Bloodsail Admiral DarklingThrush's Avatar
    Argent Tournament, flirting with Confessor Paletress
    Just woke my bear out of his 3 year hibernation since the Cataclysm. Has been fun moving in, revamping the UI and macros, and getting a feel for him again. Here's what I'm doing so far. Would love to here how it compares to those who've bear tanked more in WoD.

I macro'd Mangle with Berserk. Had read that it wouldn't work because they shared a GCD, but that must have changed because I tried it and it works. Not on my toon right now, but I believe it's something like...

#showtooltip Mangle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Mangle

So I can spam it and use Berserk every time it's off CD.

I also macro'd Wild Charge to Typhoon, so I charge in and daze a group of adds:

#showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast Typhoon

Again, this seems to be working.

I hot-keyed Ursol's Vortex to the same mouse button I use for Defile on my DK, so I can drop that on the group without thinking too much about it. Still wondering whether to do that before or after I charge?

The glyphs seem very lack-luster, but I glyphed Faerie Fire for the ranged silence I'm used to having with Strangulate. Combined with my Tauren stomp and Skull Bash, that gives me lots of options with casters.

What I'd like to focus on next is collecting my defensive CDs into just a couple of 'oh sh-t' buttons, one proactive and one reactive. That has worked well for me on my DK, although I have to tweak them occasionally for particular fights, of course.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    snip
    Maybe it would be best if you posted this in a druid forum, higher frequency of good druids there.

For your mangle/berserk macro: I would not know why it does or doesn't work right now, I just would recommend you don't macro it on every single mangle you cast, may it work or not. It's just too good a multi-target CD, you don't want to waste it on a single target if there's more coming up in the next minutes.

You can use a modifier macro if you want to have it in one button.
    No point mentioning these bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Just woke my bear out of his 3 year hibernation since the Cataclysm. Has been fun moving in, revamping the UI and macros, and getting a feel for him again. Here's what I'm doing so far. Would love to here how it compares to those who've bear tanked more in WoD.

I macro'd Mangle with Berserk. Had read that it wouldn't work because they shared a GCD, but that must have changed because I tried it and it works. Not on my toon right now, but I believe it's something like...

#showtooltip Mangle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Mangle

So I can spam it and use Berserk every time it's off CD.

I also macro'd Wild Charge to Typhoon, so I charge in and daze a group of adds:

#showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast Typhoon

Again, this seems to be working.

I hot-keyed Ursol's Vortex to the same mouse button I use for Defile on my DK, so I can drop that on the group without thinking too much about it. Still wondering whether to do that before or after I charge?

The glyphs seem very lack-luster, but I glyphed Faerie Fire for the ranged silence I'm used to having with Strangulate. Combined with my Tauren stomp and Skull Bash, that gives me lots of options with casters.

What I'd like to focus on next is collecting my defensive CDs into just a couple of 'oh sh-t' buttons, one proactive and one reactive. That has worked well for me on my DK, although I have to tweak them occasionally for particular fights, of course.

Any thoughts?
    I would not recommend any of those macros.

Berserk can be both valuable and inconvenient to have it macroed on a frequent ability
    More so, Wild Charge is your only gap closer. Why would you want to push the adds further away and possibly even spread them apart?

Is there any macro for Creating Lovely Charm Bracelet? Can Lovely Charms be created at one time, like create all from professions or something like this? (excuse my english)

Herald of the Titans
    They need to be created one at a time, so just drag them on your actionbar and spam
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: EVGA GTX970 FTW+
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

So I got this macro for announcing (non spammable) when I use Nimble Brew:

#showtooltip
    /use Nimble Brew
    /run local s="Nimble Brew"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","YELL",nil,nil)end

Now I wanna make one for my trinket. I am playing both factions (different names on the use pvp trinkets) and swapping between spirit and versatility trinket, so I wanna use the /use 13 (item slot 13, trinket) in the macro.

I tried:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

But it doesn't announce. What can I replace "13" with, something like "item 13", "use 13", "inventory 13", "InventoryItem(13)" or? Cant figure it out.

Herald of the Titans
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

replace 13 with the itemID (look the item on wowhead, the number in the URL is the itemID). I added a casting check because while GCD still counts as cooldown for spells, it doesn't for trinkets and would spam if you use the macro while casting a spell
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @ 4.8GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x4GB 1600Mhz
    VGA: EVGA GTX970 FTW+
    Drive: 1 x OCZ Vertex 3 240Gb + 1 x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX850W Case: Cooler Master HAF X CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

replace 13 with the itemID (look the item on wowhead, the number in the URL is the itemID). I added a casting check because while GCD still counts as cooldown for spells, it doesn't for trinkets and would spam if you use the macro while casting a spell
    Thanks. But how do I add two trinkets? I'm swapping between meditation (spirit) trinket and adaptation (versatility) trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="125978"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED < PVP TRINKET >","SAY",nil,nil)end
    /run local s="126457"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED < PVP TRINKET >","SAY",nil,nil)end
    the top ID is adaptation and bottom is meditation ID. This macro is to long and therefore not work. It works for one ID though, ofc.

I guess it's not possible with one macro. But if there was some command/line/code like "item 13", "use 13", "inventory 13", "InventoryItem(13)" etc.

This should work with any trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED "..L,"SAY")end
    Last edited by quthar; 2016-03-02 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13

Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    This should work with any trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED "..L,"SAY")end
    Thanks a lot, both of you!

"s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID" was exactly what I was looking for!

My macros ended up like this,

Nimble Brew:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Nimble Brew
    /run local s="Nimble Brew"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("I used NIMBLE","SAY")end

PvP trinket (non human):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I used PVP TRINKET","SAY")end

PvP trinket (human):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use Every Man for Himself
    /run local s="Every Man for Himself"if (GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I used PVP TRINKET","SAY")end

Anything unnecessary/something to add, too optimize? It seems to be working, so far.

What is the best macro for Melee abilities now days?
    In the past you used to have:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Spellname
    But what do you use now days to maximize damage as melee?

I don't know if it's possible to make macros for toys but I'm looking for a castsequence macro that would use the following 2 toys: picnic-basket fishing-chair

Toys are spells. Just use the full name of a toy like you would any other spell.
    Want to block invites, duels, etc.? Check out Decliner (thread)
    Don't like combat text on frames? Check out No Combat Text
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hello! Is there a way to inlclude a class mount (paladins Charger) with Summon Favourite Mount? Right now im using a script which will cast my random favourite mounts, plus the water strider only if im on water:

#showtooltip Invincible
    /run if IsOutdoors() then if IsSwimming() and not IsFlyableArea() then CastSpellByName"Crimson Water Strider" else C_MountJournal.Summon(0) end end

Can I include my Charger somehow?
    I'm a little paladin short and stout,
    here is my hammer and here is my mount,
    when I see a Horde, I scream and shout,
    then I pop a bubble and hearthstone out

Can someone help me with the following macro please?

1.) If I mouseover a friendly target, I want it to be Renew
    2.) If my target is enemy, I want it to be Shadow Word: Pain
    3.) If my target is friendly, I want it to be Renew

Basically, I want it to act as Renew on friendly targets and as Shadow Word: Pain on enemy targets. However, I also want to be able to use it as a mouseover macro, when I mouseover friendly targets. I don't want mouseover for enemy targets though.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daenor32 View Post
    Can someone help me with the following macro please?

1.) If I mouseover a friendly target, I want it to be Renew
    2.) If my target is enemy, I want it to be Shadow Word: Pain
    3.) If my target is friendly, I want it to be Renew

Basically, I want it to act as Renew on friendly targets and as Shadow Word: Pain on enemy targets. However, I also want to be able to use it as a mouseover macro, when I mouseover friendly targets. I don't want mouseover for enemy targets though.

Thanks!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Renew; [help,nodead] Renew; [harm] Shadow Word: Pain

That should work. If you have no target and no friendly mouseover, though, it won't do anything and will look like a question mark on your bar.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That should work. If you have no target and no friendly mouseover, though, it won't do anything and will look like a question mark on your bar.
    Thank you very much!

I know you can make macros with a chat line that only fires when the spell is cast, so you don't spam the chat.

Is that also possible with a sound? Like /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Isiset\\VO_HO_Isiset_Event02.ogg")

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I know you can make macros with a chat line that only fires when the spell is cast, so you don't spam the chat.

Is that also possible with a sound? Like /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Isiset\\VO_HO_Isiset_Event02.ogg")
    Yup macros like that are pretty fun, I have a few.. this one plays a FUS RO DAH! sound clip from Skyrim when I successfully Dragon Roar...

Code:
    #showtooltip [talent:4/2]Shockwave;[talent:4/3]Dragon Roar;Storm Bolt
    /run if GetSpellCooldown(118000)==0 then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\fus.mp3") end
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Concussion Blow
    Depending on what type of spell you're trying to cast there's some more options you can add to that so it won't spam like making sure you have control of your character when you press it so it won't spam if you're being feared etc.

This does a RP emote
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Death Grip")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Death Grip", 'target')==1 and HasFullControl() then SendChatMessage("is snatchin your people up.","EMOTE",nil,nil);end
    /targetenemy [nogroup,noharm]
    /cast Death Grip

This one plays the "sweep the leg, you have a problem with that?" sound file from The Karate Kid, but since I have it on Shift+4 I had to make another adjustment.

Code:
    #showtooltip Tiger Palm
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack
    /run local c="Leg Sweep";if GetSpellCooldown(c)==0 and IsShiftKeyDown() then PlaySoundFile("Interface\\sweep.mp3") end
    /cast [mod:shift]Leg Sweep;Tiger Palm
    ----------

Actually listened to your sound and I'll take a wild guess at what you want to use it for.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run if GetSpellCooldown("Holy Radiance")==0 and IsSpellInRange("Holy Radiance", 'mouseover')==1 and HasFullControl() then PlaySoundKitID(18845) end
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][]Holy Radiance
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-13 at 04:02 AM. Reason: shortened macro thanks Kanegasi

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

You can save a ton of characters by using the sound ids. For the Isiset sound file mentioned, just PlaySoundKitID(18845) will do.
    Want to block invites, duels, etc.? Check out Decliner (thread)
    Don't like combat text on frames? Check out No Combat Text
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    this thread is a waste of internet