Alright, that's what I thought. I just wanted to confirm before I go tearing around my entire UI to figure out what's going on, just to find out I'm an idiot and there's some other command than /startattack or something.

I had an issue a while back with my autoattack infrequently being turned off and the issue ended up being having a /target ... /targetlasttarget macro as a rotational ability. Probably not your issue but who knows.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Hello,

I would like to macro a sound to an ability, I think I understand how this works. But the problem is the Sound File. So if there are some amazing Sound File wizards out here, I would very much like some help!

A while ago I made a DK, while doing the quest: www,wowwiki.com/Quest:The_Might_Of_The_Scourge, I heared an, in my opinion, amazing sound Scourge Horn. I tried finding the Appropriate sound file, however all I could come up with is the basic horn sound, used by NPCscan trigger for instance.

With Wowhead recently adding a new feature: Sound Files. basicly allows you to scroll through and filter the soundfiles without extra addons/programs. So I started looking for the soundfile again, with no luck at all. It made it easier to to find several Horns, foghorn of Stormwind and whatnot, sadly not the horn related to the DK starter quest.

If anyone with more knowledge on how to find the soundfile could explain to me how I can filter for a event/trigger of a quest completion, which will make the sound play. I can't find the sound file simply looking at Highlord Darion Mograine his files. Or if it is easily found, a link is also very much appriciated!

Quest: The Might of the Scourge (Completion!)
    NPC: Highlord Darion Mograine?
    On completion emotes:
    - Highlord Darion Mograine calls upon the mighty armies of the Scourge!
    - Highlord Darion Mograine yells: Armies of the Scourge, hear my call! The scarlet apocalypse has begun! Tear this land asunder and leave only death in your wake!

In between of the 1st and 2nd emote, if I remember correctly, a very long Scourge Horn sound will play. Both emotes happen after you hand in the quest, I couldnt find the sound file being linked to the quest.

I apologize if this is considered the wrong section of the forums, but seeing as it is slightly related to macro's I thought I'd ask here! If I was wrong, please direct me into the right part of the forums

Thanks alot in advance!

Dora.
    Last edited by mmoc0d8208a29e; 2013-12-24 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoraTeaExplorer View Post
    In between of the 1st and 2nd emote, if I remember correctly, a very long Scourge Horn sound will play. Both emotes happen after you hand in the quest, I couldnt find the sound file being linked to the quest.
    This is your best resource
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tedforMoP.html

If that doesn't help, you're basically out of luck, since Blizzard provides no easy way to know what sound is playing

So I was playing wow, when the electricity went out and my computer turned off. When I turned it on again and logged into wow i found that every single game and addon settings were reset and every single one of my general macros were gone. I logged in and there is no guildchat or /s, /y these things. I found the macro.txt and there is only a decursive macro in it. I've tried everything i know, but nothing helps. Maybe somebody can help.

Thanks

If you don't have a backup (done manually or by your OS or otherwise) there's probably nothing that can be done about it other than starting fresh.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I have a question about abilities that you need to cast onto the ground via a target reticle (I believe that is the correct term).

So right now on my hunter lets say that I want to launch snake trap. I press F12 which is where the snake trap spell is at, then the green reticle pops up and I move my mouse pointer to where I want it placed and left click the mouse button and presto, snake trap is placed.

What I want to know is how do I make a macro that when I press the F12 button, snake trap launches wherever my mouse pointer is located? There is a guy in my guild who uses this sort of macro for most (or all) of the spells/abilities that have some sort of targeting reticle that gets placed on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    What I want to know is how do I make a macro that when I press the F12 button, snake trap launches wherever my mouse pointer is located? There is a guy in my guild who uses this sort of macro for most (or all) of the spells/abilities that have some sort of targeting reticle that gets placed on the ground.
    This is not possible without the use if third party software, which would be considered breaking the ToS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuru View Post
    So I was playing wow, when the electricity went out and my computer turned off. When I turned it on again and logged into wow i found that every single game and addon settings were reset and every single one of my general macros were gone. I logged in and there is no guildchat or /s, /y these things. I found the macro.txt and there is only a decursive macro in it. I've tried everything i know, but nothing helps. Maybe somebody can help.

Thanks
    I'd suggest what I suggested here, for the future: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post23467735
    Shiboomi of <Riot> on US-Sargeras

ok guys i'm looking for something like this for my priest:

cast heal on mouseover, but if i don't have anyone mouseovered i want it to go on my target instead. possible?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    ok guys i'm looking for something like this for my priest:

cast heal on mouseover, but if i don't have anyone mouseovered i want it to go on my target instead. possible?

thx
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Heal; Heal

should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

should work.
    like a charm, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post

should work.
    Better:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead][] Heal
    If you accidentally mouseover an enemy but want to heal your normal target, the first macro would try to heal the enemy (because it "exists"), my version would ignore the mouseover in this case.
    I effectively only replaced "exists" by "help. nodead", the other differences are equivalent.

Deleted
    One simply macro pls:
    Cancel moonkin form and Cast Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger.
    Tried:
    /use Blue Sado-Pan Riding Tiger
    and:
    /cast Blue Sado-Pan Riding Tiger
    But it didn't work for me...

Deleted
    "Shado-Pan". Make sure you've spelled it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaos View Post
    One simply macro pls:
    Cancel moonkin form and Cast Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger.
    Tried:
    /use Blue Sado-Pan Riding Tiger
    and:
    /cast Blue Sado-Pan Riding Tiger
    But it didn't work for me...
    Why do you want to cancel Moonkin form? Also Shift+click spells/mounts/items while your macro editing is open inserts it correctly.

Deleted
    Wow, mispelled it and it was reason it wasn't working. My bad.
    Anyway tried to shift click on action bar on mount, but it wasn't work... Idk why...
    And i want to cancel moonking form because my character with my gear looks better on tigers then moonkin, so... And it is annoying to cancel that form every time I mount ground mount...

Hello, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but the search function comes up empty. Anyways, looking for a macro for this.

If no focus it will hammer target
    If focus it will hammer focus
    If focus will hit target with shift

Hopefully Ive made it clear on what im trying to do.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Not sure what hammer you're talking about, but just pop in the spell name for "Hammer" in this macro:

Code:
    #showtoolip
    /use [mod:shift, @target, nodead] [@focus, nodead] [] Hammer

That should do what you're asking for, I believe.

Sorry, I was referring to Hammer of Justice. That doesn't quite do what I need/want. It works only if I have a focus target or if I'm holding shift, but I cant just hit it if Ive only got a target without holding shift, I don't know if its possible or not but if it is that would be cool.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"