Hey I need a one button macro that will switch my buff to Inner Will if Inner Fire is active and Inner Fire if Inner Will is active.

Thanks!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Hey I need a one button macro that will switch my buff to Inner Will if Inner Fire is active and Inner Fire if Inner Will is active.

Thanks!
    While you can't check if a buff is active or not, you can use a cast sequence macro like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Inner Will, Inner Fire
    This will cast Inner Will on the first press and Inner Fire on the second press, then reset to Inner Will, etc.

Or you can use a modifier macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Inner Fire; Inner Will
    This will cast Inner fire when a modifier is held (alt, ctrl, shift) and Inner Will when no mod is held.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Actually, this should work pretty well: (Untested)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Rushing Jade Wind
    /use Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger
    /use Chi Torpedo
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell(GetRunningMacro(),G("Rushing Jade Wind")or G("Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger")or G("Chi Torpedo"))
    As has been stated and tested many times in this thread, this method causes issues with tooltips and icons.

This is the addon that does it for you without those issues and a detailed explanation why that macro has issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...entMacros.html

any chance for a macro that taunts a special named target?

/cast [@name of npc, harm, nodead] Growl

but i cant get anything to work with a named target. growl works just fine on focus target tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyh View Post
    any chance for a macro that taunts a special named target?

/cast [@name of npc, harm, nodead] Growl

but i cant get anything to work with a named target. growl works just fine on focus target tho.
    @ only accepts unitIDs. You have to make it like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar <name of NPC>
    /cast Growl
    /targetlasttarget

fastest response ive ever had. works great thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    @ only accepts unitIDs. You have to make it like this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /tar <name of NPC>
    /cast Growl
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    I use this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast Mortal Coil
    /cast Howl of Terror

For switching between the two talents. When I have Mortal Coil it does show the icon, but when I use Howl of Terror it displays a question mark. How can I make it show the Howl of Terror icon as well?

Deleted
    are there any general macros for rogues? or it's all pretty standard

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I use this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast Mortal Coil
    /cast Howl of Terror

For switching between the two talents. When I have Mortal Coil it does show the icon, but when I use Howl of Terror it displays a question mark. How can I make it show the Howl of Terror icon as well?
    This explains everything. (posted 1 page back too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaunlet View Post
    are there any general macros for rogues? or it's all pretty standard
    For PvP, it's just a lot of [@focus,mod][]. For PvE, there isn't anything special aside from tricks:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,mod][@mouseover,help][help][@<insert regular tot target name>] Tricks of the Trade
    ^what I use.

If you're playing Combat, you should also macro AR and SB:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Adrenaline Rush
    /cast Shadow Blades
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-08 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    ^Thanks for the link.

Deleted
    I am going insane trying to make a macro that will let me go from any form to cat form in and out of combat, but if I am out of combat will let me prowl. I have a macro that does basicly this, but it needs 2 clicks to prowl, 1 makes it go into cat form, another makes me prowl. Is there any way I can make it 1 click into prowl if out of combat?

Code:
    #show Prowl
    /cancelform [stance:1] Dire Bear Form; [stance:7] Tree of Life; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form
    /cast [nostance] Cat Form; [stance:3, nostealth]Prowl
    This is my macro, but as said I'd like it to be 1 click to stealth out of combat instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    I am going insane trying to make a macro that will let me go from any form to cat form in and out of combat, but if I am out of combat will let me prowl. I have a macro that does basicly this, but it needs 2 clicks to prowl, 1 makes it go into cat form, another makes me prowl. Is there any way I can make it 1 click into prowl if out of combat?

Code:
    #show Prowl
    /cancelform [stance:1] Dire Bear Form; [stance:7] Tree of Life; [stance:4] Travel Form; [stance:5] Moonkin Form
    /cast [nostance] Cat Form; [stance:3, nostealth] Prowl
    This is my macro, but as said I'd like it to be 1 click to stealth out of combat instead of 2.
    I don't know the ins and outs of druid macros, but you could give this a try:

Code:
    #showtooltip Prowl
    /cast [noform:3] Cat Form
    /cast !Prowl

Looking at other shifting macros, I don't see /cancelform. I'm not sure if that line in your macro is necessary.

Your current macro takes 2 presses because you have Cat Form and Prowl on the same line, which makes them mutually exclusive on a single press. If my macro doesn't work, I suspect you could just put Prowl on its own line:

Code:
    #show Prowl
    /cast [nostance] Cat Form
    /cast [stance:3, nostealth]Prowl

PS does "#show" actually work as a shortened version of "#showtooltip" or was that a typo? I'm at work right now, so I can't test it.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-08 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know the ins and outs of druid macros, but you could give this a try:

Code:
    #showtooltip Prowl
    /cast [noform:3] Cat Form
    /cast !Prowl
    Looking at other shifting macros, I don't see /cancelform. I'm not sure if that line in your macro is necessary.
    Looks like the [noform:3] does the same thing as my cancelform, the reason I have that there is because if it wasn't there it wouldn't let me change from one form to another, but only from no form to cat form.

Your current macro takes 2 presses because you have Cat Form and Prowl on the same line, which makes them mutually exclusive on a single press. If my macro doesn't work, I suspect you could just put Prowl on its own line:

Code:
    #show Prowl
    /cast [nostance] Cat Form
    /cast [stance:3, nostealth]Prowl

PS does "#show" actually work as a shortened version of "#showtooltip" or was that a typo? I'm at work right now, so I can't test it.
    #show does work as a short version of #showtooltip and both of those macros take 2 presses to go into stealth from another form

All I want is to go from Moonkin/Tree of Life form (mostly) and then directly into stealth if I am out of combat and if I am in combat I still want the macro to put me in cat form.

It's probably not possible to do in one press then; Cat Form and Prowl must both trigger a GCD.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-08-08 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Using Prowl outside Cat Form will shift to Cat and Prowl in the same global
    Didn't know that. Does that work with all abilities that require a specific form or just a few (or just Prowl even)?

Just Prowl, Dash, and Might of Ursoc as far as I know.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    The difference is in the tooltip. For example, Dash states "Using this ability activates Cat Form." It will auto-shift you and you can use it in another form with only a single global. On the other hand, things like Mangle state "Requires Cat Form". These won't auto-shift you, and you can't use it in another form with only a single global (as you need to manually shift first).

Is there a possibility, to create a makro to use mount A in any capital city, mount B out-side of cities and mount C in arreas where flying is not possible?

There's no conditional for rested or similar, but there is one for flying called "flyable".
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [flyable] Protodrake; Warbear
    This would mount up your Protodrake when you can fly and your Warbear when you can't (swap the names to whatever you want, of course).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    CastSpellByName is protected for everything except toggling profession windows.

Something with CallCompanion might work.

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this:
    Code:
    local n,m,x=(IsFlyableArea() and (IsResting() and 0000 or 1111) or 2222),"MOUNT"for i=1,GetNumCompanions(m)do,x=GetCompanionInfo(m,i)if x==n then CallCompanion(m,i)return end end
    Replace 0000 with the creatureID of your city flyer, 1111 with the creatureID of your non-city flyer and 2222 with the creatureID of your ground mount.

To get the mounts' creatureIDs, you can use this, which will print the creatureID (and mount spell, for verification) for each mount matching the name you specify.
    Code:
    local m,x,y,z="MOUNT" for i=1,GetNumCompanions(m) do x,y,z=GetCompanionInfo(m,i) if y=="Black War Raptor" then print(x,GetSpellLink(z)) end end
    (While obviously replacing "Black War Raptor" with whatever your mount's name is.)