See if this is active sticky...

Can you make a macro for making proffesion CD's by clicking on it?

Also any have good milling macro's that will ONLY mill MOP herbs?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can you make a macro for making proffesion CD's by clicking on it?
    I'm sure someone can tidy this up but it's something I made a while back and it works for doing WoD daily CDs. Can add more in to it if you want.
    If you have skinning as one of your professions, it will make wow cry a little but it's fine. I have the 2 of these as 1 massive macro using Macro toolkit. Just mash it a few times until it stops doing anything.

The main point of this was to have 1 macro that I could use on any character. I have a lot of characters.

Profession 1
    Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2; prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof1 = GetProfessionInfo(prof1); CastSpellByName(prof1);  
    /run local a = {"Truesteel Ingot", "Temporal Crystal", "Burnished Leather", "Alchemical Catalyst", "Hexweave Cloth", "War Paints", "Taladite Crystal", "Gearspring Parts"}; for j, N in ipairs(a) do for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)==N then DoTradeSkill(i) end end end HideUIPanel(TradeSkillFrame)
    Profession 2
    Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2; prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof2 = GetProfessionInfo(prof2); CastSpellByName(prof2);  
    /run local a = {"Truesteel Ingot", "Temporal Crystal", "Burnished Leather", "Alchemical Catalyst", "Hexweave Cloth", "War Paints", "Taladite Crystal", "Gearspring Parts"}; for j, N in ipairs(a) do for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)==N then DoTradeSkill(i) end end end HideUIPanel(TradeSkillFrame)

Deleted
    why not shorten local prof1, prof2; prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions();
    to local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    why not shorten local prof1, prof2; prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions();
    to local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); ?
    yes, you can do that. At the time I was just making sure I got it working.

Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof1 = GetProfessionInfo(prof1); CastSpellByName(prof1);
    Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof2 = GetProfessionInfo(prof2); CastSpellByName(prof2);

Hi,
    I have two locks. I use the below macro to spell lock targets.

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting [nopet]
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Optical Blast; Optical Blast
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Command Demon; Command Demon

On the older lock, it works perfectly, I can kick using both pet or Sac. On the new lock however, when I sac my pet, the macro becomes gray and I can't use spell lock. Is there a way I can fix this? The macro is the same for both toons.

Edit: It is gray, however I can still use spell lock but the Bar does not indicate the cooldown timing.
    Last edited by baoluvboa; 2016-02-02 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baoluvboa View Post
    Hi,
    I have two locks. I use the below macro to spell lock targets.

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting [nopet]
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Spell Lock; Spell Lock
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Optical Blast; Optical Blast
    /cast [target=focus, exists, harm] Command Demon; Command Demon

On the older lock, it works perfectly, I can kick using both pet or Sac. On the new lock however, when I sac my pet, the macro becomes gray and I can't use spell lock. Is there a way I can fix this? The macro is the same for both toons.

Edit: It is gray, however I can still use spell lock but the Bar does not indicate the cooldown timing.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting [nopet]
    /cast [@focus,harm][] Spell Lock
    /cast [@focus,harm][] Optical Blast
    /cast [@focus,harm][] Command Demon
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone.

Is there a way to make a macro to pop breath and vial with no mod, but when shift is pressed be death's advance and no trink? The one I use now doesn't work correctly and pops vial no matter what mod is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    Hi everyone.

Is there a way to make a macro to pop breath and vial with no mod, but when shift is pressed be death's advance and no trink? The one I use now doesn't work correctly and pops vial no matter what mod is used.
    This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Death's Advance;Breath of Sindragosa
    /use [nomod] Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    /cast [mod:shift] Death's Advance;Breath of Sindragosa
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberie View Post
    yes, you can do that. At the time I was just making sure I got it working.

Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof1 = GetProfessionInfo(prof1); CastSpellByName(prof1);
    Code:
    /script local prof1, prof2 = GetProfessions(); prof2 = GetProfessionInfo(prof2); CastSpellByName(prof2);
    I was searching for something like this, but its way 2 long, doesnt fit in macro window.. Help

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    I was searching for something like this, but its way 2 long, doesnt fit in macro window.. Help
    Easiest way is to use a macro extender. Macro toolkit is what I have.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/macro-toolkit

These macros are dynamic so if you just want to make one button per cooldown, it can be shortened a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfury View Post
    This example is with Alchemy as the first profession and Engineering as the second.

First macro:

/run local s,a,b="Alchemical Catalyst",GetProfessions()a=GetProfessionInfo(a)CastSpellByName(a)for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)==s then DoTradeSkill(i) end end HideUIPanel(TradeSkillFrame)

Second macro:

/run local s,a,b="Gearspring Parts",GetProfessions()b=GetProfessionInfo(b)CastSpellByName(b)for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)==s then DoTradeSkill(i) end end HideUIPanel(TradeSkillFrame)

Just change the bold parts to suit your needs. If one doesn't work and you know you have the name of the item right, change the a to b or b to a.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Just woke my bear out of his 3 year hibernation since the Cataclysm. Has been fun moving in, revamping the UI and macros, and getting a feel for him again. Here's what I'm doing so far. Would love to here how it compares to those who've bear tanked more in WoD.

I macro'd Mangle with Berserk. Had read that it wouldn't work because they shared a GCD, but that must have changed because I tried it and it works. Not on my toon right now, but I believe it's something like...

#showtooltip Mangle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Mangle

So I can spam it and use Berserk every time it's off CD.

I also macro'd Wild Charge to Typhoon, so I charge in and daze a group of adds:

#showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast Typhoon

Again, this seems to be working.

I hot-keyed Ursol's Vortex to the same mouse button I use for Defile on my DK, so I can drop that on the group without thinking too much about it. Still wondering whether to do that before or after I charge?

The glyphs seem very lack-luster, but I glyphed Faerie Fire for the ranged silence I'm used to having with Strangulate. Combined with my Tauren stomp and Skull Bash, that gives me lots of options with casters.

What I'd like to focus on next is collecting my defensive CDs into just a couple of 'oh sh-t' buttons, one proactive and one reactive. That has worked well for me on my DK, although I have to tweak them occasionally for particular fights, of course.

Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    snip
    Maybe it would be best if you posted this in a druid forum, higher frequency of good druids there.

For your mangle/berserk macro: I would not know why it does or doesn't work right now, I just would recommend you don't macro it on every single mangle you cast, may it work or not. It's just too good a multi-target CD, you don't want to waste it on a single target if there's more coming up in the next minutes.

You can use a modifier macro if you want to have it in one button.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Just woke my bear out of his 3 year hibernation since the Cataclysm. Has been fun moving in, revamping the UI and macros, and getting a feel for him again. Here's what I'm doing so far. Would love to here how it compares to those who've bear tanked more in WoD.

I macro'd Mangle with Berserk. Had read that it wouldn't work because they shared a GCD, but that must have changed because I tried it and it works. Not on my toon right now, but I believe it's something like...

#showtooltip Mangle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Mangle

So I can spam it and use Berserk every time it's off CD.

I also macro'd Wild Charge to Typhoon, so I charge in and daze a group of adds:

#showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast Typhoon

Again, this seems to be working.

I hot-keyed Ursol's Vortex to the same mouse button I use for Defile on my DK, so I can drop that on the group without thinking too much about it. Still wondering whether to do that before or after I charge?

The glyphs seem very lack-luster, but I glyphed Faerie Fire for the ranged silence I'm used to having with Strangulate. Combined with my Tauren stomp and Skull Bash, that gives me lots of options with casters.

What I'd like to focus on next is collecting my defensive CDs into just a couple of 'oh sh-t' buttons, one proactive and one reactive. That has worked well for me on my DK, although I have to tweak them occasionally for particular fights, of course.

Any thoughts?
    I would not recommend any of those macros.

Berserk can be both valuable and inconvenient to have it macroed on a frequent ability
    More so, Wild Charge is your only gap closer. Why would you want to push the adds further away and possibly even spread them apart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any macro for Creating Lovely Charm Bracelet? Can Lovely Charms be created at one time, like create all from professions or something like this? (excuse my english)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They need to be created one at a time, so just drag them on your actionbar and spam

So I got this macro for announcing (non spammable) when I use Nimble Brew:

#showtooltip
    /use Nimble Brew
    /run local s="Nimble Brew"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","YELL",nil,nil)end

Now I wanna make one for my trinket. I am playing both factions (different names on the use pvp trinkets) and swapping between spirit and versatility trinket, so I wanna use the /use 13 (item slot 13, trinket) in the macro.

I tried:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

But it doesn't announce. What can I replace "13" with, something like "item 13", "use 13", "inventory 13", "InventoryItem(13)" or? Cant figure it out.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

replace 13 with the itemID (look the item on wowhead, the number in the URL is the itemID). I added a casting check because while GCD still counts as cooldown for spells, it doesn't for trinkets and would spam if you use the macro while casting a spell

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="13"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage(s.." has been used!","SAY",nil,nil)end

replace 13 with the itemID (look the item on wowhead, the number in the URL is the itemID). I added a casting check because while GCD still counts as cooldown for spells, it doesn't for trinkets and would spam if you use the macro while casting a spell
    Thanks. But how do I add two trinkets? I'm swapping between meditation (spirit) trinket and adaptation (versatility) trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s="125978"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED < PVP TRINKET >","SAY",nil,nil)end
    /run local s="126457"if (GetItemCooldown(s)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED < PVP TRINKET >","SAY",nil,nil)end
    the top ID is adaptation and bottom is meditation ID. This macro is to long and therefore not work. It works for one ID though, ofc.

I guess it's not possible with one macro. But if there was some command/line/code like "item 13", "use 13", "inventory 13", "InventoryItem(13)" etc.

This should work with any trinket.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use 13
    /run local s,i,L; s=13; i=GetInventoryItemID("player",s); L=GetInventoryItemLink("player", s); if (GetItemCooldown(i)==0 and not UnitCastingInfo("player")) then SendChatMessage("I USED "..L,"SAY")end
    Last edited by quthar; 2016-03-02 at 08:41 AM.