10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    How do I turn this into a shift macro so that it will cast Arcane shot on my current target and only switch if I press shift. But I still want it to go back to my original target.
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot
    /cleartarget [mod:shift]
    /tar [mod:shift] Pol
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /tar Phemos
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi!

So i play arena only right now and i have this macro that won't work, it work's on freedom, protection and on my heals, but not on sacrifice, what am i missing?

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Hand of Sacrifice
    /cast [modifier:shift,target=party1]Hand of Sacrifice
    /cast [modifier:ctrl,target=party2]Hand of Sacrifice

It is on a mousebutton, but it also won't work on any button on my keyboard.
    Last edited by W1shm4ster; 2014-12-23 at 04:41 PM.
    Sig by Thor

15+ Year Old Account
    Came across this when setting up some macros:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [@none] Death Grip
    /console ErrorSFX 0
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead,exists,nomod][exists,harm,nodead] Death Grip
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console ErrorSFX 1
    That bolded part is just a typo or does showtooltip have any parameters beside a spell name?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Came across this when setting up some macros:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [@none] Death Grip
    /console ErrorSFX 0
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead,exists,nomod][exists,harm,nodead] Death Grip
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console ErrorSFX 1
    That bolded part is just a typo or does showtooltip have any parameters beside a spell name?
    #showtooltip can use conditionals, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    But what does the @none do in the tooltip?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    But what does the @none do in the tooltip?
    I don't think @none will do anything in that situation, though the idea was probably to show that tooltip if you have no target.

The only use I've seen for @none is to make it the conditional for using an ally-targeted ability, forcing the glowing selection cursor. I'm not sure why a person would want that, but you can do that.

Hello, I'm trying to create a macro where [nomod] is the hunter tier 6 talent (barrage or glaive toss) and [mod:shift] is multi-shit. currently I'm using two separate macros, one for glaive toss and one for barrage, but I would like to condense them by using [talent:6/x] however doing that seems to make mult-shot not work with a shift modifier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bighugebutts View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to create a macro where [nomod] is the hunter tier 6 talent (barrage or glaive toss) and [mod:shift] is multi-shit. currently I'm using two separate macros, one for glaive toss and one for barrage, but I would like to condense them by using [talent:6/x] however doing that seems to make mult-shot not work with a shift modifier.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Multi-Shot; Heavy Artillery

"Heavy Artillery" is the name of the consolidated hunter tier 6, it'll work to use whatever talent you have selected on that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Multi-Shot; Heavy Artillery

"Heavy Artillery" is the name of the consolidated hunter tier 6, it'll work to use whatever talent you have selected on that tier.
    Wow thank you for the quick response. Is there somewhere where I could find the names of all classes' consolidated tiers?

edit: this macro doesn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    nevermind /10char

Wow thank you for the quick response. Is there somewhere where I could find the names of all classes' consolidated tiers?

http://www.wowhead.com/spells=0?filt...a+talent;ex=on
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15141045160#1

It's called "Heavy Artilery" (notice only 1x L), try that.

Its one L i believe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata View Post
    Its one L i believe
    Well I don't know about the spell, but artillery sure is spelled with 2 Ls in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Well I don't know about the spell, but artillery sure is spelled with 2 Ls in English.
    It is, hence highlighting the fact that there's only one L.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It is, hence highlighting the fact that there's only one L.
    A typo in wow, and a big one at that? LMAO.

Would someone mind helping me out? I'm wondering where to begin with casting ambush if in range + is available to use on a target (stealth and shadowdance) and if not, use X spell in either stance.

This would give me some freedom in saving hotkey space and i've only ever written simple focus macros

You can't check for range in a macro, but the rest of it you can do.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [stance:1/3] Ambush; Other Spell

It might also work to use [stealth] instead of [stance:1/3], I don't play a Rogue enough, so I'm not sure if Shadowdance counts as stealth for macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    You can't check for range in a macro, but the rest of it you can do.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [stance:1/3] Ambush; Other Spell

It might also work to use [stealth] instead of [stance:1/3], I don't play a Rogue enough, so I'm not sure if Shadowdance counts as stealth for macros.
    Ah, okay ty! The reason I ask about the range is because w/ my opener as a sub rogue I get combo points pre-pull and need to use SnD in stealth before opening so it would cover both scenarios

Want a macro that casts rend as it would normally on my target but has a mouseover modifier. I dont want to have to press shift or control but rather have the macro recognize that there is a mouseover target and to rend it. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Akudama View Post
    Want a macro that casts rend as it would normally on my target but has a mouseover modifier. I dont want to have to press shift or control but rather have the macro recognize that there is a mouseover target and to rend it. thanks in advance

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] Rend