a console variable called "autounshift". If that variable is 1 (true) then it will automatically cancel your form and then cast the ability, if it is 0 (false) it will not unshift you and the ability cast will silently fail.

Since Predatory Swiftness (or Nature's Swiftness) allows the ability to be cast in form, the cast line only succeeds when the player has either of those buffs up.

A simpler form would be to simply set the variable to 0 using the console slash command, then cast the spell, then set it back to 1. The macro I provided is a tad more complicated and instead only sets the variable to 0 if you're in combat, that way you can freely pre-cast a Healing Touch outside of combat without manually having to shift out.
    I see, thanks a lot! that's pretty clever.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

I need a macro that casts DK's gargoyle, then 2 seconds after that casts all my cooldowns. Why? Because the gargoyle takes a couple seconds to fly down and start casting

Basically: how to you add a two second delay to a macro?

Words to live by.

You don't, at least not without pressing the button manually a second time 2 seconds later. Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.

Pawkets' Armory

You don't, at least not without pressing the button manually a second time 2 seconds later. Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.
    AFAIK, the snapshotting issues with summoned pets (including Warlock Doomguard and other similar pets) were eliminated a while back. Can't say that I've tested to verify this but pretty sure I've seen some blue posts in the past that directly answered this.

Also, doesn't Gargoyle snapshot? Or did they change that.
    It does not, tested it on dummies and the damage increases as you gain strength (from CDs, buffs, etc.)

Words to live by.

Alright, here's a super-basic question that pretty much anyone not retarded (unlike me) could probably answer...

I'm looking for a macro that will attack my target with spell X if I don't have a focus. If I DO have a focus, I want it to attack my focus instead.

I just need that modifier that swaps to the target instead. I already have /cast [@focus] X

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

If my memory serves me, it should be as simple as this (however, if not - then let me know)

I'm at work so I can't test before answering.

Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists] X; X

Yes, that should work, although you can simplify it a little:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists][] Spell
    It's also a good idea to replace "exists" with either "help" or "harm" depending on if you're casting a helpful or harmful spell respectively, that way it won't try to cast on an invalid target if you're doing something different with your focus.

Pawkets' Armory

Yes, that should work, although you can simplify it a little:
    Code:
    /cast [@focus, exists][] Spell
    It's also a good idea to replace "exists" with either "help" or "harm" depending on if you're casting a helpful or harmful spell respectively, that way it won't try to cast on an invalid target if you're doing something different with your focus.
    Yup, this worked like a charm, thanks

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

Would a macro like this be possible: Cast X damage spell if I have Y buff on me, if not then cast spell Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Would a macro like this be possible: Cast X damage spell if I have Y buff on me, if not then cast spell Z.
    Not possible (AFAIK).