Deleted
    The following is arguably a little better, in that instead of clearing everything currently in the error frame it will just disable error reporting (and error sounds) when attempting to use the gloves:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Hand of Gul'dan, Corruption, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis, Doom, Doom, Grimoire: Felguard, Felstorm
    /run SlashCmdList.UI_ERRORS_OFF()
    /use 10
    /run SlashCmdList.UI_ERRORS_ON()
    /petattack

("/use 10" attempts to use whatever item is equipped on your hands; you could just as well enter the whole item name, except then this macro would be over the limit of 255 characters.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    ("/use 10" attempts to use whatever item is equipped on your hands; you could just as well enter the whole item name, except then this macro would be over the limit of 255 characters.)
    (+ /use 10 still works when you get new gloves and thus is preferrable anyway )

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey all, I'd like to create a macro that I will be able to use to cast Strangulate on target, but also focus target if I have another target on focus. Priority would be on the focus target if possible. Thanks!!
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by raziel083 View Post
    Hey all, I'd like to create a macro that I will be able to use to cast Strangulate on target, but also focus target if I have another target on focus. Priority would be on the focus target if possible. Thanks!!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, harm, nodead][] Strangulate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, harm, nodead][] Strangulate

Thanks Rarch!!
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

I've been looking for a macro to use Earth Elemental Totem and Fire Elemental Totem (without modifiers), any of them that's not on CD. I tried a castsequence with a reset-function, but it simply stops working after a while. I just want the macro to go to the next in group if the current Elemental is on CD, and try the other one and go in a loop.

I tried with this:

Code:
    #show
    /castsequence reset=180 Fire Elemental Totem,Earth Elemental Totem
    /use Reinforce
    /use Empower

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I've been looking for a macro to use Earth Elemental Totem and Fire Elemental Totem (without modifiers), any of them that's not on CD. I tried a castsequence with a reset-function, but it simply stops working after a while. I just want the macro to go to the next in group if the current Elemental is on CD, and try the other one and go in a loop.

I tried with this:

Code:
    #show
    /castsequence reset=180 Fire Elemental Totem,Earth Elemental Totem
    /use Reinforce
    /use Empower
    Macros can't check for cooldowns, and the reset timer starts again each time you press the button, that's why it won't work.

Deleted
    While fighting Malkorok I get absolutely spammed by healing absorb messages like "+0(54321 absorbed)." I'm currently using this macro to disable all the other incoming heals and it has served me well so far:
    Code:
    /run local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;
    /run MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()

What do I need to add to make those absorb messages disappear?

I also tried making this macro into an addon like this, but it doesn't work. I feel it has to do with the fact that I need it to run when I enter the world, but it just doesn't get executed. Directory name is "NoIncHeals" and this is my NoIncHeals.toc:
    Code:
    ## Interface: 50400
    ## Title: NoIncHeals
    NoIncHeals.lua
    This is my NoIncHeals.lua:
    Code:
    local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;
    MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()
    What am I doing wrong? It says to cut off the /run in that thread, but doesn't make a difference, if it's there or not.

Deleted
    You'll want to add HEAL_ABSORB, HEAL_CRIT_ABSORB and PERIODIC_HEAL_ABSORB.

PS: Try adding the following line below the ##Title in your TOC:
    Code:
    ## Dependencies: Blizzard_CombatText

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You'll want to add HEAL_ABSORB, HEAL_CRIT_ABSORB and PERIODIC_HEAL_ABSORB.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    PS: Try adding the following line below the ##Title in your TOC:
    Code:
    ## Dependencies: Blizzard_CombatText
    Weird, when I first added that line it did nothing, but after several restarts it began working. I'm none the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by o03o View Post
    While fighting Malkorok I get absolutely spammed by healing absorb messages like "+0(54321 absorbed)." I'm currently using this macro to disable all the other incoming heals and it has served me well so far:
    Code:
    /run local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;
    /run MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()
    What do I need to add to make those absorb messages disappear?

I also tried making this macro into an addon like this, but it doesn't work. I feel it has to do with the fact that I need it to run when I enter the world, but it just doesn't get executed. Directory name is "NoIncHeals" and this is my NoIncHeals.toc:
    Code:
    ## Interface: 50400
    ## Title: NoIncHeals
    NoIncHeals.lua
    This is my NoIncHeals.lua:
    Code:
    local t=COMBAT_TEXT_TYPE_INFO;t.HEAL.show=nil;t.HEAL_CRIT.show=nil;t.PERIODIC_HEAL.show=nil;
    MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()
    What am I doing wrong? It says to cut off the /run in that thread, but doesn't make a difference, if it's there or not.
    You know you can just turn that off in your Interface Options, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    You know you can just turn that off in your Interface Options, right?
    No, you can't or I wouldn't be using that solution. You can disable pretty much anything through your Interface options, but incoming healing and damage is not among them. Or maybe I have a weird client issue, where that doesn't show up. Or I have really bad eyes and you could show me where that option is hidden?

Deleted
    No, you can't or I wouldn't be using that solution. You can disable pretty much anything through your Interface options, but incoming healing and damage is not among them. Or maybe I have a weird client issue, where that doesn't show up. Or I have really bad eyes and you could show me where that option is hidden?
    I remember having an option (in MSBT, however) to set a threshold for dmg/healing shown. However, I don't know if it would count the actual healing received or the amount before absorb...

I meant for absorbs, not general damage and healing (although disabling everything will disable those as well). This is what works for me:
    http://i.imgur.com/br5B6PY.png

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    I meant for absorbs, not general damage and healing (although disabling everything will disable those as well). This is what works for me:
    http://i.imgur.com/br5B6PY.png
    That option doesn't do a thing for me. Maybe one of my addons interferes with it, however I have nothing running that modifies the combat text (to my knowledge). I'm going to try running without addons next time and see if it works then. Thanks for you help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Macros can't check for cooldowns, and the reset timer starts again each time you press the button, that's why it won't work.
    I see. Thank you very much for your answer. Any idea how I can make a macro that works as close as to how I want it without modifiers though?

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    I see. Thank you very much for your answer. Any idea how I can make a macro that works as close as to how I want it without modifiers though?
    You can't. You have to either use a modifier or have two keybinds.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Okay, thanks for your answers, guys!

Deleted
    Hey guys,

is there any working macro to target the healing stream/tide of the opponent shaman ( arena / rbg )?

"/target Healing Stream Totem" doesn't do anything
    "/targetenemy Healing Stream Totem" cycles through the other 3 trash totems before it targets healing stream

so is there a reliable macro that targets the enemy healing stream totem ( not your own / your shaman's ) and healing tide or am i forced to cycle through the other 3 first?

Pretty sure it can't be done anymore because of the old pet totem killing macros. I haven't tried since they changed that back in the day but I don't recall them ever changing that back.