Anyone knows a macro (or addon) that will hide the calendar button (GameTimeFrame) unless there is a new event pending?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Yeah, that's why I wrote "the enemy target of". I've been using the macro you wrote for 1-3 for most of my other alts, including the paladin.

The priority seems a bit odd to me, but I believe this should work with the priority you've given:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover, harm, nodead][@focus, harm, nodead][@target, harm, nodead][@mouseovertarget, harm, nodead][@focustarget, harm, nodead][@targettarget, harm, nodead] Reckoning

Edit: I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe @mouseovertarget is correct. You may want to pull just that part out into it's own macro and test it. If that doesn't work, it might be @mouseovertargettarget, but I'm pretty sure the first one is correct.

Any idea why this doesn't work when pressing SHIFT?
    Code:
    #showtooltip conflagrate
    /cast [mod:shift] !Fire and Brimstone
    /cancelaura [nomod] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast conflagrate

Quote Originally Posted by Bellian View Post
    Any idea why this doesn't work when pressing SHIFT?
    Code:
    #showtooltip conflagrate
    /cast [mod:shift] !Fire and Brimstone
    /cancelaura [nomod] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast conflagrate
    Is shift+bind already bound to something else? An easy way to check is to bind shift+bind to something random, thus unbinding the old key, then clearing the new bind too.

Is it bound to a num key (commonly used for Naga binds)? Shift+num sends an entirely different key, like shift+num1 is actually end. You can get around this by binding the shift version of the key to a new button, or by rebinding to a non-num key, or by using a modifier other than shift.

I am looking to write a macro for the Bottled Tornado trinket - I want the one macro to switch between that trinket and my currently equipped one, click again to use bottled tornado, and click again to re-equip the original trinket. I'd like to be able to use the same macro for both specs, too, and ideally without having to hold a modifier down.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Is shift+bind already bound to something else? An easy way to check is to bind shift+bind to something random, thus unbinding the old key, then clearing the new bind too.

Is it bound to a num key (commonly used for Naga binds)? Shift+num sends an entirely different key, like shift+num1 is actually end. You can get around this by binding the shift version of the key to a new button, or by rebinding to a non-num key, or by using a modifier other than shift.
    Yes that was it.
    It was bound on a flyout button and thus not visible, thank you very much.

Deleted

can't post my question

I can't post my question because my macros are recognized as links and I don't have enough posts -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafijn View Post
    I can't post my question because my macros are recognized as links and I don't have enough posts -.-
    Use the "[code]" environment.

It will look like
    Code:
     this

Deleted
    It's only not letting you post the '@' character. Maybe replace it with '(at)' or similar?

Hi. I am wondering if you can simplify my macro and get Command Demon into it as well to get the pet's ability when you sacrifice the pet. Currently this is 250 characters.

Code:
    #show 
    /use [pet:fel imp,@mouseover,nodead,help]sear magic;[pet:imp,@mouseover,nodead,help]singe magic;[pet:succubus,@mouseover,nodead,harm][pet:succubus,harm]Seduction;[pet:observer,@mouseover,nodead,harm][pet:observer,harm]optical blast;spell lock

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    Hi. I am wondering if you can simplify my macro and get Command Demon into it as well to get the pet's ability when you sacrifice the pet. Currently this is 250 characters.

Code:
    #show 
    /use [pet:fel imp,@mouseover,nodead,help]sear magic;[pet:imp,@mouseover,nodead,help]singe magic;[pet:succubus,@mouseover,nodead,harm][pet:succubus,harm]Seduction;[pet:observer,@mouseover,nodead,harm][pet:observer,harm]optical blast;spell lock
    This breaks the icon, but it's less characters:

Code:
    /use [@mouseover,nodead,help]Sear Magic
    /use [@mouseover,nodead,help]Singe Magic
    /use [@mouseover,nodead,harm][harm]Seduction
    /use [@mouseover,nodead,harm][harm]Optical Blast
    /use [@mouseover,nodead,harm][harm]Spell Lock
    /use [nopet]Command Demon

This is 241 characters (not counting line breaks; I'm not sure if WoW does and I can't test right now). Note that it only casts Command Demon when you have no pet. I don't know if you want it to behave like that since Command Demon is a different spell in the case of the Imp and Succubus, so you probably want access to both when a pet is out.

You could also just get something like Macro Toolkit and make the macro as long as you want.

Yes, I just want Command Demon when I have no pet, so you did it right. I prefer not using any supermacro-addon though, as I am trying to not use too much addons. Did not know that you can use these spells without having [pet] conditions though so that's a good one. Thanks for the help!

Hello good people of this excellent sticky! My conundrum is as follows: Is there some way make a macro that would use Pickpocket when targeting a npc and Eviscerate when targeting a player? I have a macro that I use for pickpocket. It works great, but because its on my "stealth" bar it comes up during Shadow Dance and is then useless. So I tried to add a /cast [stance:3] Eviscerate condition.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /console set targetnearestdistance 5
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy [target=target, noexists]
    /cast pick pocket
    The stance part didnt work and Im not sure why. The most ideal solution would be to change for npc vs player. I know you can do friendly and enemy. If thats not an option, how can I fix my stance macro? Thanks for any and all input!

Edit:
    another one I was working on is:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast Sap
    /cast [stance3] Rupture
    however, I would only want it to do the /targetenemyplayer /sap part when under normal stealth and just rupture during shadow dance.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by nfkk; 2014-05-18 at 02:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

Can I express this more succinctly:
    Code:
    /targetenemy [noexists,nogroup][help,nogroup] [dead,nogroup]

Deleted
    Code:
    /stopmacro [group][harm,nodead]
    /targetenemy

Quote Originally Posted by nfkk View Post
    Hello good people of this excellent sticky! My conundrum is as follows: Is there some way make a macro that would use Pickpocket when targeting a npc and Eviscerate when targeting a player? I have a macro that I use for pickpocket. It works great, but because its on my "stealth" bar it comes up during Shadow Dance and is then useless. So I tried to add a /cast [stance:3] Eviscerate condition.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /console set targetnearestdistance 5
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy [target=target, noexists]
    /cast pick pocket
    The stance part didnt work and Im not sure why. The most ideal solution would be to change for npc vs player. I know you can do friendly and enemy. If thats not an option, how can I fix my stance macro? Thanks for any and all input!

Edit:
    another one I was working on is:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast Sap
    /cast [stance3] Rupture
    however, I would only want it to do the /targetenemyplayer /sap part when under normal stealth and just rupture during shadow dance.
    Thanks!
    Where did you add eviscerate to the first macro? You didn't post it.

For the second one, put the form/stance conditions in each line that depends on your stance.

No, you can't use npc/player as a condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /targetenemy
    Damn. That is way more succinct, but fails to achieve my goal. I thought the cast was irrelevant but it totally isn't, which is completely my bad. Complete macro:

Code:
    /targetenemy [noexists,nogroup][help,nogroup][dead,nogroup]
    /use Chain Lightning
    Substitute Lightning Bolt, etc, into that. This is totally my farming macro: when I am in a group -- raid, dungeon, whatever -- I don't want to be randomly targetting something and pulling extra mobs or whatever.

The desired behaviour is that I can spam my keybinding and always be casting at something hostile. Once I kill something, or if I misclick a friendly target, bam, pick an enemy. Works great in, eg, old dungeons grinding xmog, and out in the world now I overgear it.

Unfortunately stopping the macro before targeting will not do what I need, which is that I would have to hit it twice and, by preference, "spam" means "hit it at the end of each cast, or when not casting, once" rather than mash the button like it is a gnoll at the darkmoon faire...

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    The desired behaviour is that I can spam my keybinding and always be casting at something hostile.
    So then you copy the conditions to the cast
    Code:
    /use [group][harm,nodead]Chain Lightning
    /targetenemy
    /use Chain Lightning
    Although this uses up more characters

You could still combine some logic from your original
    Code:
    /targetenemy [noharm,nogroup][dead,nogroup]
    /use Chain Lightning
    since [noharm] ≡ [noexists][help]

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Where did you add eviscerate to the first macro? You didn't post it.

For the second one, put the form/stance conditions in each line that depends on your stance.

No, you can't use npc/player as a condition.
    Thanks for the info! I just added it at the end.
    so id just need to change it to
    Code:
    /console set targetnearestdistance 5 [stance:1]
    /cleartarget [stance:1]
    /targetenemy [target=target, noexists] [stance:1]
    /cast [stance:1] pick pocket
    /cast [stance:3] Eviscerate
    that cant be right...
    where would I put the "[stance:1]"?

in my 2nd macro, i have the same problem:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemyplayer [stance:1]
    /cast [stance:1] Sap
    /cast [stance:3] Rupture
    Is that right? Doesn't seem to quite work, I only want the /targetenemy(player) parts during normal stealth. Is that possible?
    thanks for the help again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by nfkk View Post
    Thanks for the info! I just added it at the end.
    so id just need to change it to

snip

that cant be right...
    where would I put the "[stance:1]"?

in my 2nd macro, i have the same problem:

snip

Is that right? Doesn't seem to quite work, I only want the /targetenemy(player) parts during normal stealth. Is that possible?
    thanks for the help again!
    The Targetnearestdistance thing was removed several years ago, you can't change it anymore.
    Try these 2 macros:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [form:1]
    /targetenemy [form:1,@target,noexists]
    /cast [form:1]Pick Pocket;Eviscerate
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemyplayer [form:1]
    /cast [form:1]Sap;Rupture
    Last edited by lawomous; 2014-05-19 at 06:22 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator