10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably very simple, but I'm not sure when it comes to macroing items(if they can be macro'd).

I want to do a /y I must go. My planet needs me! whenever I use Aviana's feather.

"/yell I must go. my planet needs me
    /use Avaina's Feather"

when you type /use just drag the feather to the macro from inventory to avoid typos. Probably easier then you thought hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    /use Avaina's Feather"

when you type /use just drag the feather to the macro from inventory to avoid typos. Probably easier then you thought hehe
    You can also shift+click spells/items while the cursor is in the macro edit box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    /use Avaina's Feather"

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You can also shift+click spells/items while the cursor is in the macro edit box.
    Definitely easier than I thought. LOL Thank you both.

Is there a macro to be able to use any of the Goblin Workshop devices?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I, I've been trying to get a macro to work but I can't so I was wondering if someone could help me

what I want is a macro that will cast Misdirection on the main tank first, on the offtank if it fails, and on our mage if it fails on the offtank (lol) without switching my target off the boss/add/whatever

I tried

#showtooltip Misdirection
    /target tank1
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget
    /target tank2
    /cast misdirection
    /targetlasttarget
    /target mage
    /cast misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

but for some reason every time it ends with me targeting the mage

and I figured it could all be done in 1 macro because if tank1 was dead/out of range/had a silencer up/whatever, misdirection just wouldn't cast so it wouldn't go on cooldown so hopefully it would just switch to tabk2 and try to cast it
    Last edited by Nygax; 2015-07-14 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygax View Post
    I, I've been trying to get a macro to work but I can't so I was wondering if someone could help me

what I want is a macro that will cast Misdirection on the main tank first, on the offtank if it fails, and on our mage if it fails on the offtank (lol) without switching my target off the boss/add/whatever

I tried

[snip]

but for some reason every time it ends with me targeting the mage

and I figured it could all be done in 1 macro because if tank1 was dead/out of range/had a silencer up/whatever, misdirection just wouldn't cast so it wouldn't go on cooldown so hopefully it would just switch to tabk2 and try to cast it

I don't think it's possible to do exactly what you want. The issue is there's nothing in the macro telling it "if blah, do blah," the macro just says "do a crap ton of blah in sequence," and the first time you attempt to cast Misdirection, doesn't matter if the cast succeeds or not, it's no longer going to try to cast Misdirection again in that macro. Basically 1 Macro = 1 Attempted Spell Cast, unless you're including spells/abilities that aren't on the GCD.

When you see people put multiple GCD spells, or multiple instances of the same spell in a macro, it's because the conditionals actually prevent the spell from attempting to cast, unless the conditions are met, so the macro doesn't actually attempt a spell cast until it gets to a part in the macro where all the conditions are valid.

The best you can do is probably use modifiers (i.e.: Tank1 default, Tank2 on Shift, Mage on Ctrl) and track the conditionals (alive, in range, etc) yourself.

So weakauras can access player position data. Is there an easy way to correlate that to individual boss rooms in HFC? The idea would be to recreate the functionality of the not-yet-updated Angry Boss Reminders addon as a weakaura.

EDIT: never mind, every HFC boss has its own subzone so GetSubZoneText() does the job.

EDIT2: Just realized this is the wrong Ask it! thread. Whoops.
    Last edited by Tore; 2015-07-16 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    So weakauras can access player position data. Is there an easy way to correlate that to individual boss rooms in HFC? The idea would be to recreate the functionality of the not-yet-updated Angry Boss Reminders addon as a weakaura.

EDIT: never mind, every HFC boss has its own subzone so GetSubZoneText() does the job.
    If you'd still prefer to keep using AngryBossReminders instead of writing your own replacement replace ABR.Instances on line 22 in Core.lua with

Spoiler: 

Code:
    ABR.Instances = {
    	{ -- Hellfire Citadel
    		journalID = 669,
    		mapID = 1026,
    		bosses = {
    			{ -- Hellfire Assault
    				journalID = 1426,
    				encounterID = 1778,
    				coords = { 0.6, 0, 1, 1, 1 },
    			},
    			{ -- Iron Reaver
    				journalID = 1425,
    				encounterID = 1785,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 0.59, 1, 1 },
    			},
    			{ -- Kormrok
    				journalID = 1392,
    				encounterID = 1787,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 1, 1, 4 },
    			},
    			{ -- Hellfire High Council
    				journalID = 1432,
    				encounterID = 1798,
    				coords = { 0.60, 0.45, 1, 1, 5 },
    			},
    			{ -- Kilrogg Deadeye
    				journalID = 1396,
    				encounterID = 1786,
    				coords = { 0.24, 0, 0.57, 0.50, 5 },
    			},
    			{ -- Gorefiend
    				journalID = 1372,
    				encounterID = 1783,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 0.41, 1, 2 },
    			},
    			{ -- Shadow-Lord Iskar
    				journalID = 1433,
    				encounterID = 1788,
    				coords = { 0, 0.62, 0.55, 1, 6 },
    			},
    			{ -- Fel Lord Zakuun
    				journalID = 1391,
    				encounterID = 1777,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 0.56, 0.34, 6 },
    			},
    			{ -- Xhul'horac
    				journalID = 1447,
    				encounterID = 1800,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 1, 1, 7 },
    			},
    			{ -- Socrethar the Eternal
    				journalID = 1427,
    				encounterID = 1794,
    				coords = { 0.45, 0.42, 1, 0.64, 8 },
    			},
    			{ -- Tyrant Velhari
    				journalID = 1394,
    				encounterID = 1784,
    				coords = { 0.24, 0.46, 0.35, 0.63, 8 },
    			},
    			{ -- Mannoroth
    				journalID = 1395,
    				encounterID = 1795,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 1, 1, 9 },
    			},
    			{ -- Archimonde
    				journalID = 1438,
    				encounterID = 1799,
    				coords = { 0, 0, 1, 1, 10 },
    			},
    		}
    	},
    }

Have used this for two resets so everything should be correct (no guarantee though).
    Last edited by mmoc7723fe36c9; 2015-07-16 at 03:39 AM.

Hi, is there any macro I can use to know how many glyph recipes I still need to learn with my inscription char? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Hi, is there any macro I can use to know how many glyph recipes I still need to learn with my inscription char? Thanks.
    Try this:

Ackis Recipe List

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Thanks, it helped.

im trying to create a macro to cast execution sentence on target (normal) and when i press alt and use it, cast on my self and go back to the last target
    can you help me?

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@player, mod:alt][]Execution Sentence
    should do what you need

thank you, it worked just fine

Deleted
    ...Isn't ALT the self-cast-button as it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    ...Isn't ALT the self-cast-button as it is?
    depends on your settings, but I think it defaults to that...

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowFriends"); SetCVar("nameplateShowFriends",1-a); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies",a);
    /cast Spell
    I found this to toggle between friendly and enemy nameplates but it doesn't quite work in combat.
    Any work around besides the default toggle nameplates keybinding since i want to macro it with a spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Louna View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip Spell
    /run local a = GetCVar("nameplateShowFriends"); SetCVar("nameplateShowFriends",1-a); SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemies",a);
    /cast Spell
    I found this to toggle between friendly and enemy nameplates but it doesn't quite work in combat.
    Any work around besides the default toggle nameplates keybinding since i want to macro it with a spell?
    Addons/macros can't change these cvars in combat since 5.4.8. As far as I know only the default keybind can change the nameplate settings in combat. There's some discussion in that thread on how an addon can disable them at the start of combat and then reenable them when combat ends, but it sounds like that's not what you want.

So I'm trying to use a macro for moving a skull marker around for helping my raiders with add priority on multiple add fights (regardless people actually knowing the add priority shouldn't be an issue, but this is just to help them). The style of one I was using in SoO worked up until HfC was released.

This is the one I would like to use for Hellfire Assault on my warrior
    Code:
    #showtooltip Whirlwind
    /cast Whirlwind
    /run SetRaidTarget("target",8)
    /tar gorebound t
    /stopmacro [exists,nodead]
    /tar Fe
    /tar Go
    /tar Hu
    /tar Co

Only actually ever targets the add in the first /tar line. When there are none of those up it won't progress through the rest of the list like similar ones I've used before (as recently as BRF). I haven't been able to go back and test my old ones, but I set a few up for HfC and none of them seem to be working correctly.

So I've resorted to just using this macro as a super complex macro to just set skull on my current target , but would clear up some of my raid-leading brain clutter to have this sort of thing on auto pilot again.

Does this not work anymore or did I do something dumb in the copy/paste process?
    Last edited by Hadard; 2015-08-03 at 09:37 PM.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-