You can try to add the nomod condition to your existing lines so that they're not executed when using modifiers.

Code:
    /petattack [@pettarget,noexists,nomod]
    /petfollow [@pettarget,exists,nomod]
    /petmoveto [mod:shift]
    /petstay [mod:ctrl]

Deleted
    Is 'pettarget' a valid unitID? Hm, it should be.

Code:
    /petfollow [@pettarget,exists]
    /stopmacro [@pettarget,exists][noexists]
    /petattack

EDIT: Derp, I can't read.
    Code:
    /stopmacro [mod:shift/ctrl]
    /petattack [target=pettarget,noexists]
    /petfollow [target=pettarget,exists]
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-08-29 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    You can try to add the nomod condition to your existing lines so that they're not executed when using modifiers.

Code:
    /petattack [@pettarget,noexists,nomod]
    /petfollow [@pettarget,exists,nomod]
    You are a MF genious! Thanks alot man! Works like a charm

Deleted
    I have never understoon macros. I mean, why cant i just manually press abilities? its not like macro makes them all go off at the same time because of how wow works, general cooldowns are in between.

I would like a Shadow Word: Death macro that will cast it primarily on my mouseover enemy target or if such does not exist then on my current enemy target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have never understoon macros. I mean, why cant i just manually press abilities? its not like macro makes them all go off at the same time because of how wow works, general cooldowns are in between.
    Macros makes it possible to raise your skillcap and open the possibility for more control over your gameplay. Thats why I use macros atleast

Deleted
    Yeah but I dont understand why cant i achieve same result with manually pressin all of them. Since macros do not change the fact that abilities cannot be casted simultaneously, it should be irrelevant.

Deleted
    Yeah but I dont understand why cant i achieve same result with manually pressin all of them. Since macros do not change the fact that abilities cannot be casted simultaneously, it should be irrelevant.
    Fast example since i dont have time to explain:

Lets say you can press 10 keys (you can probably press more but lets use a nice round number for the example) with your hand.

With modifiers you can now press 40 keys by using shift, ctrl and alt as modifiers.

If you dont understand why that would give an advantage im afraid explaining it wont make it clearer anyways

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopina View Post
    I would like a Shadow Word: Death macro that will cast it primarily on my mouseover enemy target or if such does not exist then on my current enemy target.
    Code:
    /cast [exists,@mouseover,harm][] Shadow Word: Death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Fast example since i dont have time to explain:

Lets say you can press 10 keys (you can probably press more but lets use a nice round number for the example) with your hand.

With modifiers you can now press 40 keys by using shift, ctrl and alt as modifiers.

If you dont understand why that would give an advantage im afraid explaining it wont make it clearer anyways
    You mean its used to reduce keybind?

You mean its used to reduce keybind?
    By using modifiers in your macros you can actually increase your keybinds. Say you're limited to 10 action bars with 12 buttons, each of which can be bound to a key or key combination of mod+key. That's a maximum of 120 key combinations, however instead of having one button bound to '1', another to 'shift+1', another to 'ctrl+1' etc, with the use of a macro you can have a single button bound to '1', 'shift+1', 'ctrl+1', 'alt+1', 'shift+ctrl+1', 'shift+alt+1', 'ctrl+alt+1' and 'shift+ctrl+alt+1'. That would multiply your possible key combinations to 8*120=960.

I don't think the modifier example is a good one, because who would ever even need as many as 100 key combinations? A better example is the extensive amount of possibilities of targeting functions. By just putting spells from your spell book onto your bars you have to manually target each unit you want to cast on which requires at least 2 actions; one to click and select your target and another to use your spell. A macro can do this in a single action, the following macro will cast Fear on the unit you're mousing over if it exists and is an enemy, otherwise it will cast on your focus if it exists and is an enemy otherwise it will attempt cast on your target. No need to click on the mouseover/focus unit first.
    Code:
    /use [@mouseover,harm][@focus,harm][] Fear
    You can also use macros to combine spells that are off the GCD, casting several abilities with a single push of a button instead of pushing 2-3 buttons simultaneously or in rapid succession. Or you can use macros to announce certain abilities, such as a whisper warning when using a cooldown on the tank, so he an save his own or raid warnings making it easier to line up raid cooldowns.

These simple examples are just one marginal part of what you can do with macros, I remember in MoP beta before you could use addons you could make your own damage meter with the use of a couple of macros. That's right, you can use the same programming language in macros as you would in addons, the only real limitation to macros is the 255 character limit.

Deleted
    /cast Asphyxiate
    /cast Pillar of frost
    /cast Icebound fortitude
    /cast Grievous Gladiator's badge of victory
    /cast Blood fury
    /cast Horn of winter
    /cast Raise dead

Why doesnt this work? It leaves horn of winter and raise dead out

Deleted
    Alright so I really suck at macros since I've never bothered looking into them much other than the basic.

Would anyone be kind enough to make me 2 macros?

The first one would be a macro which casts power word: shield on my self if I don't have shift pressed, if I have shift pressed it will cast it on my mouse over and if I have no mouse over it should cast it on my target.

The second macro would be a macro where if I press shift, it will cast Purify on my self, with no mod pressed it should cast it on my mouse over if no mouse over on my current target. Than if I'm targeting an enemy instead of an ally, when I press the key without a mod it should cast Dispel Magic on my target, if I hold down shift it should still cast purify on my self.

Hope they're both possible since it would save me creating and getting used to new binds D:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, help, nodead, mod:shift][] Power Word: Shield
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@player, mod:shift][help, nodead] Purify; [harm] Dispel Magic

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Works perfectly, thanks.

Deleted
    Is it possible to make a macro that works like what Clique does? Mainly clicking on a unit frame targets that unit and casts a spell, but with the default unit frames. I really only need it for one spell so installing an addon seems like overkill to me.
    Last edited by mmoce86fe97048; 2013-09-07 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Not really. Click-to-cast requires you to dynamically update attributes on the default unit frames as they are created, so while you could of course make it into a string of macros (since you can make everything into a string of macros), at that point simply installing Clique - which, as far as I'm aware, should work perfectly fine with the default frames - is far easier and simpler (and more efficient by far).

Deleted
    Alright, thanks. It was wishful thinking anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    So this is the macro I'm using.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Azure Water Strider
    /use [button: 1] Red Flying Cloud
    /use [button: 2] Grand Expedition Yak
    /dismount [mounted]
    What I would like to add is when in a non-flight area it summons a different mount other than the Red Flying cloud. And I would like to make it to where shift+right click summons the Azure Water Strider and shift+left click summons a different mount.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift, button:2] Azure Water Strider; [mod:shift] nameofsecondmount
    /use [button: 1, flyable] Red Flying Cloud; [button:1] nameofgroundmount
    /use [button: 2] Grand Expedition Yak
    /dismount [mounted]