Quote Originally Posted by Skogul View Post
    I'm having a bit of an issue on my Mage when I use Evocation (/Invocation). It's probably due to latency, but sometimes when I use this ability, if I cast too quickly after it, the buff doesn't get applied, possibly because the end of the spell is interrupted by my next spellcast. This is a problem as I do tend to mash my buttons when playing, in order to line up my casts. Is there a way to make a macro, either just for Frostbolt or any other spells, so they don't cancel/break Evocation?

Would be a big help, as Evocation is frustrating enough in itself... 2 seconds of not doing any dmg, standing still and channeling. If the buff doesn't go through, I have to do it over again, aka double the time of not doing damage. :/
    Probably a better way to do it, but for now, I'd just make macros for your abilities that have [nochanneling:Evocation] in them, something like:

/cast [nochanneling:Evocation] Fireball

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Probably a better way to do it, but for now, I'd just make macros for your abilities that have [nochanneling:Evocation] in them, something like:

/cast [nochanneling:Evocation] Fireball
    That works for me, thanks!

Probably a better way to do it, but for now, I'd just make macros for your abilities that have [nochanneling:Evocation] in them, something like: /cast [nochanneling:Evocation] Fireball
    I was going to suggest that as an unpleasant but functional option. This does have one cost: you can't "pre-cast" anything with this, and will have some unavoidable downtime equal to your latency between the channel finishing and the next spell starting.

You might want to grab gnosis, or one of the other cast bar addons, which show the "safe latency block" at the end of each cast or channel. That will let you start button-mashing when the server will read it as "pre-cast during latency" rather than "interrupt the channel".

Finally, consider hitting up the options in-game and setting you custom latency tolerance. I fiddled around, and ended up just ramping it up to the maximum 400ms tolerance because that works best for me. That way I have a big window at the end of every action that I can queue the next action. I don't *have* to, but it means much less clipping things by accident overall.

Is there any button spamming friendly macro for Kill Shot? I also want it to be able to stop casting Cobra Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Is there any button spamming friendly macro for Kill Shot? I also want it to be able to stop casting Cobra Shot.
    Sort of confused what you mean by "button spamming friendly". This would stop you casting Cobra Shot though, so I think it's what you're after:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot

Sort of confused what you mean by "button spamming friendly". This would stop you casting Cobra Shot though, so I think it's what you're after:

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /cast Kill Shot
    I mean that I tend to click the kill shot button repeatedly until the spell is cast on the target and my current macro can't handle button spamming for some reason since when I click the button repeatedly it tries to cast the spell every time without actually casting it until I click it only once.
    I'll try this macro and hopefully it'll work! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    I mean that I tend to click the kill shot button repeatedly until the spell is cast on the target and my current macro can't handle button spamming for some reason since when I click the button repeatedly it tries to cast the spell every time without actually casting it until I click it only once.
    I'll try this macro and hopefully it'll work! Thanks!
    Depends on the spell you're trying to cast. If it has a cast time (even if it's < 1 second), you have to wait for the gcd before you hit it again otherwise your /stopcasting will stop it and then try to cast it again. AFAIK, there's no way to make it spam friendly unless the spell is flagged as instant cast.

Agree with CodeConqueror, it sounds like you want a macro that will only cast Kill Shot if it's usable and stop casting Cobra Shot; but not interrupt Cobra Shot if you're pressing it if it's not usable.

I don't think it's even possible to do this in a macro. You may want to get a nice aura addon like TellMeWhen or Weak Auras and set a nice big one up for Kill Shot.

Agree with CodeConqueror, it sounds like you want a macro that will only cast Kill Shot if it's usable and stop casting Cobra Shot; but not interrupt Cobra Shot if you're pressing it if it's not usable.

I don't think it's even possible to do this in a macro. You may want to get a nice aura addon like TellMeWhen or Weak Auras and set a nice big one up for Kill Shot.
    What I understood was, stop casting Cobra Shot, now cast Kill Shot BUT if he spams this macro it should not stop casting of Kill Shot. In this particular case, the macro below should work fine because Kill Shot is labeled as instant cast.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use Kill Shot

BUT, if you had another spell in the place of Kill Shot, it needs to be another instant cast spell in order for it to be spammable. If the spell you put there isn't labeled as Instant, then the stopcasting line would interrupt that and make it non-spammable. That might explain why his other macros weren't working but the one above (as suggested by an earlier post) should work just fine because Kill Shot is labeled as instant.

Hey. I've been using the following macro on my Monk for a while. Basically it allows me to use Zen Flight with the same button as my mounts, and if I'm moving (in any way, including falling) it will cast Zen Flight.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Dark Phoenix
    /cast Black Hawkstrider
    /cast !Zen Flight
    I've just got the X-53 Touring Rocket so I figured I'd use that instead of the Dark Phoenix for a bit, problem is - with or without the Hawkstrider there - it won't cast Zen Flight when I'm moving. It will literally only cast it if I'm already mounted on the Rocket.

I can put Zen Flight in front of the mount and it will work, but it's just a bit weird that it isn't working the way I'm used to. Any ideas or will I just have to get used to it?

Thanks.

i need a help with macro, basically i need death pact and conversion in one macro and it to show the tooltip i currently have talented, and it to change the tooltip when i change talent

i tried
    #showtooltip
    /cast death pact
    /cast conversion

spells work but the tooltip stays the same, is there any way to make the tooltip switch based on the currently specced spell

#showtooltip
    /use TALENTNAME1
    /use TALENTNAME2
    /use TALENTNAME3
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Tier X",G(G(SPELLID1))or G(G(SPELLID2))or G(SPELLID3))

Replace TALENTNAMEX with each talents name, replace Tier X with the tier it is (ie Tier 3) and replace the SPELLIDX with the spell ID (found at the end of a wowhead URL).

#showtooltip
    /use Death Pact
    /use Death Siphon
    /use Conversion
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Tier 4",G(G(48743))or G(G(108196))or G(119975))

it doesnt work, Death Pact icon is still there even after i switch to Conversion and use it

Change which spell is where based on your actual specs:

#showtooltip

/cast [spec:2] Conversion; Death Pact

it doesnt work either, i get ? when i switch from death pact to conversion (its spec 2)

anyways, looked around meanwhile, i found
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...entMacros.html and
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Swap.html#info

it seems macros dont really work for this kind of thing in MOP yet from comments there

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    it doesnt work either, i get ? when i switch from death pact to conversion (its spec 2)

anyways, looked around meanwhile, i found
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...entMacros.html and
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Swap.html#info

it seems macros don't really work for this kind of thing in MOP yet from comments there
    I was just about to come in and recommend one of those things -- and, no, macros are not designed to deal with dynamically switching spell availability. The developers talked a little around blizzcon about implementing a "summon demon" type button that changed dynamically for us -- basically what those addons do -- but nothing yet.

Personally, I use TalentMacros which allows me to write out the full text of each macro (if I wish), so that I can, eg, edit my DK "sacrifice pet for health" talent to also summon the pet if it isn't out yet. I found that very useful, because I did end up customizing, like, one or two talents per class that way beyond the simple tooltip/cast version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    snip
    try buttonupdater

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/button_updater

Deleted
    I'm currently switching between those two macros and would like to have them in a single one:

Quote Originally Posted by macro1
    #showtooltip Detox
    /target [nomod] Party1
    /cast [target=Party1,modifier:shift, help] Detox
    Quote Originally Posted by macro2
    #showtooltip Detox
    /target [nomod] playername
    /cast [target=playername,modifier:shift, help] Detox
    If the player is avaiable (aka in my range), I should target him / cast at him. Otherwise, party1.

I know you can "layer" your /cast macros for conditions, like:
    /cast [target=mouseover,help] Renewing Mist; [help] Renewing Mist; Renewing Mist

I'll cast ReM on allied mouseover, if it exists, otherwise it goes on my target, if it exists, otherwise I'll cast it on myself.

Is that possible with /target?

Quote Originally Posted by Isca View Post
    If the player is avaiable (aka in my range), I should target him / cast at him
    This is the part you cannot do. You can make it so that it will only cast at the player if they exist, are alive, and are allied, but you cannot place a restriction on range.

Quote Originally Posted by Isca View Post
    Is that possible with /target?
    Yes, target does not require you to name a unit ("like /target Pawkets") if you pass it a unitID instead ("/target [@Pawkets]" or "/target [@party1]"). Using this you can make conditional statements that determine who will be targeted (see below).

If you're still interested in combining the two despite the range issue:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Detox
    /tar [@playername,help,nodead,nomod][@party1,help,nodead,nomod]
    /cast [@playername,help,nodead,mod:shift][@party1,help,nodead,mod:shift] Detox
    Last edited by aggixx; 2014-02-20 at 11:02 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    snip
    Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for c: