Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarius View Post
    Evening everyone,
    I could use help with a simple mouseover macro to get me started on using them if possible.

I would like the spell to cast Healing Surge on mouseover, or if my target is friendly. If my target is an enemy I would like it to cast Lightning Bolt, and if I have no target or mouseover to cast Healing Surge on myself.

Thank you.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help]Healing Surge;[harm,nodead,exists]Lightning Bolt;[@self]Healing Surge
    I'm pretty sure you can make that shorter somehow.
    Last edited by mmoce86fe97048; 2013-09-23 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Well, I'm really not sure why you'd want such a macro so I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to achieve, but perhaps this is what you're looking for?
    Code:
    /cast [@pet,nodead] Misdirection
    /castsequence Arcane Shot, Mend Pet
    I'm trying to do different things with a single macro/button press. Free up some spaces on my action bar.
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

I'm looking for a macro that will target the nearest enemy player, unless none exists, in which case it will target nearest enemy - to replace my current tab settings. So far all I've been able to do is change the keybinding to either target an enemy player or to target nearest attack-able NPC. This macro has the potential to help tremendously. Any advice will probably help. Thank you!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /targetenemy 
    /tagetenemyplayer
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-09-25 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Evening everyone,
    I could use help with a simple mouseover macro to get me started on using them if possible.

I would like the spell to cast Healing Surge on mouseover, or if my target is friendly. If my target is an enemy I would like it to cast Lightning Bolt, and if I have no target or mouseover to cast Healing Surge on myself.

Thank you.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [harm] Lightning Bolt; [@mouseover,help][help][]Healing Surge

This should work!
    Last edited by mmocdd3a52d9a8; 2013-09-25 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Evening everyone,

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help]Healing Surge;[harm,nodead,exists]Lightning Bolt;[@self]Healing Surge
    I'm pretty sure you can make that shorter somehow.
    I believe [@self] should be [@player], but maybe both could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brozred View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [harm] Lightning Bolt; [@mouseover,help][help][]Healing Surge

This should work!
    In general, Mortarius needs to specify what would be his preferred priority (e.g. what happens if he mouseovers a friend and targets an enemy).

Deleted
    Alright. So im once again looking towards the macro-gods of this forum for help on a macro-issue.

This is the macro im currently using;

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod,@target] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@target] Dominate Mind

What i want to do is one of two things.

The best thing would be for ctrl to cancelaura the Dominate Mind when pressed again and if that isnt
    possible then add an mod:alt for /cancelaura.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Dominate Mind; [mod:shift,@focus][nomod] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cancelaura [mod:alt] Dominate Mind
    Not too big of a macro god, so I don't really know if your "pressed again" request is possible. But this does your alternative and should work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Dominate Mind; [mod:shift,@focus][nomod] Holy Word: Chastise
    /cancelaura [mod:alt] Dominate Mind
    Not too big of a macro god, so I don't really know if your "pressed again" request is possible. But this does your alternative and should work.
    Works like a charm (no pun intended)

If anyone finds a way to macro the first alternative (ctrl both activating and cancelling Dominate Mind) i would appreciate that.

Until then i will use the above macro.

Thanks alot!

Hey guys need some help developing a macro for my mage. I want something that casts iceblock, then cancels it (to clear dots/debuffs), casts invisibility and dismisses pet. Is that possible in one macro?

Hi! I need a macro that casts Expel Harm, then keeps spamming Soothing Mist until Expel Harm is ready again. Thanks in advance!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    Hi! I need a macro that casts Expel Harm, then keeps spamming Soothing Mist until Expel Harm is ready again. Thanks in advance!
    macros can't check for cooldowns

@Redwyrm:
    Code:
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /run PetAbandon()
    /cast Invisibility
    you need to spam it at least 2 times anyway (1 to cast IB, the other for the rest, can't check because i don't have a mage)

Thanks Destard, will give it a try when I get home

I'm trying to make a macro for a weapon+shield swap (so change MH with other main hand and shield with another shield).
    This is mainly for CM's so i can be hitcapped on bosses and hitcapped on trash, and being in combat doesn't matter when swapping them.

Atm i made
    Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    which works great as long as i keep the right combination in my two first bag slots.
    However i'd like a personal message to inform me which combo i'm wearing.

So if i equip the combo with more hit for bosses, it could give a personal message, "BOSS"
    and if i equip the other set with less hit, it could give the personal message, "TRASH"

Have been trying to make it work, but i can't and maybe it can be solved in another way.
    I think it may be possible with maybe the equipment manager, however I want it to be a toggle (so 1 button to swap forth and back) and can't use any modifiers on it. It also can not re-equip it all as I don't want my trinkets and tinkers put on cd.

or maybe some script so i can see my hitrating permanently or maybe the warning can be just my hitrating in stead of BOSS or TRASH.

I gave my weapons and shield already a different xmog, but still too confusing

Big thanks in advance if you can help me out

Deleted
    Hi, im currently using this macro:
    #showtooltip Riptide
    /cast [harm, nodead] Earth Shock; [help, nodead] Riptide

What im now are looking for is someone awesome that can tell me what i need to add to this macro to be able to use mousebutton 5 as a modifer to cast Wind shear at arenatarget1. I've tried figuring it out myself and spent some time looking for answers alrdy posted, but had no luck so far.

Feel free to msg me or quote me and reply answer here. BIG UPS in advance to anyone who can help me with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    I'm trying to make a macro for a weapon+shield swap (so change MH with other main hand and shield with another shield).
    This is mainly for CM's so i can be hitcapped on bosses and hitcapped on trash, and being in combat doesn't matter when swapping them.

Atm i made
    Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    which works great as long as i keep the right combination in my two first bag slots.
    However i'd like a personal message to inform me which combo i'm wearing.

So if i equip the combo with more hit for bosses, it could give a personal message, "BOSS"
    and if i equip the other set with less hit, it could give the personal message, "TRASH"

Have been trying to make it work, but i can't and maybe it can be solved in another way.
    I think it may be possible with maybe the equipment manager, however I want it to be a toggle (so 1 button to swap forth and back) and can't use any modifiers on it. It also can not re-equip it all as I don't want my trinkets and tinkers put on cd.

or maybe some script so i can see my hitrating permanently or maybe the warning can be just my hitrating in stead of BOSS or TRASH.

I gave my weapons and shield already a different xmog, but still too confusing

Big thanks in advance if you can help me out
    I think you can use the [equipped] conditional with items (e.g. [equipped:Some Weapon Name]).

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I think you can use the [equipped] conditional with items (e.g. [equipped:Some Weapon Name]).
    Well I just tried, I think i can't use any message function with conditionals (as they are all considered insecure).

I've taken a look at some of the syntax and only secure functions can use it (well excluding /equip etc). You can't use the weapon name either only the type or subtype (so [equipped:fist weapons] etc). it seems i'll have to look into a script for that or maybe find an addon that allows insecure commands to have conditionals. I'm not 100% sure about this but i was able to use conditionals if i used secure commands.

Anyway, big thanks for the advise already

Well I just tried, I think i can't use any message function with conditionals (as they are all considered insecure).

I've taken a look at some of the syntax and only secure functions can use it (well excluding /equip etc). You can't use the weapon name either only the type or subtype (so [equipped:fist weapons] etc). it seems i'll have to look into a script for that or maybe find an addon that allows insecure commands to have conditionals. I'm not 100% sure about this but i was able to use conditionals if i used secure commands.

Anyway, big thanks for the advise already
    /run print("Boss Miss Chance: "..GetMeleeMissChance(3))

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    /run print("Boss Miss Chance: "..GetMeleeMissChance(3))
    Thanks! Annoying thing is that the equipping has some lag, so i get the hit chance i had before swapping.

I just downloaded macrotalk and could make it work. /optsay allows you to use conditionals/options. I can also send a whisper to myself. This will do for now, i actually wanted it as a raid warning but the chat bubble is good enough for me.

Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /optsay [equipped:fist weapons] TRASH
    /optsay [equipped:daggers] BOSS
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    my fist set is actually for bosses but due to the small lag because of the swap, it works.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks! Annoying thing is that the equipping has some lag, so i get the hit chance i had before swapping.

I just downloaded macrotalk and could make it work. /optsay allows you to use conditionals/options. I can also send a whisper to myself. This will do for now, i actually wanted it as a raid warning but the chat bubble is good enough for me.

Code:
    #showtooltip 0 1
    /optsay [equipped:fist weapons] TRASH
    /optsay [equipped:daggers] BOSS
    /equip 0 1
    /equip 0 2
    my fist set is actually for bosses but due to the small lag because of the swap, it works.

Thanks for the help!
    Ah, I didn't know you had different weapon types.

I'm assuming you mean a message in your raid warning frame, and not an actual /rw chat message...if that's the case,
    /run RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidWarningFrame, SecureCmdOptionParse("[equipped:fist weapons]TRASH;BOSS"), ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])
    Last edited by pnutbutter; 2013-09-28 at 06:06 PM.