15+ Year Old Account
    There are addons that let you just do something like /cast Tier1 and the addon fills out the macro for you if you change specs; but, I've never seen one that uses the talent selection as a condition.

Though, that one I linked could probably be easily updated. It's expecting an empty macro with a specific name (e.g. tier_3). Something could be put in the macro body to give it an override spell and then it could use that instead of the talent spell. But, that's up to you or the author .
    Last edited by Pelf; 2014-01-19 at 04:41 AM. Reason: missing closing tag
    Shiboomi of <Riot> on US-Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I believe it's always been Alt+Up with default UI? I run into that issue everytime I start up on PTR =P Sounds like an addon change.
    Addons were able to remove the need for the alt-modifier and make it just the arrow keys.
    However with a patch blizzard (seemingly unintentionally) broke that functionality, and therefore forcing the need to go back to the alt-modifier.
    Unless you try replacing the "history" function with Crappy Chat Fix @ wowinterface.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

quest item auto use

up until recently i was using a macro to use any quest appropriate item automatically on your mouseover target. it doesn't seem to be working anymore. i'm using target[mouseover] and clickwatchframe
    Last edited by blitzie; 2014-01-22 at 07:54 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    try this
    Code:
    /target [exists, @mouseover]
    /click WatchFrameItem1
    /click WatchFrameItem2
    i recommend using both WatchFrameItem1 and WatchFrameItem2 because when you have a lot of quests it might use a quest item of the wrong quest
    Last edited by S7orm; 2014-01-23 at 01:36 AM.

Have a problem with mouseover macro

currently have /cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain

The probelm is that it will not work on the healthbar of my currently selected target but will work on the target itself or on the the target box. Just wont work on the target healthbar (out in the field) if you can understand that

15+ Year Old Account
    So, you're saying that when you have an enemy targeted and you mouse over their nameplate, the macro doesn't work?
    But, when you hover over the 3D model of the enemy or when you hover over your target unit frame, it does work?
    Shiboomi of <Riot> on US-Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Pelf View Post
    So, you're saying that when you have an enemy targeted and you mouse over their nameplate, the macro doesn't work?
    But, when you hover over the 3D model of the enemy or when you hover over your target unit frame, it does work?
    Correct....

worked around it by adding [target=target,exists,harm,nodead]

So now its working as intended. Just odd that it didnt work when it did before on my old computer
    Last edited by katta; 2014-01-27 at 12:06 AM.

I'm not positive what would be causing that, but there's nothing technically wrong with your macro. The way it's written, it shouldn't work on your target if you're not mousing over anything, which I'm guessing isn't intended, but it's not technically written in such a way that the macro wouldn't work at all. There could be some kind of conflict regarding that, maybe? Try a cleaner version of the macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Shadow Word: Pain

See if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    I'm not positive what would be causing that, but there's nothing technically wrong with your macro. The way it's written, it shouldn't work on your target if you're not mousing over anything, which I'm guessing isn't intended, but it's not technically written in such a way that the macro wouldn't work at all. There could be some kind of conflict regarding that, maybe? Try a cleaner version of the macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] [] Shadow Word: Pain

See if that works.
    looks like it good, thanks

A pain in the arse I spent wayy too much time trying to work out yesterday.

It's rather simple, but I can't seem to get my macro to work.

If I press the macro - cast Ghost Wolf
    If I hold shift and press the macro - use nitro boosts (/use 6 iirc)

I use [mod:shift] macro's quite a lot, but for the love of me I can't get this one to work (likely because one is /cast and one is /use).

Help pleaseee

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    A pain in the arse I spent wayy too much time trying to work out yesterday.

It's rather simple, but I can't seem to get my macro to work.

If I press the macro - cast Ghost Wolf
    If I hold shift and press the macro - use nitro boosts (/use 6 iirc)

I use [mod:shift] macro's quite a lot, but for the love of me I can't get this one to work (likely because one is /cast and one is /use).

Help pleaseee
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift]6;Ghost Wolf
    Check your keybinds and make sure shift+key is not bound to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie95816 View Post
    Check your keybinds and make sure shift+key is not bound to anything else.
    In addition to this, if this is bound to a num key (as is usually the case with Naga binds), it won't work because shift+num sends an entirely different key. You can still bind that different key, but a [mod] macro will not function properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    In addition to this, if this is bound to a num key (as is usually the case with Naga binds), it won't work because shift+num sends an entirely different key. You can still bind that different key, but a [mod] macro will not function properly.
    Champion, thanks!

I could use some help with a simple macro that I just can't seem to figure out and I know I'll feel dumb when someone shows me.

Macro I currently have:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Strong Fishing Pole; Fishing

This let's Fishing work, but won't equip my fishing pole, if I try /Equip then Fishing doesn't work. Any help is appreciated!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod:shift] Strong Fishing Pole
    /use [nomod:shift] Fishing

You could also have it automatically equip your fishing pole instead:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [noequipped:Fishing Pole] Strong Fishing Pole
    /use [equipped:Fishing Pole] Fishing
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-01-31 at 09:54 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod:shift] Strong Fishing Pole
    /use [nomod:shift] Fishing

You could also have it automatically equip your fishing pole instead:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [noequipped:Fishing Pole] Strong Fishing Pole
    /use [equipped:Fishing Pole] Fishing
    Thanks so much!

Is it possible to check if you used a Vision of Time this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Is it possible to check if you used a Vision of Time this week?
    You couldn't do it generically, because each use is a separate quest in the chain. You could look up using any tool to check for quests done on your character, though. Just pick the right step in the chain -- or go visit Kairoz and see if he will give you the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You couldn't do it generically, because each use is a separate quest in the chain. You could look up using any tool to check for quests done on your character, though. Just pick the right step in the chain -- or go visit Kairoz and see if he will give you the next one.
    The thing is, if you used last weeks Vision in the current week, and finish the Empowering the Hourglass quest, there is no follow up, and in the next week you have to redo the Empowering Quest to get a new Vision :x

Deleted
    I'm having a bit of an issue on my Mage when I use Evocation (/Invocation). It's probably due to latency, but sometimes when I use this ability, if I cast too quickly after it, the buff doesn't get applied, possibly because the end of the spell is interrupted by my next spellcast. This is a problem as I do tend to mash my buttons when playing, in order to line up my casts. Is there a way to make a macro, either just for Frostbolt or any other spells, so they don't cancel/break Evocation?

Would be a big help, as Evocation is frustrating enough in itself... 2 seconds of not doing any dmg, standing still and channeling. If the buff doesn't go through, I have to do it over again, aka double the time of not doing damage. :/