Is it possible to get the questname via macro?

I would like to have a universal macro to check if I have done a quest where I just change the number and get:

"questname" - "complete(in green) or incomplete(in red)"

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Is it possible to get the questname via macro?

I would like to have a universal macro to check if I have done a quest where I just change the number and get:

"questname" - "complete(in green) or incomplete(in red)"
    Closest I got, won't display name but provides a clickable link:

Code:
    /run local a,b=33117,"\124cff" local c=b.."ffff00\124Hquest:%d:90\124h[%d]\124h\124r - %s\124r" print(format(c,a,a,(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(a) and b.."00FF00COMPLETED" or b.."FF0000INCOMPLETE")))
    Change underlined part too desired ID.
    Last edited by Crudor; 2014-09-23 at 09:36 PM.

thanks, if it's not possible to directly mention the questname then this version is good enough

At the moment I am using
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /use [indoors,nocombat][outdoors,combat][indoors,combat]Ghost Wolf
    /use [outdoors,nocombat,flyable]Onyx Netherwing Drake;Kor'kron War Wolf
    /dismount
    But after testing it for a few weeks I came across events where I couldn't use it.

This got me looking and I found this on wowwiki.
    Code:
    /run if not IsMounted() then local g,f,v={g,g},{f,f},{v} local t=(IsUsableSpell(40192)) and f or (strsub(GetMapInfo(),0,7)=="Vashjir" and IsSwimming()) and v or g CallCompanion("MOUNT",t[random(#t)]) end
    /dismount
    The "IsUsableSpell" got my attention, and it seems like a good way to differenciate wether to use a mount of Ghost Wolf. I could be mistaken, but I can't get this macro to work, I've tried to change the {g,g} & {f,f} with both spell-ID and mount name, neither works.

I don't need the Vashjir part and swimming part.
    I want it to use Onyx Netherwing Drake for flying.
    Kor'kron War Wolf as ground mount.
    And if I can't use a mount for whatever reason, I want it to use Ghost Wolf.

Anyone able to help?

- - - Updated - - -

I solved it.
    Code:
    /stopmacro [flying]
    /run if not IsMounted() and IsUsableSpell(40192) then CallCompanion("MOUNT",64) else CallCompanion("MOUNT",61) end
    /use Ghost Wolf
    /dismount
    Replace number 64 with the number of the mount from your list of mounts that you want to use for flying.
    Replace number 61 with the number of the mount from your list of mounts that you want to use as a ground mount.

The purpose of this macro is:
    • If you are flying, it doesn't let you plummet to certain death.
    • If you can fly, it summons a flying mount.
    • If you can't fly, but mount up it summons a ground mount.
    • If you for whatever reason can't mount, it will cast Ghost Wolf.
    Last edited by Tas; 2014-09-29 at 11:20 PM.

I'm trying to make a Macro for my Paladin.

Basically, what I want is for to either use Speed of Light when I left-click, or use Speed of Light followed by an Invisibility Potion if I right-click. This is what I have this thus far:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [button:2] reset=10 Speed of Light, Lesser Invisibility Potion
    /cast [button:1] Speed of Light
    If I right-click twice, I get Speed of Light and the Potion, but I want it so they both go off at the same time almost.

Now, I would like to have it so I only need to press the right-mouse button once to use the SoL and the Potion, but I am not sure how to do that. Earlier, I had a mod:shift to use SoL and the Potion which worked, but it made by hands very busy and such.

Thanx.

EDIT: I figured it out.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast  Speed of Light
    /use [button:2] Lesser Invisibility Potion
    Last edited by Krek01; Today at 03:44 AM. Reason: Found solution