Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    Thank you sir, it's all working But I don't understand why we need two /skada toggle but I didn't change a thing because it's all working!
    It's just that spark of genius that I didn't get. Simple and effective.
    When I tried to solve your problem, I couldn't think of a way to either execute skada or aa. Neither did banur, but he came up with the simplest and elegant solution:
    Middle click toggles Skada two times, with effectively no change on Skada, thus middle click only shows aa.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    It's just that spark of genius that I didn't get. Simple and effective.
    When I tried to solve your problem, I couldn't think of a way to either execute skada or aa. Neither did banur, but he came up with the simplest and elegant solution:
    Middle click toggles Skada two times, with effectively no change on Skada, thus middle click only shows aa.
    Brilliant genius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolec123 View Post
    Brilliant genius.
    Well... I had to exaggerate a bit, because I didn't think of it

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Well, a possible improvement would be to use the equipment manager (or outfitter, or some other addon based replacement) to manage your equipment. Then instead of specifically calling out the PPoP, you would instruct the game to "equip the outfit blah", which you can update the content of. That makes it more robust to changes to your trinkets over time.
    Thanks, I'll try the ingame Equipment Manager and see how that works.

Have a problem with this macro again:

#showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift, @focus, harm, nodead][@mouseover, harm, nodead][] Shadowstep

It works fine on 'harmful' targets, but Shadowstep can also be used on friendly targets.
    Without the 'harm' part, the macro won't work on the current target.

What can I use instead of 'harm' to make the spell usable on both friendly targets and harmful targets.

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    Have a problem with this macro again:

-snip-
    It works fine on 'harmful' targets, but Shadowstep can also be used on friendly targets.
    Without the 'harm' part, the macro won't work on the current target.

What can I use instead of 'harm' to make the spell usable on both friendly targets and harmful targets.
    Try:
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift,@focus,exists,nodead][@mouseover,exists,nodead][]Shadowstep

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    /use [mod:shift,@focus,exists,nodead][@mouseover,exists,nodead][]Shadowstep
    Thanks fully works now

As a frost mage, I'm looking for a single-button macro that will dismiss my water elemental if it is active, and summon it when it's not, without using any key-modifiers (i.e. SHIFT or CTRL or ALT; I try to avoid using modifiers). The current macro I'm using is:

#showtooltip Summon Water Elemental
    /script PetDismiss()
    /cast Summon Water Elemental

This works during the 1 minute cooldown after summoning the water elemental. However, after that time and the water elemental is active, it will dismiss and immediately summon it again. Is there something I can add?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
    As a frost mage, I'm looking for a single-button macro that will dismiss my water elemental if it is active, and summon it when it's not, without using any key-modifiers (i.e. SHIFT or CTRL or ALT; I try to avoid using modifiers). The current macro I'm using is:

/script PetDismiss()

This works during the 1 minute cooldown after summoning the water elemental. However, after that time and the water elemental is active, it will dismiss and immediately summon it again. Is there something I can add?

Thanks in advance!
    I don't know if pet classes can use pet-exists conditionals. If not then maybe you can use a /target and target exists conditionals.

Obviously it will cause problems with other mages' elementals in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothos View Post

/script PetDismiss()

Thanks in advance!

You can just add [nopet] to it, like so:

Code:
    #show Summon Water Elemental
    /script PetDismiss()
    /cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental

Adding '[nopet]' seems to work! Thank you for the suggestion.

Deleted
    Got an interesting request:

Is it possible to make a macro that lists the killed bosses in my current raid lockout, and the difficulty on which they have been killed?

Wondering if there are any norm kills polluting a HC lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordessa View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that lists the killed bosses in my current raid lockout, and the difficulty on which they have been killed?
    Wondering if there are any norm kills polluting a HC lock.
    In theory, yes, but a much more practical solution to your problem is likely Saved Instances which tracks all that data across characters. The biggest limitation to the macro approach is, honestly, size: getting all the lua to figure that out into ~ 210 characters is quite the challenge. The addon is almost certainly a better solution -- and will continue to be a better solution going forward.

Hey. Looking for a macro that will;
    Cast Tiger's Lust on mouseover IF they are in MY party or raid, otherwise; Cast Tiger's Lust on me.

I've tried a few things, but it seems the group/nogroup conditional only works to check if I am in a raid or party, not if the target is in MY raid or party. :| Is there any way to make this work?

What I currently have

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger's Lust
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /cast [group:party,group:raid,@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Tiger's Lust
    /cast [@player] Tiger's Lust
    What I had before, and will continue to use if not possible:

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger's Lust
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead][@player] Tiger's Lust
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-07-17 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Hey. Looking for a macro that will; Cast Tiger's Lust on mouseover IF they are in MY party or raid, otherwise; Cast Tiger's Lust on me.
    Bad news: this is not possible. There is no macro conditional for "in MY party/raid".

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Hey. Looking for a macro that will;
    Cast Tiger's Lust on mouseover IF they are in MY party or raid, otherwise; Cast Tiger's Lust on me.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /cast [raid,@mouseover,help,nodead][@player]Tiger's Lust

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /cast [raid,@mouseover,help,nodead][@player]Tiger's Lust
    It works, thanks a lot! No more wasting TL on random people when running around - but also still able to use it on people in party

@SlippyCheeze - I thought the same, apparently (thankfully) we were both wrong!

Need help with a mount macro.

For years I've used one that does what I need it to do: Cast the specified Flying mount when flyable, cast the specified ground mount when not flyable.

Now, however, I'm trying to add a modifier condition so that I can force my Ground mount if I want to ride it in a flyable area.

I can get the functionality to work, but now, whenever I am mounted, my my macro shows the generic red question mark icon. Here is what it currently is:

Code:
    #showtooltip Grand Wyvern
    /cast [nomounted, flyable,nomod] Grand Wyvern; [nomounted, mod:shift] Blonde Riding Yak; [nomounted] Blonde Riding Yak
    /dismount [mounted]
    I am using the #showtooltip line to force it to show the tooltip for my Grand Wyvern regardless of the modifier I am using or the mount I am on. It's not ideal, but it's better than seeing an ugly red question mark whenever I'm mounted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

For years I've used one that does what I need it to do: Cast the specified Flying mount when flyable, cast the specified ground mount when not flyable.

Now, however, I'm trying to add a modifier condition so that I can force my Ground mount if I want to ride it in a flyable area.

I can get the functionality to work, but now, whenever I am mounted, my my macro shows the generic red question mark icon.
    -snip-
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [flyable]Grand Wyvern;Blonde Riding Yak
    /cast [nomounted,flyable,nomod]Grand Wyvern;[nomounted,mod:shift]Blonde Riding Yak;[nomounted]Blonde Riding Yak
    /dismount [mounted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post

I can get the functionality to work, but now, whenever I am mounted, my my macro shows the generic red question mark icon. Here is what it currently is:

Code:
    #showtooltip Grand Wyvern
    /cast [nomounted, flyable,nomod] Grand Wyvern; [nomounted, mod:shift] Blonde Riding Yak; [nomounted] Blonde Riding Yak
    /dismount [mounted]
    I am using the #showtooltip line to force it to show the tooltip for my Grand Wyvern regardless of the modifier I am using or the mount I am on. It's not ideal, but it's better than seeing an ugly red question mark whenever I'm mounted.
    It's giving you the red question mark when mounted because your macro doesn't use an ability with a tooltip when mounted. I don't think you need the dismount command. If you removed that, and then removed all the "nomounted" conditionals, it should work the same way but the tooltip should also work (if you remove the "Grand Wyvern" from it). The default behavior of pressing the same mount button when mounted is to dismount, so you'd still have that functionality.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.