Hello MMO-C!

Ive been having some problems trying to make my lazy-macro work.

What im hoping to get to work is the following.

If my target is friendly and alive i will cast Remove Corruption on him
    If my target is enemy and alive i will cast Soothe on him
    If my target is dead and in combat i will cast Rebirth on him
    If my target is dead and out of combat i will cast Revive on him

Is this actually possible for one macro without modifiers?

I seem to get it to work with 2 different macros but i just dont have the space for that on my action bars.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If my target is dead and in combat i will cast Rebirth on him
    If my target is dead and out of combat i will cast Revive on him
    Not doable. There is no conditional to check if your target is in combat (there is only one to check if you are, which should coincide, but is of course not always the case). See here for more info.

Code:
    /cast [noharm,nodead,@target] Remove Corruption; [harm,nodead,@target] Soothe; [dead,combat,@target] Rebirth; [dead,nocombat,@target] Revive
    Last edited by Crudor; 2015-02-27 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    Not doable. There is no conditional to check if your target is in combat (there is only one to check if you are, which should coincide, but is of course not always the case).
    I meant "my target is dead and IM out of combat". Im pretty sure the dead target is out of combat so to speak :P

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I meant "my target is dead and IM out of combat". Im pretty sure the dead target is out of combat so to speak :P

Thanks for the help!
    [combat] and [nocombat] are the conditionals for yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    Not doable. There is no conditional to check if your target is in combat (there is only one to check if you are, which should coincide, but is of course not always the case). See here for more info.

Code:
    /cast [noharm,nodead,@target] Remove Corruption; [harm,nodead,@target] Soothe; [dead,combat,@target] Rebirth; [dead,nocombat,@target] Revive
    Should work, but all the @target statements are redundant.
    I actually didn't really change the macro, just streamlined the code using logic (e.g. harm is redundant after noharm):
    Code:
    /cast [noharm,nodead] Remove Corruption; [nodead] Soothe; [combat] Rebirth; Revive
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2015-02-27 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to /framestack?

Code:
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_01.wav")
    Just an observation, but as of one of the more recent patches this and the other 11 ashbringer audio files appear to no longer function. Other audio i have tried has not been an issue. Were the ashbringer files simply moved or is there something else wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    What happened to /framestack?
    /fstack worked for me moments ago, so... nothing? or, perhaps, it got enhanced a bit. If you have an addon like "Enhanced Frame Stack" that is trying to work with it, and is buggy because of the changes, maybe that is messing things up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Code:
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Ashbringer\\ASH_SPEAK_01.wav")
    Just an observation, but as of one of the more recent patches this and the other 11 ashbringer audio files appear to no longer function. Other audio i have tried has not been an issue. Were the ashbringer files simply moved or is there something else wrong?
    WoW moved to ogg files some time in prehistory. Up until recently it would just redirect the wav version to the ogg version, but it stopped, which is reasonable enough because it has been literally years. Just change ".wav" to ".ogg" and you will be GTG again.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    /fstack worked for me moments ago, so... nothing? or, perhaps, it got enhanced a bit. If you have an addon like "Enhanced Frame Stack" that is trying to work with it, and is buggy because of the changes, maybe that is messing things up?
    Edit: Nvm! Solved it.
    Last edited by Bodom; 2015-03-02 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing at Cataclysm and just restarted now, so I forgot most things about macros...

I remember that I had a macro that would set focus on my current target and then cast a CC, and then it would keep casting the CC at my focus until it dies. I've been looking at Google, and it seems that it is still possible to do that, but I'm having problem with understanding the conditions. According to WoWWiki, it would go like this:

#showtooltip Shackle Undead
    /focus [@focus,noexists][@focus,dead][@focus,noharm][mod]
    /cast [target=focus]Shackle Undead

Is that correct? Because looking at the first condition, it seems to me that it set focus on my focus (@focus) if it doesn't exist (noexists)... but how would it set focus on something that doesn't exist? Shouldn't the macro be "/focus [@focus,exists][@focus,nodead][@focus,harm][]" instead? If it is not asking too much, can anyone breakdown the logic process step by step of how this macro would work?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I stopped playing at Cataclysm and just restarted now, so I forgot most things about macros...

I remember that I had a macro that would set focus on my current target and then cast a CC, and then it would keep casting the CC at my focus until it dies. I've been looking at Google, and it seems that it is still possible to do that, but I'm having problem with understanding the conditions. According to WoWWiki, it would go like this:

Is that correct? Because looking at the first condition, it seems to me that it set focus on my focus (@focus) if it doesn't exist (noexists)... but how would it set focus on something that doesn't exist? Shouldn't the macro be "/focus [@focus,exists][@focus,nodead][@focus,harm][]" instead? If it is not asking too much, can anyone breakdown the logic process step by step of how this macro would work?

Thanks in advance!
    Here's a handy site that will break down macros the way you want.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post

Thanks in advance!
    With "/focus", the option [@focus] works a bit different, as in the unit that will be focussed is the current target.
    So the first three []s make the macro put the focus on your target if [you don't have a focus][you do but it's dead][you do but it's no enemy]. Or of you hold a modifier.
    The one you propose then is not what you want, it will focus your current target no matter what (because of the last [] alone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi
    Here's a handy site that will break down macros the way you want.
    That site is awesome, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    With "/focus", the option [@focus] works a bit different, as in the unit that will be focussed is the current target.
    Oh! That explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    is there a way to get #showtooltip to run down a list of items and pull the first one on said list you have in your bag?

Want to combine healthstones and healing tonics into 1 button, if I have a healthstone, showtooltip and use that, else use the tonic details. Healthstone above tonic in the list but always shows healthstone even when you dont have one.
    i'm looking for something similar with the soulbound potions from the alchemy daily. i want it to use the bop alchemy potions first then when there's no more the regular ones and switch the #showtooltip on the action bar, and of course display the cooldown on it ofc. can anyone help with it?

Deleted
    Hey guys!

I'm terrible with macros and possibly searching this forum aswell. I've been looking for a macro for my hunter that casts the pet ability heart of the phoenix (instant res) if my pet is dead and I'm in combat, but the usual revival when out of, and just mend pet when it's alive. And if heart of the phoenix is on cooldown/can't be used it would use revival aswell.

Would that be possible, or something similar? Many thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TehMoff View Post
    Hey guys!

I'm terrible with macros and possibly searching this forum aswell. I've been looking for a macro for my hunter that casts the pet ability heart of the phoenix (instant res) if my pet is dead and I'm in combat, but the usual revival when out of, and just mend pet when it's alive. And if heart of the phoenix is on cooldown/can't be used it would use revival aswell.

Would that be possible, or something similar? Many thanks in advance!
    The macro can't check if heart of the phoenix (or anything) is on cooldown.
    The rest would be
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@pet,dead,nocombat][@pet,dead,mod] "usual revival without quotes"; [@pet,dead,combat] heart of the phoenix;mend pet
    Two things:
    - you need to adjust the spelling on the spells, obviously
    - This will NOT fire any spell if you're in combat but heart of the phoenix is on CD. For the case that you wish to revive your pet with the usual revival in combat (when phoenix is on CD), i've inserted the [mod] thing. Press alt or shift or ctrl to use the normal revive in any case (when your pet is dead).
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2015-03-10 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashirogi View Post
    i'm looking for something similar with the soulbound potions from the alchemy daily. i want it to use the bop alchemy potions first then when there's no more the regular ones and switch the #showtooltip on the action bar, and of course display the cooldown on it ofc. can anyone help with it?
    Y'all probably want to find one of the addons that just rewrite the macro to use the "best" choice of what is available in your bag. Obvs. they don't work to change it in combat, but in combat you have limited uses anyway, so that should be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Y'all probably want to find one of the addons that just rewrite the macro to use the "best" choice of what is available in your bag. Obvs. they don't work to change it in combat, but in combat you have limited uses anyway, so that should be fine...
    Any ideas what said addon would be called? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by promithius View Post
    Any ideas what said addon would be called? Thanks!
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auto-drink
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/muchmoremunch
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/give-me-health

note: I don't use these myself, but have in the past, and they do what it says is on the tin.