#showtooltip
    /cast [@arena1] dark simulacrum

This is my current dark sim macro. I can't figure out how to make it show the spell I steal on the tooltip.

I'm looking for 2 macros that involve gear swapping and gear display.

The first macro is for a PvE Armor set that hides my helm.

The second macro is to switch to a PvP Armor set that shows my helm.

I know there's a macro to just quickly toggle between showing a helm and not, but I'm wondering if that can be worked into a gear swapping macro as well.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'm looking for 2 macros that involve gear swapping and gear display.
    I know there's a macro to just quickly toggle between showing a helm and not, but I'm wondering if that can be worked into a gear swapping macro as well.
    You can use any of the /equip* commands documented here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_API

If you only have a couple of items, /equipslot or /equip probably cut it, otherwise /equipset and the in-game equipment manager. If you use a third party addon like Outfitter, check if they offer slash commands to change sets -- they probably do. (...or, depending, Outfitter also has "scripting" that will change your active set based on all sorts of conditions including "am I pvp flagged", which I used to auto-flip between PvE and PvP sets.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You can use any of the /equip* commands documented here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_API

If you only have a couple of items, /equipslot or /equip probably cut it, otherwise /equipset and the in-game equipment manager. If you use a third party addon like Outfitter, check if they offer slash commands to change sets -- they probably do. (...or, depending, Outfitter also has "scripting" that will change your active set based on all sorts of conditions including "am I pvp flagged", which I used to auto-flip between PvE and PvP sets.)
    Just what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Here is the macro I am currently using on Mythic Ko'ragh to target my assigned Mind Controlled player:

/tar [@playername,harm]

Can I change this to:
    /tar [@player1,player2,player3,player4,player5,harm]
    ?

I want the macro to target player 1 first and if player 1 isn't mind contolled, it will go down the list consecutively for each player. Is this doable?

Maybe something like this instead:
    /tar [@player1,harm]
    /tar [@player2,harm]
    /tar [@player3,harm]
    /tar [@player4,harm]
    /tar [@player5,harm]

Also, what would I add into the macro to make it so that once the Mind Controlled player is no longer mind controlled, that it will switch back to Ko'ragh?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    A similar macro has probably already been posted here, but I am too lazy to dig. Playing as a rouge I would like a couple of seemingly simple macros:

1) Change my first talent to Subterfuge and last talent to Shadow reflection
    2) Change my first talent to Shadow focus and last talent to Venom Rush.

Also, is there a good macro to change all 3 of my glyphs at once? /castglyph seems to be bugged when I try to put more than one of these in a single macro and I have no idea how to get a macro to glyph energy flows.

Quote Originally Posted by Estocire View Post
    A similar macro has probably already been posted here, but I am too lazy to dig. Playing as a rouge I would like a couple of seemingly simple macros:

1) Change my first talent to Subterfuge and last talent to Shadow reflection
    2) Change my first talent to Shadow focus and last talent to Venom Rush.

Also, is there a good macro to change all 3 of my glyphs at once? /castglyph seems to be bugged when I try to put more than one of these in a single macro and I have no idea how to get a macro to glyph energy flows.
    No, you pretty much can't macro talent or glyph changes. (As you note, the commands to touch glyphs are a bit *cough* broken *cough*). Which sucks, because I would love this, but you can't even build a reasonable addon to automate it for the same reasons.

Deleted
    Any macro to remove the yellow speech bubble that is above the arrows in chat bar, it is the only one that i cannot remove atm with macro. Thanks!

Deleted
    Hey guys, could anyone help me making macro for Blind/Kick. What I want in the macro, not sure whether it is possible tho.
    It should have 4 functions:
    cast blind on current targe
    cast blind on arena target 1, with modifier SHIFT
    cast blind on arena target 2, with modifier CTRL
    cast blind on arena target 3, with modifier ALT

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Hey guys, could anyone help me making macro for Blind/Kick. What I want in the macro, not sure whether it is possible tho.
    It should have 4 functions:
    cast blind on current targe
    cast blind on arena target 1, with modifier SHIFT
    cast blind on arena target 2, with modifier CTRL
    cast blind on arena target 3, with modifier ALT
    Try this
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@arena1,mod:shift][@arena2,mod:ctrl][@arena3,mod:alt][]Blind

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hi,

If i have casted Hand of Sacrifice on target of target .e.g my target is the boss and boss's target is current tank.

How would I got about doing so and announce the tank's name?
    Last edited by kelional; 2015-01-30 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks Edx! Perfect it works! Appreciate you taking time to help.

Hey, I'm looking for a macro that cancels my current flask, uses a stam flask, casts Touch of Death, cancels the stam flask and then uses an agility flask. I am currently testing with MoP flasks, but here is what I have so far:

#showtooltip Touch of Death
    /cancelaura Flask of Spring Blossoms
    /use Flask of the Earth
    /cast Touch of Death
    /cancelaura Flask of the Earth
    /use Flask of Spring Blossoms

Now this works up until the cancel of Flask of the Earth. It applies the stam flask, uses Touch of Death as intended, but does not cancel the aura afterwards. Is there any way that I can make this work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AureliusKJ View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for a macro that cancels my current flask, uses a stam flask, casts Touch of Death, cancels the stam flask and then uses an agility flask. I am currently testing with MoP flasks, but here is what I have so far:

/cancelaura Flask of Spring Blossoms
    /use Flask of the Earth
    /cast Touch of Death

Now this works up until the cancel of Flask of the Earth. It applies the stam flask, uses Touch of Death as intended, but does not cancel the aura afterwards. Is there any way that I can make this work?
    I guess it doesn't work as it tries to cancel flask of the earth the moment you click, but the information that you have cast it before hasn't reached the server yet.
    If that's the case, you'll need two clicks, probably even two different macros or one with modifier, which I'll gladly provide (e.g. shift):

Code:
    /cancelaura [nomod:shift] Flask of Spring Blossoms
    /use  [nomod:shift] Flask of the Earth
    /cast  [nomod:shift] Touch of Death
    /stopmacro [nomod:shift]
    the code's a little clumsy, but click - shifitclick should do what you desire.

PS: Are you really firing two flasks just to get a little more dmg out of Touch of Death? Can't imagine this is gamebreaking^^
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2015-02-02 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Hello !

I currently have this macro :

/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /castsequence reset=20 Shards of Nothing, Blood Fury, Dark Soul: Knowledge, Demonbolt,Demonbolt, Demonbolt, Demonbolt
    When Shards of Nothing or Blood Fury or Dark Soul aren't available, this macro doesn't work. Is it possible to fix this ? or not ?

thx by advance

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo View Post
    <castsequence macro>
    When Shards of Nothing or Blood Fury or Dark Soul aren't available, this macro doesn't work. Is it possible to fix this ? or not ?
    ...not really, no. By design these macros can't make decisions about what to use, and that includes handling things with cooldowns. The Blizzard developers want you to decide what spell to cast yourself, and press the appropriate key, rather than having a macro do it for you.

NB: you should probably show the error frame again afterwards, and you should be aware that you have to not touch that at all for 20 seconds for that to restart.

PS: Are you really firing two flasks just to get a little more dmg out of Touch of Death? Can't imagine this is gamebreaking^^
    Thank you Tearor! And yeah, chances are I will only use the macro on fights in BRF that have a very tight dps check. The extra ~40k damage is pretty small, but still about 150 dps on a 4 minute fight, making it worth the gold during progression (to me, anyway). Especially considering the current price of augments, I think it's only fair that I drop a bit more on flasks!

Hey guys!

Why is this simple macro not working?

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
    /cast [stance:2] Gladiator Stance

It works from Glad to Def, but not from Def to Glad. Very strange. It shows me the correct icons so stance:2 for Glad should be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Hey guys!

Why is this simple macro not working?

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
    /cast [stance:2] Gladiator Stance

It works from Glad to Def, but not from Def to Glad. Very strange. It shows me the correct icons so stance:2 for Glad should be correct.
    try

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance; Gladiator Stance

I am hoping to find a macro that will let me bind rejuvenation and wrath to the same key. Having one cast when the target is hostile and the other cast if they are friendly. Any help would be appreciated.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."